Chapter 30 – Blocked! But at what cost?!
2.1k 4 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The elixir knights cornered Moss. Helpless to their resistances, Moss could only attack physically. He looked over to his two subordinates for help, but they seemed to be busy fighting with other enemy knights. Moss could only depend on himself.

 

Think, Moss, think! What can I do? How can I turn this around? The virus agent knocked his mind mentally as he tried to come up with a solution out of this mess.

 

Suddenly, his mind vibrated as another link connected. It was the unnamed undead virus. More reinforcements have come! The unnamed rushed into the battlefield, leading over thirty thousand brethren. The undead virus clashed with the elixir, bringing about a change in the direction of the battle.

 

The unnamed led its agents to unleash blasts upon blasts of <<Fire Ring>>. Such change from extreme coldness to extreme heat caused unexpected damage to the elixir knights. The enemies, who had just focused their all to adapt to the decrease in temperature, suddenly had to deal with a fast increase in temperature. This was something they could not adapt fast enough and, as a result, many dried up.

 

It seemed that this undead virus had leveled up once more. Moss thought as he checked out the virus’s stats.

Announcement

Name: N/A

Title: Corpse Weed Scarlet Virus (CWSV)

Host: Tomato Pronged Ring Virus

Rank: Species

Level: 5

Infection Progress (IP): 79866/90000

STATS:

  • Infectivity – 10
  • Severity – 7
  • Lethality – 3
  • Durability – 7
  • Mana – 6

SKILLS:

  • Fire Ring (Active) – gathers fire mana around the horn and casts a ring of fire at the enemy.
  • Molten Charge (Active) – a near suicide attack; the virus agent raises its temperature to 500 degrees Celsius and charges at its enemies, dealing fiery heat damage; the virus agent loses all capability to fight afterwards and enters a sluggish state for one day.
  • Viral Instability (Active) – causes a virus to become unstable enough for mutations to occur.
  • Zombification (Active) – virus agent can infect virus agents and turn them into zombie viruses; success depends on the virus agent’s and target virus agent’s rank.
  • Undead Loyalty (Passive) – undying loyalty to Moss.

SYMPTOMS:

  • Stench – releases a deathly stench
  • Texture Change – changes texture of infected to a withered look
  • Color Change – changes color of infected to a dark red

RESISTANCES:

  • Cold Resistance – 1.7%
  • Heat Resistance – 2.4%

Adding on to the fire damage, Moss led his agents to activate <<Heat Wave>>. The undulating waves of heat crashed against each other, developing a nauseating symptom within the elixir knights. The elixir knights felt their innards boil and dry up. It deprived them of their strength, and they could only defend from the viruses’ attacks.

 

But, like always, just as Moss thought that he had everything in the bag, he tripped over something and hurt himself. Just as he was about to turn the tables on the enemies and wipe them out, the elixir knights pushed back with returning power. Their ability to adapt was no joke.

 

What other skills could work against this seemingly invincible group of elixir knights? Moss contemplated about using <<Devour>> but he feared negatively affecting his allies, which would prove unfavorable to him in this battle.

 

Six more knights surrounded Moss, causing him to back away. Without fists or legs, he couldn’t defend himself as skillfully as he could as a human. It was like fighting like a slime – bouncing about and occasionally dealing some magical damage.

 

Moss reached up and parried a ranseur when another pierced through his membrane. The virus agent hissed with discomfort and backed away. The wound was deep. Coupled with the numerous scratches he received while barely avoiding the knights’ attacks, Moss was losing a lot of DNA.

 

[Watch out!] A voice called out.

 

Moss turned around just in time to sense another ranseur thrust towards him from the right. The virus agent jerked back and dodged only to be pierced through by another ranseur coming from his left. Moss spurted out DNA from the deep wound that lightly scratched his nucleus. Moss spazzed with shock as he felt his life fading away.

 

Moss looked towards Tully and Norm desperately. He reached out with a mental hand, calling for help. But the two subordinates hesitated. Suddenly, a roar echoed in his mind. A fiery red streak crashed into the five knights in front of him, completely dissipating them. It was the unnamed virus agent! The undead virus agent had just used <<Molten Charge>>, dealing large amounts of fire damage.

 

Drained, the virus agent collapsed within Moss’s grasps. [We’re glad you’re safe, Your Viralness.]

 

[Thank you for saving me.] Moss supported the weak virus agent with care. [I – !]

 

[Careful!] The unnamed virus agent saw the last of the six knights charge from behind Moss.

 

With whatever energy it had left, the virus agent pushed Moss out of the way and took the attack head on. The ranseur pierced through its membrane and ruptured its nucleus. The unnamed virus agent died on the spot.

50