Chapter 21 Sorry for barging in
619 1 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Their thoughts will be in italics from now on.

The room was silent, White calmed down, Machina was patting Illya.

White turned around and glanced at Illya. It was visible that she was shocked… she is a little girl after all.

Illya came back from her shock and calmed down, she never expected this to happen, first her mother though she did not die, but her grandfather died… Hmm, for some reason shock is the only emotion I could feel, I don’t particularly feel sad; I am feeling nothing but curiosity a depressing curiosity over his death. I don’t have a sense of loss; he was not bad to me, but that doesn’t change the fact that he was never there for mom and me; I guess that is why.

White noticed the emotional fluctuations calm down in Illya, it was just a big spike then it went into a straight line; it surprised her… that was a quick recovery, abnormally quick. She is just a 14-year-old, is it because… no that is not possible? Right?

White calmed herself down and slowly eased her pressure in the surroundings, what was good was she didn’t use too much or I would have knocked out the kids… Sigh, it's not like I was angry, I was shocked, the one I wanted to meet died, ahhhhhh, this is frustrating, why did he die! What will Serena say? This bastard increased my worries by dying!

“Please forgive me,” she turned around and apologized, “I came to visit the marques today, I am White Illya’s godmother,” she introduced herself.

They could now look up at her and were mesmerized by her beauty.

White could see few kids hiding behind their parents “It seems I scared them, please lead them to another room.” she glanced at Machina “Machina, give them some chocolates and other stuff.”

[Yes, Lady White.] Machina bowed slightly.

The others didn’t go against her words, it would be correct to say they couldn’t go against her words. The mothers of the said kids took them out and Machina followed them.

In the room the people left behind were White, Illya, Two Men who should be in their 20s and Woman who appeared to be in her 40s. Oh, and lets not forget a dead body on the bed.

“Please take a seat, no need to be afraid, I was just shocked to find out he died.” White motioned Illya to come to her, “You should recognise Illya right.”

Looking at Illya the other three calmed down slightly and took a seat as told.

“I am Illya’s godmother” White re-introduced herself.

The first to speak was the woman “Ah, yes.. I am Eilir Yacuruna”.

White was continually sensing other’s emotional fluctuations… interesting. Even though her voice is showing a lot of fluctuations, her emotions are calm. She calmed down quickly than others too.

“I am Dillan Yacuruna” The man on Eilir’s right spoke.

And lastly the other one “I am Dewy Yacuruna, the youngest son.”

“Thank you for your introductions, I apologize for suddenly barging in, You all are mourning for the late Marques, it was unethical of me to trouble you like this,” White slowly spoke.

Eilir was slowly wiping her eyes “Please don’t apologize, it seems lady wanted to meet him, your shock is understandable.”

“Yes, as you all know, Serena is my friend, and she passed away recently, No one from Yacuruna family came to visit, I found it very unsettling, how could a father not visit his own daughter’s funeral,” She paused and glanced towards the corpse “It seems he had his own share of problems.”

The first son Dillan spoke, his head down “We can understand your worry, we were shocked when we found out but we couldn’t leave as father fell unconscious because of that news, his health started deteriorating rapidly, he passed away last night,” He paused and looked up “and lady said it was poison? If only we had known earlier, we all thought it was a disease or a past ailment acting up. The doctors couldn’t find a trace of poison.”

“only a Magus could detect that poison. It is understandable, I am sorry for your loss.” White sighed.

“But who could find such a powerful poison, it tormented grandpa till his last breath,” Illya spoke up.

“That is very shocking, it must be very hard for Illya, you just lost your mother and now news of grandfather dying.” Dewy said, he couldn’t see Illya’s expression as her head was down and her eyes, covered by her bangs, but he felt she was sad “It is still difficult, to believe that father left us!” He started sobbing, the other two followed him and sobbed.

“I wanted to meet him to know why he didn’t come but now I know why,” White stood up and patted Illya’s head “I will not impose on you anymore.”

She raised her right palm, and Ice formed on it. Frozen fractals gathered and formed into a beautiful flower.

She extended the flower to the eldest son, “use mana to protect your palms while holding it.”

Dillan did as she said and extended his palms holding the cold flower, “This is ?”

“‘Yacuruna’ or in other words ‘people of water’, this is a gift for your father, it is a flower made of eternal Ice, as long as there is mana in this world it will be present for others to see, Place it on his grave.” Yes, it was a gift from White… As a thank you for bringing my friend into this world.

“Thank you very much!!!” The three bowed to White as she walked out.

What they failed to notice was some object left White’s sleeve and vanished into the room.

A few moments later.

Illya was riding White back home.

[So my lady, any thoughts?] Machina asked.

“There are many possibilities, what do you think Illya?” White asked.

“Me? Uh, let's see, wasn’t it the Marchioness?” Illya asked.

“Oh, why do you think so?” Illya’s answer surprised White.

“I felt like her emotions were perfectly under control and all that crying seemed like an act to me.” Illya replied honestly.

“…” White.

[…] Machina.

It surprised them both, it should be noted that White also felt the same.

[Lady Hokage, can she also?] Machina asked telepathically.

“It seems she can too.” White replied.

“Why are you two staring at each other like that,” Illya asked.

“Nothing, its just that we agree too.” White said.

[Yes, an excellent way for her son to become a Marquess.] Machina said [But there is one problem.]

“What problem?” Illya did not understand. She felt that the answer was obvious.

“The Satyr family, they won’t leave this opportunity.” White sighed, “Lets leave it be for now. We should worry about that poison. It is like the one Serena was given.”

28