Chapter 2: The who, why and the where
188 6 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-Siren Phosmer (Girl in the wall) POV-

I am Siren Phosmer, the last researcher allowed to access this research facility and any of it's data archives that remain. The other researchers all got axed from the project because of conspiring with other countries and leaking information. The research consists of bringing a spiritual being into this world from another so we can use it as we see fit. 'Of course slavery of said spirit is forbidden and attempts of such were shut down before they could fully take form.' I have successfully finished the phase of summoning the spiritual being for the 567th time, and as all of the ones before it this one was a mass of gas not fully grasping what it was. However this one was different in that it showed intelligence. It hovered around the room for a while and upon realizing it's state started testing their limits of movement. It must have strained it's mind because, as it was testing it's limits it quickly formed back to it's original form.

I inform the spiritual being about the tests, and release the alchemical beast that I made by merging a Wind Eagle that is known for it's speed and strong wind magic, and a Nemean Lion that is known for it's fur that is impenetrable except for some extremely rare and strong weapons that can only be found in the deepest depths of strong dungeons. It's strange to me why the lion started to have black fur instead of gold but I chalked it up to it being tainted with malevolence because of the merger with the Wind Eagle that is a malevolent beast while the Nemean Lion is a beast of holy nature.

I have to get the spiritual being to contract with the alchemical beast so that it can establish an existence outside of just a gaseous specter with a will. The will of this spiritual being seems to be rather strong as it didn't hesitate to do as instructed after hearing what she needs to do to get a body. Hours passed and all looked like it was going well as neither did the spirit decompose into nothingness nor did the alchemical beast show any sign of defiance.

"name, Sylphy. A 31 year old woman who lived in an artificial world we created by simulating a big bang in a magically created spacial storage that took even the best of our magic users, that were 100 strong in number, one-hundred years to create. It's features are similar to a world called 'Earth' though it seems, although no magic manifested, many creatures exist that in other worlds should only exist off magic as a driving force. She lived a life healing people with technology that they built to cope for the lack of magic and frequently visiting sites, on something called the 'internet', that consisted of fictional stories of cute girls doing cute things together. Died instantly from falling into sinkhole and hitting her head on the ground and breaking her neck." as I read the paper that was summoned into my hands, likely sent from the administrator from said world, I chuckle to myself. "Kukuku~."

'Sylphy, huh? It seems I hit gold while summoning the soul from that artificial world.' I thought as I look at the gaseous form of my test subject start to form it's own body. It's not often that a soul can make a contract with an alchemical beast like she did. 'Oh? did she happen to find me attractive?' I deduce as I notice the form She is starting to take.

An attractive young woman of 124 much like myself is forming from the gas of the soul of Sylphy. Although I say that, if we were to compare to humans I guess we both would look like we just started puberty at around 11-13 years of age. 'well what matters is her power but to think that she would try to imitate my appearance is rather flattering I suppose' Her hair starts to form as white shoulder length hair but as opposed to my blue glow she glows a pure white with the signature pointed ears signifying she's spiritual in nature poking out. 'guess I'll have to run tests to see what race she matches most but seeing as she contracted THAT it's likely she's more demon-like than anything.' As I thought such her eyes became a visible sign that the contract went well as she has reddish-orange eyes that glowed faintly like a flame coming off embers, much like the beast. With jade white skin like mine it's all contained in a petite body.

"AAAHHH-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!" A scream echoed so loud I could hear it through the walls. It seems she wasn't able to form the contract without pain, but she has done exceptionally well to make the contract without falling apart. 'Oh well, let's run some tests shall we?' "Kukuku." I laugh as I walk out of the observation room to begin the show.

-Sylphy's POV-

"aauugh" I wake up to the sound of a cute voice escaping my lips. I slowly open my eyes to look around and see the girl in the wall hovering over my body. She looked so beautiful that I lost my train of thought for a moment.

"Oh? Finally awake, are we? well that's fine just finishing up the tests." She said with a face that shows neither surprise nor unease. She soon gets off me after probing my muscles here and ~there~. *pant**pant**pant* As I was panting from the stimulation she started jotting things down on a piece of paper again. "Well now that that's finished, how do you feel Sylphy?"

