Interlude I – Sophie
305 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Enjoy! =D

 

Sophie sat on the corpse of the Stone Wyrm on the top of a rock mountain.

She found this pathetic overgrown serpent with legs more akin to worms than dragons. The latter agree. Calling a veritable dragon a wyrm was one of the foulest things you could tell them. It would make the dragon attack at once, no questions asked, no trying to understand the context.

 

Second Floor's Secret (2/2): Stone Wyrm's Rebellion
The Stone Wyrm controls...

 

She barely read the window congratulating her for finding the secret and rewarding her with the [Minor Mental Resistance] skill.

Even she, who had a mythical class at the Second Floor, wasn't immune to mental skills like the dreadful mind control. She used to rush to the Fifth Floor to get it before anything else in the first resets, but then her beloved one told her the Secret to get it on the Second Floor.

Her heart missed a beat when remembering him.

It was unfortunate that she had to do that to him. But her aim was more important than his wellbeing. It was not as if humanity had a chance of winning, after all.

Sophie had been told this truth on his first reset, when she was allowed to secretly come back in time with him as long as she did what the gods asked of her. She was the one who hinted to him first that it was impossible to amass 100 billion points. She still remembered the soul-crushing sadness she felt from the soul link when he first found out she had betrayed humankind.

Poor man, believing she never remembered him, trying his best to find a sure way to get into her pants every reset. She would've told him the truth if she could, revealed her plans, convinced him to see things her way. Maybe he would even agree to join her for the greater good. And if he didn't, it wasn't as if he could do anything to stop her.

But she couldn't spill the beans.

Instant death and no more time travelling were the consequence for breaking the contract she signed with the gods of the Tower.

She looked at the sky.

This would be their last time together. She wouldn't give up now, but it didn't mean she couldn't have some fun before the time came.

Some genuine, plot-free fun with the man she loved but had to betray.

If he asked her anything about the [Last Key], like he had done previous resets, she could just refuse to answer it. He couldn't kill her before he got a mythical class of his own on the Ninetieth Floor.

Furthermore, she knew him. If they got that far together, he would rather give her a taste of victory on the Hundredth Floor before killing her anyway.

Just like she had manipulated him to do.

Her victory in the end would crush him, but it had to be done.

Anyway, she had gotten all she could from the Second Floor. It was time to leave before the three-day lockdown on the First Floor was over. It was unlikely that she would end up in the same group as him if she stayed. But even an almost impossibility was still possible, and she couldn't chance it.

She was anxious about meeting him on the Third Floor.

How would her lovely Black Reaper try to woo her this time around?

 

We finally meet Sophie. And by seeing the world from her eyes, no less!

Next chapter (a proper one) tomorrow (Tuesday).

4