Chapter 32 – Stein and Herb
2.1k 8 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Moss looked at the massive graveyard of a battlefield. No one survived. Only he was left. Moss circled back to the unnamed virus agent’s body and picked it up. He brought it over to where the bodies of Tully and Norm crushed and dried.

 

[Don’t worry, my loyal subordinate. I won’t do you wrong.] Moss muttered as he dumped some more materials with the three corpses.

 

Moss owed his life to the unnamed virus. It was only right for him to name it and give it life. He felt that he could really resurrect this loyal subordinate with the help of his newly acquired divine skill <<Creation of Life>>. According to the skill, Moss needed materials to make the vessel before transferring life into the vessel.

 

Moss looked at the three bodies and hoped that this would be enough to remake the body. If not, there were many other corpses available. The virus agent calmed himself down as he focused on the tiny amount of DNA that he did not absorb during the fiasco earlier. The DNA was what was left of the unnamed virus.

 

Moss decided to make a humanoid shape. Taking Tully’s body, he tore it into four strips to form the limbs. Norm’s body would be used to make the body while the unnamed virus’s body was used to make the head. Moss took the other materials to fill in the gaps and modify the conglomeration.

 

After a minute of organizing and reorganizing, Moss injected the unnamed virus’s DNA into the head while also injecting some of his DNA into the other parts. Moss looked at the abomination and focused his energy.

 

[Creation of Life!]

 

Moss roared as a spurt of power flowed from him to the monstrosity. The Frankenstein monster twitched and squirmed at the inflow of power. Limbs slithered towards the body while a neck formed to connect the head and the body. In a matter of seconds, what used to be body parts and miscellaneous materials soon became a whole body.

 

DING!

 

NEW LIFE CREATED

 

INCREASING INTELLIGENCE

 

CONDITIONS MET

 

PLEASE NAME VIRUS AGENT

 

Moss thought long and hard before finalizing his decision. [Stein. From now on, your name will be Stein.]

 

DING!

 

NAME REGISTERED

 

SKILL <<VIRAL INSTABILITY>> ACQUIRED

 

SKILL <<DNA ASSIMILATION>> ACQUIRED

 

SKILL <<UNDYING LOYALTY>> ACQUIRED

 

SKILL <<MINDLESS STEAM>> ACQUIRED

 

SKILL <<CHILLY AURA>> ACQUIRED

 

SKILL <<FRICTIONLESS>> ACQUIRED

 

SKILL <<MOLTEN CHARGE>> ACQUIRED

 

SKILL <<POUNCING SLAM>> ACQUIRED

Announcement

Name: Stein

Title: Scarlet Frost Abominable Virus (SFAV)

Host: ???

Rank: Species

Level: 4

Infection Progress (IP): 0/70000

STATS:

  • Infectivity – 12
  • Severity – 9
  • Lethality – 8
  • Durability – 13
  • Mana – 4

SKILLS:

  1. Mindless Steam (Active) – forms numbing steam from combination of fire and ice to numb and confuse senses of enemies.
  2. Chilly Aura (Active) – unleashes a wave of coldness that slows down targets within the area.
  3. Frictionless (Active) – Stein can increase his speed exponentially, allowing him to move and attack faster.
  4. Molten Charge (Active) – a near suicide attack; the virus agent raises its temperature to 500 degrees Celsius and charges at its enemies, dealing fiery heat damage; the virus agent loses all capability to fight afterwards and enters a sluggish state for one day.
  5. Pouncing Slam (Active) – Stein leaps up and lands, dealing area damage.
  6. Viral Instability (Active) – causes a virus to become unstable enough for mutations to occur.
  7. DNA Assimilation (Passive) - for every new virus Stein infects, he gains a boost from it.
  8. Undying Loyalty (Passive) – undying loyalty to Moss.

SYMPTOMS:

  • Color Change – changes color of infected purplish red
  • Chilliness – a slight chill persisting on the infected, causing slowness and cold to the touch

RESISTANCES:

  • Cold Resistance – 3.3%
  • Heat Resistance – 2%

Stein’s senses started and his mind connected with Moss. [M-Master? Where are we? D-Didn’t I…I…?]

 

[You did…but now, you’re alive. This is still the battlefield. I’ve brought you back, Stein.] Moss consoled the virus agent.

 

[S-Stein? Is that m-my name?] Stein asked in surprise.

 

[Yes. You deserved it.] Moss confirmed.

 

[Thank you, Your Viralness!] Stein tried to kneel, but he stumbled.

 

Moss reached over and held Stein up. [Take it easy. You need time to adjust to this new body. Go over there and readjust yourself. I have some things to take care of.]

 

[Okay.] Stein saluted before walking to a side to practice moving about.

 

After Stein left, Moss meditatively focused on himself. He recalled hearing a system message that seemed to be out of place. It was during Stein’s naming. Increasing intelligence? Conditions met? What conditions were met? And what do I do?

 

DING!