I open my eyes wide in surprise, but soon came to an understanding. 'She must be a goddess, or something similar.' "Like I just got over a hangover. It feels like the storm in my head has only just now cleared." I answer with hopes she may explain the pain I went through.

"Well, that's to be expected. You contracted an abomination of holy and corruption known as an alchemical beast. They are beast made from using alchemy to merge two beasts one of holy nature and one of a corrupted nature in order to create a new hopefully more powerful creature." she said as casually as talking of the weather. 'Did she just say alchemy? Does she refer to alchemy as in scientific alchemy that has discovered many ways to displace atoms and even electrons?' I thought to myself, as it was fairly reasonable. "well, that about sums it up. Do you have any questions to ask me?" She asked with a look like she was excited to hear what I'll ask.

"Well, where is this place and who are you?" I ask with confidence as I can't believe turning into mist is common everywhere.

"This place is my research lab, where I do research on spiritual beings like yourself for the Kingdom of Lillium. I'm Siren Phosmer, an elf scholar that moved here when I heard the great deal of research they will let me get my hands on, and I'll be your guide from here until you become accustom to the kingdom." She states with the tone of a team leader in my workplace. 'Wait, did she say kingdom?' I pondered as I'm positive kingdoms have been gone for the most part for a thousand years. "well now that you are in stable condition let's get you to the room prepared for you ... well after we get you into a set of clothes." She says and I turn my eyes to look and see that not only am I naked I'm also shorter and less 'plump' in certain places than I was before. 'Well, at least I'm not mist anymore.'

She pulls out of nowhere, a lolita style dress like hers except with tiger lillies embroidered with white as the main color and orange accents. She also pulled out some black stockings and white cone-heeled shoes. "I think these will suit you well... Hahaha." She says and then laughs at my confused face. 'They look nice, but would they really look good on me?' I thought as I put them on anyway.

"Ok, here have a look!" She says as she takes a full length mirror seemingly from the same place as the clothes. 'Is that me? I look like Siren with colors swapped.' I think as I look into the mirror. 'But, What is that on my head? an antenna?' It seem like hair but it moves around like it has a will of it's own outside of physics. 'sort of reminds me of Poochy back home.' as I thought of my dog, Poochy, the antenna started swaying back and forth like a it was showing my contemplation. 'no way, could I have become the alien equivalent of a dog?!' as I thought so I noticed it jumped and then fall limp as I get a bit depressed.

"Hahaha, you're quite interesting. Well any other questions before I show you to your room?" she said with a smile that shows she's making fun of me without holding back what-so-ever.

"well what am I, and what is this thing on my head?" I ask as it couldn't hurt to know and she did say I could ask something.

"well based on the test results it seems you're an exceptionally rare species known as high elf. It's a species said to be the elves ancestors that are the closest species to spirits aside from demons. In all honesty I thought because of the contract you made with the alchemical beast, you would have become a demon or something similar. As for the ears, they are a symbol that you are a spiritual being."

"Nonono. What I mean is this." I say as I point at the antenna. I mean it's not something I can ignore now that I've seen it.

"Oh that, it's not really something we could put our finger on. It's biologically hair but it doesn't seem to behave like normal hair at all. So we've come to the conclusion that it's likely that because you were a gaseous being before, it's probably left over matter that collected and formed so as to not lose any part of yourself. As to why it's showing emotions like a dog's tail, who knows?"...well I guess genius loli's have their limits too.

"...Ok then,I guess this will be the last question for now. Why do I look like you color swapped?" I asked in exasperation. This is very confusing why do I look like someone got lazy at a character editor and decided to copy someone else's character?

"Oh,I thought you knew. You chose your body yourself after all. I have to say i'm very flattered by the way" No, no way. Does that mean I wanted her? This is too weird. I know I never really felt anything for the men in my work place no matter how handsome they were, but I never thought I would be attracted to the same sex let alone someone so young.

"I'm going to jail..." I say while I huddle myself to the floor where I stood drawing circles on the ground with my finger.

"what was that? why are you so depressed?!" She asked with pure befuddlement to my state of mind. "Oh well, let's show you your room."

As she said that she started leaving. "what are you doing? come on!" As she said such I languidly followed her.

I tried to sort of ground my story, as after the last chapter It took a bit to figure out where to head afterwards. I hope you like where it's headed currently, and don't worry adventure is the main of this story just going to take a little.

6