Chapter 494. The Old Me, The New Me I
2.2k 3 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
The Incubus System Chapter 494. The Old Me, The New Me I
It was 07. 12 PM. The dinner came. As usual, we gathered in the dining room and enjoyed the food. Different from the previous dinner, this time the table was filled with various tasty-looking foods complete with various bottles of wine. Even though Lord Damon didn't say anything, I knew he wanted to celebrate my success. And instead of his usual arrogant attitude, his happiness was clearly visible on his face.
A burst of laughter escaped his mouth when I told him how I stole the documents under Beel's nose.
"Bwahahaha! I can imagine his angry face. I bet he'll need more than a gallon of ice cream to cool his head down," he said between his loud laughs. He even had to put his wine glass in or he would spoil it.
“A gallon of ice cream? That's crazy!” I said in shock. From the internet, I knew Beel's demonic form wasn't much different from a chubby little kid. But since he was a demon and judging from Beel's documents, I was sure he could eat all of that.
Lord Damon shrugged. "It's Beel after all," he said in a nonchalant tone.
I exhaled a heavy breath. “Well, that explains the documents,” I said before I stuffed a mouthful of pieces of meat into my mouth. The meat was as tender as a high-quality wagyu so this was my second portion.
"Oh yes. I forgot. Did you find anything other than that crappy restaurant plan?” he asked.
"For now. Zero. I only found a few documents about the city and a grand cooking competition. The rest are simply his food blogs,” I said with a huff. The trace of annoyance was evident in the tone of my voice.
His another burst of laughter answered me. While I decided to shove another mouthful of meat into my mouth.
“As expected of him,” Lord Damon said between his laughs.
I shook my head from side to side slowly in disappointment. A frown on my forehead.
“I thought I would have a big catch. But I was wrong. I don't understand how a demon lord like him only cares about food. I mean, the demon lord's position is kinda similar to a duke, right? Or maybe a governor. How could he care more about food than his own duty?” I protested.
No, duke or mayor was not enough to describe these four demon lords' power and authority (Letos, Zatan, Beel, and Syntyche). Their power was more than territory and authority, but they were also a ruler of a demon kind. They could have ordered their kind to fight to the death for their egos.
"As I said, it's Beel after all," said Lord Damon casually. "Besides, don't equate a demon lord's job with the human world's job. Even though we have a lot of responsibilities, we can do what we want,” he explained in a nonchalant tone. His hand took his glass of wine before he sipped it.
I replied with a flat stare.
“That sounds selfish,” I said in annoyance.
“All demons are selfish. Especially demon lords. It's just that, we have our own selfishness.” He put down his glass before he spoke again. "Like you for example. Don't you feel more selfish after Lilieth raised you as our son?” I could see the devilish smirk on his face.
I frowned, trying to remember what had changed. "Except the way I 'eat' and my demonic instincts that were trying to take over me, I don't think so."
Although that power turned me into an incubus, I'm still me--- the same old Ethan. It was just that that change made me have the courage to do many things. Something I couldn't possibly dare to do and say before. I was too weak before and not confident due to my body and face, so I rarely spoke what was on my head.
He leaned his face towards me. His smirk widened as if mocking me. “Then what about the domination? The intimidation? I know the demonic power doesn't change the real you, but your ego grows stronger due to your change."
But my expression remained unchanged. “That certainly changed me a bit. But I'm still me. I didn't suddenly turn into an egoistic bastard because of that,” I reminded him.
"Are you sure? Your harem is a clear example of your ego,” he stated.
His statement created another frown on my forehead. "What has that got to do with it?" I retorted.
“Let me ask you this. If you were still a human, would you sleep with as many women as now? Are you going to have a lot of relationships with women to satisfy your lust and desire? Including your sister. Or---” He leaned closer. "Are you only going to have one single woman who can accept you as you are? Or maybe not at all." His eyes stared straight at mine.
I couldn't answer it. Despite his annoying tone, what he said was right. And it kinda irritated me. I knew my life changed since my Demonic seal broke but I never saw myself as a selfish person--- Demon, I mean.
It sucked indeed, but this was a typical dinner with Lord Damon. And somehow I got used to it.
Ivy's voice broke a short silence between us. “Your Majesty, I don't think there's anything wrong with that. His Highness is an incubus, after all, that's normal for him,” she tried to defend me.
"But he's right, Ivy," I claimed without taking my eyes off him. "That's exactly what he said. The old me wouldn't dare to sleep with that many women nor make a harem. My selfishness has grown bigger since I came back to life as a demon. But---"I leaned my body towards him.
An annoying smirk replaced my flat stare. "--- The old me also wouldn't dare to take over a demon king's duties nor being the demon prince. Guess who needed it and forced me to take over his duties. I wonder why he still calls me selfish after all the work,” I said defiantly.
He clicked his tongue and plopped himself on his seat.
"Tch! That's a good comeback." Then he continued his dinner.
I smiled in satisfaction.
"Thank you. I will take it as a compliment,” I said.

> Read more than 180 chapters ahead of TIS + 5 weekly update + 66 Extra R18 chapters + access to all R18 ASMR +R18 poll R18 scene.

56