Chapter 443. The Demon Prince’s Last Training VI
2.9k 5 78
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Incubus System Chapter 443. The Demon Prince's Last Training VI

- Blar!

A booming sound of my lighting pierced my ears when I turned to that demon and pointed my sword at him. My head felt heavy due to the exhaustion. The evil atmosphere kept eroding my common sense.

I knew he was strong. Much, much stronger than me or other demons I had faced before. I was not even sure if I could fight him.

My half-open eyes stared at the demon figure that was approaching me. My sight could only catch his blurry figure.

Rather than a gigantic demon, my sight could only catch a human figure. But somehow I felt familiar with him. Especially since his figure was similar to mine.

I recognized his aura, but I couldn't remember it.
'Who...' I thought. I knew I had to attack him before he could reach me, but there was a part of me that stopped me.

- Blar!

Another booming sound of lighting pierced my ears. I flinched. My heart ached. That sound and this demon appearance reminded me of my painful past. The day that I lost my father when I waited for him to pick me up at my college in the middle of a storm for hours. I was alone and hoped he would come to pick me up soon. But in the end, he never came...

No, he even left me forever.

Even though it happened a long time ago, the pain was still there.

I tilted my head slightly and desperately focused my gaze on the demon, hoping to get a better look at him. As he approached, my confused mind began to recognize who he was. A bitter relief pierced my heart.

I lowered my sword weakly and let it go. It quickly turned into a dark aura as soon as it slipped out of my grip. A faint smile bloomed on my lips.
"Dad..." I called him in a hoarse voice.

After that word left my mouth, my body collapsed as I couldn't hold my exhaustion anymore.

He quickly teleported in front of me and caught me.
"Damian!" I bet I scared him with my messed-up state.

But instead of answering, I said something else.
"At last... You came to pick me up..." It was weird since those words were for my human dad, yet I said them to my other dad. But I was happy that I could say it. I was happy, I was not alone and someone picked me up this time.

After that what I remember was Lord Damon's voice saying something before I finally lost my consciousness completely.

I'm so tired...

-----

Lord Damon's PoV

Once the barrier was broken, he quickly entered The Dreadful Burial Grounds. With that, the pillar should self-destruct. The heavy evil atmosphere immediately pierced his senses. Although that atmosphere was harmless to demons, it could devour one's common sense and fill it with strong killing intent.

What Yuffy said repeated in his head.
'He's been in the Abyss for more than 12 hours.'

That meant Damian had been in this place for over 13 hours. In other words, he had to get Damian out immediately, or else Damian would lose his mind!

He flicked his wings, brought his body as high as possible, and stopped in the mid-air. His eyes looked in all directions to find Damian in worry. In a flat terrain like this, he should be able to find Damian quickly and he was right.

His sight caught a ruckus from a distance. His ears could catch the faint sound of explosions and his eyes could catch the flames that were spinning fiercely.

He flicked his wings once more, flying to it as fast as he could. Although he could feel Damian was fine, he didn't know how badly this evil atmosphere had swallowed up Damian's mind.

As he got closer, Damian's demonic force grew stronger. Apart from that, he also realized that there were no other demons in this place besides them. Which meant… Damian had killed them all.

He shuddered between happiness and surprise at Damian's progress. Also worried that the evil atmosphere had corrupted Damian's mind too far.

Landing on the ground, he jogged to approach Damian who was laughing like a mad man in front of the broken pillar. But Damian quickly realized his presence.

Damian stopped laughing and turned to him. His sword pointed at Lord Damon. It made Lord Damon stop in his tracks.

Lord Damon's eyes widened when he saw his son's state. From Damian's half-open eyes, Lord Damon could tell he almost lost his consciousness. No, he wasn't even sure Damian could still see him clearly or recognize him.

The sweat that filled Damian's face and body showed his exhaustion clearly. His quivering lips also showed the same thing.

Lord Damon was speechless. His feet stepped, approaching his son slowly.

In his heart, he prayed that Damian still had his consciousness, that Damian didn't end up becoming the second Erebus. He prayed that he didn't have to kill his own son. But from how Damian pointed his sword, he knew it wasn't a good sign.

Amidst his worries, Damian suddenly lowered his sword and released it. A faint smile bloomed on his lips.
“Dad…” Damian's voice sounded weak yet Lord Damon could hear it clearly. And it shocked him.

After that, Damian's body fell. Spontaneously, Lord Damon teleported and caught his son's weak body.
"Damian!" he called in worry.

But what he said shocked Lord Damon even more.
"At last... You came to pick me up..." Damian whispered.

He was stunned. The pain when he lost Damian for the first time mixed with how he felt when he picked up Erebus a thousand years ago pierced his heart. Even though he realized Damian wasn't Erebus, it made him understand his brother's feelings. Maybe... If Erebus hadn't lost his heart a thousand years ago, he would also have said the same thing.

Amidst the pain, a smile cracked Lord Damon's cold face.
"Sorry for keeping you waiting," he whispered.

>Read more than 144 chapters ahead of TIS + 5 weekly update + 42 Extra R18 chapters + access to all R18 ASMR +R18 poll R18 scene

73 chapter ahead of DKH & 10 chapter ahead of DM + 2 weekly update

38 chapters ahead of SSS +4 weekly update

My Patreon-page

My ko-fi page

My Discord

78