 

CONDITIONS MET

 

DIVISION AVAILABLE

 

Division! Moss lighted up upon hearing that he could finally try out the <<Division>> skill. Because he did not know what this <<Division>> skill could do, Moss backed up to a clearing in order to give himself some space before choosing the skill.

 

[Division!] Moss tentatively called out and immediately felt his mind began to split.

 

From some unknown forces, one portion of his DNA was pulled to his right side while the other portion was pulled to his left side. The feeling was unpleasant but familiar. He felt that he was literally being pulled into two. This reminded him of the way he died. He remembered why he died, and his anger became limitless.

 

Anchoring onto his emotions, Moss’s mind did not go crazy as he suffered through the ordeal. With a final tug, two forms of Moss with varying colors, structure, and size was formed. The bigger form that looked more like his original form was where Moss’s mental state resided. Whereas, the smaller form had a plant-like appearance with a withered membrane. It turned towards Moss with adoration.

 

[F-Father!] The new virus probed Moss’s divided body.

 

Moss looked at the new virus in surprise. Apparently, after division, the new virus had become his child and he had become its parent. The new virus seemed to look differently from his original look. Was that the case for every division? At least the new virus referred to him as ‘Father’ instead of ‘Mother’, so it should have some form of intelligence to distinguish the two genders.

 

Moss checked his status to see if there were any changes. He was surprised to see that his title had changed. He wasn’t an Yggdrasil Moss Devouring Virus anymore. He had become an entirely different virus with different symptoms. And his <<Pollinate>> skill had been deleted as well.

Announcement

Name: Moss

Title: Feral Moss Devouring Virus (FMDV)

Host: ???

Rank: Species

Level: 5

Infection Progress (IP): 70089/90000

STATS:

  • Infectivity – 13
  • Severity – 16
  • Lethality – 10
  • Durability – 10
  • Mana – 6
  • Divine – 1

SKILLS:

  • True Cellular Instability (Active) – causes any cell to become unstable enough for mutations to occur.
  • DNA Extraction (Active) – extracts DNA from others and absorbs them into Moss’s system.
  • Viral Injection I (Active) – Moss is now capable of injecting DNA into viruses of the same rank.
  • Raise Undead (Active) – Moss can raise dead virus agents into zombie viruses; success depends on Moss’s and dead virus agent’s rank.
  • Heat Wave (Active) – expels a wave of heat that increases the temperature around Moss.
  • Devour (Active) – consumes and absorbs all DNA in the vicinity.
  • Division (Active) – under certain conditions, Moss can split from a part of himself and become two different viruses.
  • Body Modification (Active) – Moss can change his body structure to fit his needs.
  • Creation of Life (Divine) – Moss can create new viruses, given the right amount of materials.
  • Poisonous Aura (Passive) – Moss’s attacks now deal poisonous damage.
  • Mental Link (Passive) – connects with anything that Moss infects.

SYMPTOMS:

  • Color Change – changes color of infected greenish black
  • Texture Change – changes texture of infected to mossy-like
  • Itchy - infected display occasional itching

RESISTANCES:

  • Cold Resistance – 3%
  • Heat Resistance – 4.5%
  • Poison Resistance – 1%

DING!

 

DIVISION COMPLETE

 

PLEASE NAME VIRUS AGENT

 

After checking out his status, Moss took a look at his child’s status. Surprisingly, his child had inherited a few things from him and continued to stay as a plant virus. Moss racked his intelligence for a bit before deciding on a name that fit his child’s appearance and status. [Son, your name will be Herb.]

Announcement

Name: Herb

Title: Yggdrasil Toxic Virus (YTV)

Host: ???

Rank: Species

Level: 1

Infection Progress (IP): 0/10000

STATS:

  • Infectivity – 5
  • Severity – 3
  • Lethality – 7
  • Durability – 3
  • Mana – 1

SKILLS:

  • Cellular Instability (Active) – causes any plant cell to become unstable enough for mutations to occur.
  • DNA Extraction (Active) – extracts DNA from others and absorbs them into Herb’s system.
  • Viral Injection I (Active) – Herb is now capable of injecting DNA into viruses of the same rank.
  • Raise Undead (Active) – Herb can raise dead virus agents into zombie viruses; success depends on Herb’s and dead virus agent’s rank.
  • Toxic Wave (Active) – expels a wave of toxins around Herb that damages enemies over time.
  • Division (Active) – under certain conditions, Herb can split from a part of himself and become two different viruses.
  • Poisonous Aura (Passive) – Herb’s attacks now deal poisonous damage.
  • Mental Link (Passive) – connects with anything that Herb infects.
  • Family Link (Passive) – connects with Moss.
  • Filiality (Passive) – loyalty to Moss.

SYMPTOMS:

  • Color Change – changes color of infected greenish black
  • Texture Change – changes texture of infected to mossy-like
  • Itchy - infected display occasional itching

RESISTANCES:

  • Cold Resistance – 1%
  • Heat Resistance – 1%
  • Poison Resistance – 2.8%
46