Chapter 26 Problem
576 11 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Why do you have no roommates? Was there some kind of problem?” White didn’t understand.

“Well, the first time when I came here, they gave me a single room, there was no one available to share with me. It was a coincidence,” Illya replied.

“Then what about later?” White inquired.

“at the end of the year, as you know, the rumours started spreading, many started avoiding me and..” White stopped her.

“Nah, not plausible, they could have got you a good roommate if you asked a new student, many elves are friendly too, stop the excuses and tell me the real reason,” White spoke.

Illya scratched her head, “Well, I just wanted the entire room to myself. It felt more comfortable that way, so I applied to use that single room indefinitely till my graduation. It was a matter of preference.” Illya said.

“Well that settles it, you can have your own room here, coming?” White asked.

“I still need to learn ‘English’ and ‘Japanese’ you haven’t completely taught them yet, and I don’t think I will be able to eat dorm food after eating Machina’s and your cooking.” White said “I am not saying its bad but the food you two make is too good.” she praised.

“good.” White chuckled.

[I am back, lady hokage] Machina came in.

“Welcome back” both Illya and White.

“Well, god-ma, can I go out for a bit?” Illya asked.

“Oh sure, why?” White asked.

“Well, I want to go see if my friend turned up,” Illya said.

“Oh ok, why don’t you bring them back for dinner.” White suggested, “What do you say Machina.”

[It's no problem.] Machina replied.

“Ok then, I will see you later god-ma!” Illya stood up and walked towards the door “but before I leave I have one last thing to ask, you being able to teach sorcerers means you are way stronger than sorcerers, how powerful are you god-ma?”

“You know that I can’t answer all your questions, not yet at least, but just know one thing, no one can beat me,” White smirked.

“Ok” saying so, Illya left.

“When will you tell her lady White, I don’t know if I can tell her that stuff, I will let Serena handle the talking. That would be for the best.” White replied.

“What is that ‘I am pondering about something’ face you are having?” White glanced at Machina.

[Most elves treat you as a friend as you helped them get three new sorcerers and very few know that you are more powerful than a sorcerer, and those who know treat you like a god. Why is that? There should be another stage after the sorcerer right, even if it is not achieved in many centuries. Why do they have to be so excited and strung up about it?] Machina asked.

“let me correct you there, its not just ages, its many millennia, and they treat me like god because they know they can’t break the barrier beyond the sorcerer stage,” White replied.

[Why can’t they? Isn’t it just about the effort?] Machina asked.

“Let me be more dramatic about this,” White paused “Don’t you think there is something amiss here? In many millennia many sorcerers came but none of them ever cracked their shells to become a sorcerer supreme, in such a long time after trying again and again, they should give up, but they never gave up, why?” she paused again “because all know that stage exists, but none have ever reached it.”

[yes, because they are aware of that stage they always try to reach it, the pinnacle of this world..] Machina said.

“There are a few mistakes in your statement but, let me ask you a question first, How are they aware of that stage exists?” White asked.

[Books, there are many elvish books about the last sorcerer supreme and the greatest ruler of Elevenheim. She was the most revered in the entire world; they have preserved her research documents and her journals, portraits and many more, confirming her existence. She also mentioned about there being many other sorcerer supreme.] Machina replied.

“Correct, there should be traces of sorcerer supremes in other kingdoms but Elvenheim’s was more prominent as they could preserve the proof of her existence, other’s traces were destroyed in war or some other reason, but traces are still present.” White explained, “When one knows there is the next stage, most would try to go to it, but here’s the dilemma, no one could.”

[Are you saying sorcerer is the last stage and the traces are just false information] Machina asked confused.

“No, sorcerer supremes existed and not just them,” White paused for the dramatic effect “there is a stage higher than sorcerer supreme.”

[What?] it astonished Machina. In all the history books she read and researched, there was no trace of information presenting such a stage.

“yes, it should be the level of Demigod, lets just call it like that for now, this world has the capability to give birth to such a powerhouse, but no one even knows this stage exists,” White said.

[Then why won’t there be any information about it?] Machina asked [could it be?]

“Yes, all of its traces have been removed,” White said.

[but that makes little sense, if this world ‘Vierra’ has such a capability then why doesn’t anyone advance higher than a sorcerer, someone should naturally break the shell? It's like something is limiting the people. Not allowing them to proceed.] Machina pondered.

“Let's leave that for now, why don’t you set up the house, and mainly the kitchen,” White said “Oh and can I have some snacks now? It is after lunch.” she appealed.

[…] Machina was left on a cliff hanger [Sure] she said leaving towards the kitchen.

And like that White started preparing her laptop and was just about to hit the play button, but the main door was knocked.

“Machina go see who came,” she grumbled.

Machina left to get the door and a minute later.

“God-ma my friends came to visit.” Illya’s voice came.

“So early? Its still afternoon, I said Invite them for dinner, not snacks! My anime time,” she reluctantly closed her laptop.

She went down and saw 4 girls behind Illya, she forcefully smiled and welcomed “Ah, I thought you all would come for dinner, well anyway, welcome” she spoke.

“When they found out I was moving here, they wanted to come to see and were very excited to meet you.” Illya spoke “And I wanted to drop off these books here, I brought them from my room, I can’t walk around carrying them.” saying so, she placed the bag in her hands on the couch.

“Oh, is that so,” White spoke cheerfully contrary to her thoughts… just when I was allowed to have snacks.

[Please sit down, I will bring some cookies.] Machina left them.

“…” White … don’t leave I don’t know how to deal with other kids

21