Chapter 434. The Prince and The Abyss III
2.9k 6 67
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Incubus System Chapter 434. The Prince and The Abyss III

As soon as my dark aura disappeared, I was already in the dining room. My sight quickly caught Lord Damon who was sitting at the end of the table. A few documents and two pens floated in front of him. The maids who were standing at the side of the room were ready with the small carts.

I walked to my seat.
"Sorry, I'm late, ---" I wanted to call him 'dad', but again, that word stuck in my throat. Since my human dad had taken good care of me and raised me well, I couldn't replace him that easily.

Lord Damon turned his gaze to me upon that awkward pause.
"Seriously, what's with that pause?" he complained.

I sat in my seat.
"Nothing," I said with an innocent grin.

He waved his hand to the side without looking at me. The documents flew on the small table by his side.
"Spit it out," he demanded.

Since I was pretty sure he would give me a nasty look if I was telling the truth, I decided to tell him what happened at Abyss.
"I ran into another Banshee at the Lunatic Ravine today."

"How many of them?" His tone and the look in his eyes turned serious.

"Around twenty."

"Twenty?" He raised his voice in surprise and disbelief. A frown of confusion on his forehead.

"And Savage Fire Anaconda. Also around that number," I added in the same serious tone as him.

His pupils moved from side to side in confusion.
"It's impossible. Has the barrier been destroyed?"

"I also thought the same so I went to check the barrier. But I found nothing. The barrier looked fine to me," I reported.

Lord Damon was deep in thought for a while.
"That's weird..." he muttered.

"They were also going straight to me," I added.

He glanced at me.
"Did you say anything to them? Like a hint about your identity or I'm the one who sent you?"

I frowned in reply.
"Do you think I'm that stupid?" I said in displeasure. I went there to train not to chat around with my enemies. Besides, why should I brag about my identity to demons trapped in the middle of nowhere like them?

"Who knows? Maybe you were too happy with your new powers and decided to show off about it?"

I looked the other way for a second before I returned my gaze to him. A breath of annoyance escaped my mouth.
"Really?" I scoffed.

"Just answer me. Yes or no," he asked.

"Of course not," I replied in the same displeasure.

"Then did you activate your demon lord form?" he guessed again.

"No. You forbid me to use it except I want to announce my true identity to this world."

He placed his fist under his lower lip and shifted his gaze to his eating utensils in front of him.
"That's weird..." he muttered.

"Isn't it because we look alike?" I made my guess.

He let out a short mocking chuckle as my reply.
"Do you think this is the human world?" he scoffed.

"What do you mean?" I asked for his explanation.

"Almost all demons have the basic skill of shape-shifting. It's the demon's basic skill besides the demon's clothes," he explained.

I knew demons could change their appearance once they arrived in the human world. Some of Lunatic Ravine's demons also had this skill. On second thought, I also had my human form from the start. Even though it was my original appearance after I became an incubus, that appearance became my disguise.

"And some of them can do more than that. Just like that little fox," he added. As soon as those words left his mouth, he changed his appearance to Ethan's. Still, the look in his eyes didn't resemble mine at all. Likewise with the smug smirk on his face.
"They can turn into you, me, or anyone. So we recognize a demon from their demonic aura, not their face."

"I see..." Then it's down to one guess.
"I think maybe I've slaughtered too many demons in the past two weeks." That was my first guess and the only guess.

Yet Lord Damon didn't answer me. Instead, he was deep in thought again.
"What level are you now?" he asked after a short silence.

"121."

"So 49 to go," he muttered before he was deep in thought again.
"If you go full hunting, can you estimate when you can reach your max level?"

"In The Lunatic Ravine?" I made sure.

"Yes. Count out The Dreadful Burial Ground since we don't know what happened there," he confirmed.

"It depends on the number of my opponents. Around one more week at most. Two or three days if I encounter a lot of high-level demons," That was one of the main reasons why I could go up 21 levels today. Not to mention my skill area of course.

"I see..." Another ugly frown on his face. To make it worse, he used my face to do it. But I couldn't throw my complaint since we were in the middle of a serious conversation.

"Should I check the barrier up close?" I asked. It made him turn to me.
"I just checked from far earlier. So I could have missed something important."

After another pause, he spoke again.
"Fine. But if that's not possible, just get out of there."

"If I find a hole in the barrier, may I use my Dark Energy to close it?" I asked his permission, just to make sure it was safe.
"I mean we have to keep the Abyss balance," I added.

"Depends on how big the hole is. You may use your Dark Energy if it is a small one. Just remember, keep your distance from the barrier." He leaned his body towards me and looked at me with a serious look.
"And don't even think about getting into the Dreadful Burial Grounds. Ever," he threatened.

"Got it," I replied.

>Read more than 135 chapters ahead of TIS + 5 weekly update + 39 Extra R18 chapters + access to all R18 ASMR +R18 poll R18 scene

68 chapter ahead of DKH & 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

25 chapters ahead of SSS +4 weekly update

My Patreon-page

My ko-fi page

My Discord


67