Chapter 377. The Chairwoman and The Warning II
4k 13 96
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Incubus System Chapter 377. The Chairwoman and The Warning II

Although she looked displeased with my reply, she had no other choice but to agree.
"What do you want to talk about?" she said without canceling her skill.

"About me and the recent attacks," I said.

She furrowed her brows, showing her confusion clearly.
"So you admit that you had something to do with those attacks?" she guessed.

"By attacking the other demons instead of joining the fun?" I answered her question with another question.

"Then what?" she asked.

"I'm sure you've noticed, the recent big attacks are worse than usual. I have been watching you, demon hunters, and realized that you have improved a lot. But... You still depend a lot on me and my servants. So I think it's time for you to be more independent." I started our conversation.

"Does that mean you admit that you did it to protect us?" said Mrs Clea straight to the point. Looked like she was trying to figure out my intentions since I kept giving her uncertain answers.

A smirk appeared on my lips.
"That depends on your personal opinion. But if you think so, you should stop trying to catch me. I have no interest in wearing a collar around my neck and becoming the association's dog." It was an honest answer since my existence itself was a controversy.

"We never meant it. We never meant to enslave you," said Mrs Clea firmly.

I let out an evil chuckle.
"Maybe you don't, but not with the senators." I leaned my body a bit towards her.
"Did you say my hello to them?" I asked.

"I did," she said in hesitation.

"Then what's their response?" I said as I tilted my head a bit.

Mrs Clea pressed her lips. Her hesitation was evident on her face.
"They're grateful for what you've done for humans." Finally, she let out her voice.

Another chuckle came out of my mouth. This time was a mocking one.
"Oh c'mon. What makes you think I'll buy that? Tell me the truth, I won't be mad at you."

Mrs Clea's silence proved that what I said was true. She was taking a couple of breaths before speaking again.
"They ordered us to catch or kill you. Whatever it takes."

Instead of getting angry, I smirked evilly.
"As expected." But then my smirk disappeared.

"It makes me want to get rid of them even more." My adrenaline was racing, I wanted to destroy them right now. Unfortunately, they were important people for this world, getting rid of them was the same as disturbing the whole world's political stability and it could lead to the world into chaos. Whereas I didn't know how far I could go with my Manipulation and Devil's Puppet skills. Also,I hadn't investigated the power and the technology behind them... One wrong step, everything would backfire on me.

"You targeted them from the start?" Mrs Clea asked.

I answered her with a mysterious smile.
"Let's forget it for now. I know your relationship with them isn't good either. They even almost killed you last time," I reminded her.

Mrs Clea fell silent again. That was undeniable and too obvious even for an outsider like me. What she protected was trying to kill her. It was too ironic. Yet she couldn't do anything but obey since being a demon hunter was the only way to protect humans from demons. This was the reason why I didn't want to join the association in the first place.

I raised my three fingers.
"3 months. I'll give you 3 months. During that time, I won't interfere in any battles and watch as a spectator. No matter what happens, I won't help you. So please be careful. Today is my last day, but I'm only going to do it half as much as usual. So you can measure your own power," I warned her.

"Did yesterday's battle hurt you?" She made wild guesses. Well, her guess was kinda normal since I had been meddling with a lot of battles lately.

But it managed to make me burst into laughter.
"Those lowly demons aren't a problem for me. I just want to know how strong humans are. Besides, I'm not interested in being your babysitter forever," I said as soon as I could get my voice out.

It managed to spark anger in her eyes.
"We're not babies."

Another smirk bloomed on my lips.
"Then prove it. Prove if you are strong enough to handle this without us," I challenged.

"I will." Her hands clenched into fists.

"Good." Once again, I opened my portal behind me. Since my barrier was about to break, I decided to let out my spikes, just to make sure she didn't attack me from behind.

[The portal has opened!]

"Just for a reminder. Some people are rotten. They don't deserve your protection." I turned around.
"Goodnight." Then I walked on the portal followed by my spikes. As soon as I almost entered it, I snapped my fingers to cancel my barrier, Silence skill and my Dark Bound.

As soon as Alan managed to get out of his bound, he quickly spread out his wings. His angry screeching filled the room. He was about to attack me before Mrs Clea even gave him her orders. But my spikes that surrounded him, made him undo his intentions.

"Be a good boy, Alan," I said without stopping my steps.

-----

Mrs Clea's PoV

Mrs Clea's eyes stared at how the great demon disappeared into the darkness and the black hole in front of her disappeared. At the same time, the black lances also turned into a dark aura and disappeared.

A long breath came out of Mrs Clea's mouth as she canceled her skill and threw her body on her chair. Upon her grim expression, Alan flew over to her, sat on her shoulder and rubbed his head on Mrs Clea's to comfort her.

"I'm okay, Alan," she whispered. Yet her expression remained the same.

Her mind returned to what the great demon had said. She indeed felt The Senate had done a lot of injustice to her and the demon hunters. Especially two days ago. She was furious when she learned the senators ordered to launch the Holy Missile without her consent. Because for Mrs Clea, she not only had the responsibility to the civilians or the senators but also to the demon hunters she brought to the battlefield. On the other hand, the association would not be able to run without the senators' power and money. Meanwhile, if she resigned from the association, it meant she would have to give up her powers and become an ordinary person. She wouldn't have the power to fight demons anymore. It was a big dilemma for her.

Amid her bitter feeling, her gaze shifted to her laptop screen which showed Renart's photo. That photo was taken a few days before the tragedy that took her lover's life forever.
"Tell me, what should I do, Renart?" she whispered.

> Read more than 103 chapters ahead of TIS + 5 weekly update + 29 Extra R18 chapters + access to all R18 ASMR +R18 poll R18 scene

My Patreon-page

My ko-fi page

My Discord

96