Chapter 251. Two Girls and A Boy
9.8k 27 227
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Incubus System Chapter 251. Two Girls and A Boy

The time showed 02.00 PM when I stepped out of the classroom with the other students and Larry. Believe it or not, I was totally blown away by Larry today. If he used to be lazy and acted like a pathetic zombie when the lesson started, then not today. He paid attention to all the lecturer's explanations and wrote them down in his note. His concentration was focused on all of that. It was something that had never happened in his life, at least as long as I had known him. Even now, although his legs moved beside me, his eyes were still fixed on the book in his hands.

My eyes glanced at Larry who was still concentrating on his book like a geek. My brows furrowed.
"You can read it later. Just walk properly for now," I warned him. As usual, we walked to the Cafeteria to grab our late lunch. I knew he was eager to learn, but walking around without paying attention to his surroundings would only bring bad consequences for him.

"I'm almost done," he said without shifting his eyes to me. After his answer, I didn't say anything else.

My eyes looked at the students around us for a while before turning to the huge, long windows on the other side of me. The sun was shining brightly through it and there were only a few clouds in the clear blue sky. But my thought was on my schedule for today. Unlike before, since yesterday's incident solved some mysteries and problems, I was less busy now. I only needed to meet Diamond at 03.00 PM in her office later. Meanwhile, Pearl decided to take a rest after yesterday's incident, so I didn't have to go to Ledred. It was a bit weird since she said she wanted to redo the sex game before, but I guessed what happened yesterday also gave her a traumatic experience.

As for Camila and 'Miguel' or Ivy to be precise, they had just returned from the court after successfully cancelling their divorce and were taking care of something with their lawyers. As for Mia, she was still hiding in Pearl's Mansion and I hadn't received any news about her, but according to Pearl, with what happened yesterday, Mia would return to her house in Ironshade Town soon. She was just waiting for her sister to cancel her order to take her home. So I guessed this had something to do with the demon attacks, but why did she not want to go home?

About Celia and Foxy, I didn't pick them up today since they said they wanted to go home on their own. And since the border energy disturbance was not as bad as before, I gave my permission.
'I think I will spend my time hunting demons with my servants tonight.' I wanted to try my new skill for it. I also planned to check on the maid to make sure she was okay.

My hand opened the glass door to the cafeteria and entered that crowded place. At the same time, a bumping sound came from next to me.
"Ow!" groaned Larry in pain.

I turned to Larry who had just hit the glass door with a flat stare. His hand rubbed his reddened nose and forehead. Some students who passed us laughed at him even though they tried to cover it with their hands.
"Told ya," I said.

He replied to me with a pout and put the book inside his bag. As we entered the cafeteria, Emma and Olivia, who were already sitting at one of the tables, waved their hands at us with a smile, telling us that they had secured our seats. As I remembered, they had one more class later. I replied with a smile before queuing in front of the counter.

My eyes were at the menu board for a moment before turning to Larry.
"Should we get some tacos?" I said. But then I frowned after realizing Larry was still cringing at Olivia. I turned to Olivia in curiosity and only found her talking to Emma.

I returned my gaze to him.
"Hey," I nudged him with my elbow.

"What?" Finally, he turned to me with an innocent face.

"Why are you looking at her like that?" It wasn't the look of someone in love, but it wasn't his usual displeasure either. Besides, I didn't find anything strange between them when he met Olivia as a Demon Hunter last night.

"You know, it's a bit strange to see someone acting out of the character," he said with an awkward smile.

"Are you talking about yourself?" I said with a frown. It was clear he was the one acting out of the character today.

He glanced briefly at Olivia, making sure she wasn't looking at us before he returned his gaze to me.
"I'm talking about Olivia," he said in a low voice, making sure the others did not hear his voice.

"Huh?" I looked at Olivia once more. Although her face was a little gloomy because of yesterday's incident, she chatted with Emma just like usual and I didn't feel there was anything wrong with her.
"What are you talking about?" I returned my gaze to him.

"Tch!" A trace of annoyance on his face since I didn't understand him.
"I mean---" His words stopped and he suddenly petrified before he pressed his lips and turned his gaze elsewhere in regret.

From his expression, I guessed it had something to do with last night's incident, so he couldn't tell me.

"Just forget it," he gave in.

I sighed and decided to let it slide.
"Should we get some tacos?" I repeated.

"Sure."

After we got our food, we sat across from them and since they had finished eating, there were only our trays on the table. While two cups of coffee were in front of Emma and Olivia. But instead of greeting me, Emma greeted Larry.
"I'm glad you are still alive, Larry," she said with a sweet smile. Despite her smile, I knew it was a satire for what happened at yesterday's dinner. Meanwhile, Olivia and I hid our laughter.

"Let's not talk about that," he said with a pout. He glanced at Olivia who was covering her giggles with her hand before turning her gaze back to Emma.
"I can't believe you told her," he said.

"You never told me to keep it. Besides, it was too hilarious," Emma said as she held back her giggle. I guessed she decided to tell me this since Olivia was my loyal partner now. Besides, because of my identity, she had to tell Olivia about the demon hunter a bit, especially about Ruby and Larry,

"Who knew it would end up as a disaster," he said in annoyance. His hand took his taco and he took a big bite as if he vented his anger to it. Then his gaze turned to Olivia.
"I down't ge it. I thout yo aw into Ethan, but why he is dating Emma now?" Since he spoke in a mouthful, some pieces of his food came out from his mouth.

Reflexively, Emma and Olivia's hands took their cups of coffee to rescue them. Their gazes were at Larry in disgust.

"Stop doing that or you won't get any girlfriend forever," I said before they said another word.

"I hav 'nana-han' remember?" he answered me in a nonchalant tone as he chewed his food. I guessed he had given up on his love life or Ruby had made him that way. Then he returned his gaze to Olivia.
"So you'll throw him away just like that?" he asked again in the same nonchalant tone. His hand brought his half taco close and put it in his mouth.

"I'm also dating Ethan, you know," Olivia said with a frown. Her eyes stared at the pieces of food on his tray in disgust.

Larry stiffened like a statue. His mouth was still full of his food. His face suddenly turned pale and his gaze shifted to me slowly. His panic was evident on his face.
"Did I... Step on a landmine...?" Again he said it with his mouth full. And I could guess he thought he shouldn't have mentioned that.

"They already know that I'm dating both of them," I said casually.

*Cough* *Cough* *Cough*

He choked on his food. His tears welled up in the corners of his eyes and his shock was clear on his face.
"What?!" He shouted loudly after he could get his voice out.

227