Legacy World 1.6
585 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The results were as she predicted. It was similar to the herbs that were stir fried. The part that really pleased her was the potency of the rejuvenating effect. Eating the herbs and drinking the soup felt so nourishing that her body felt cleansed and energy beyond replenished. This would be very good to eat to help speed up one's cultivation. She concluded. 

This would be valuable for martial artists of high level Sky realm and beyond. A talented person who could progress beyond Sky realm would take at least 2 years to do so. Then 3 years to advance to mid level. Then 4 years to advance to high level. That was why the lead couple were considered geniuses beyond talents. Not to mention the monster second male lead who was stronger than the other two. 

Xinyi knew that she was a typical average person, however, there was no harm trying to keep up her cultivation. It would perfect her control over the flow and use of her spiritual power in the process anyway. 

Since it has such wonderful effects for the internal body, I wonder if it applies to open wounds... Xinyi began devising her next experiment. BaoBao was more prepared thanks to his prior experience with Xinyi so he quickly disconnected his mind from hers. Her results may be mediocre but her mind worked wonders. BaoBao stood by the side and quietly admired her.

Xinyi was so used to the idea that she was just an average joe, while the naive BaoBao got swept along in her pace, that none of them has realised this was the first time Xinyi has produced an amazing product that was far beyond average. It was only far later that someone would point it out to her. 

 

In the following month, Xinyi's routine was the same as usual as she replaced an old experiment. with a new one. She was growing 6 plants again in the same manner as before, except that the herb this time would be for making salves. She also uprooted some bushes near the well and stove to create a herb garden for the herbs that could be eaten. 

However, her routine would be disrupted on every alternate day thanks to Zi Yao's visit. Zi Yao has started her antics again of making small talk with Xinyi, this time not bothering with teaching her anything. She simply kept her up to date about everything that happened outside of the estate's walls.

 Among ththe gossip and political news, Zi Yao skillfully and subtly promoted Zhang Yong's worth by talking about his family, his growth, and his achievements. She had also talked of other princes and well-known people, including Wang Wei, and praised them to the high heavens, however she only made Zhang Yong sound available and within reach. Xinyi played along and gave the right reactions that she knew Zi Yao was looking for. Finally, it was close to the end of the month when it was Xinyi's turn to get what she wanted. 

"Isn't Zhang Yong an amazing person?" Zi Yao said dreamily.

"Yes, he'd make more than a fine husband. Possibly even perfect." 

"A pity that Hui Shan jie has him wrapped around her little finger..." 

"What do you mean? Does he like her?" 

"No, but she manipulates him and monopolises all his time." 

"Doesn't she already have Wang Wei?" 

"Yes, but... that's just how she is... Hateful, isn't she?" Zi Yao smiled wryly.

"I think anybody would dislike that."

"Oh! But you stand a chance against her!" 

"How can I? There's nothing I can do."

"Didn't Zhang Yong show preferential treatment for you just a while ago? Did you know that when he stopped seeing you, he stopped coming by our estate entirely? I'm pretty sure he's interested in you!" Zi Yao faked her enthusiasm and gripped onto Xinyi's arms like an excited little girl.

"That's not possible..." 

"Why is not possible? My jie jie is great ah!" 

"Do you really think it's possible for me?" 

Zi Yao nodded her head fervently. 

After a second, Xinyi sighed again. "I don't feel deserving of Zhang Yong's love..."

"You're worthy! But if you really feel being his wife is beyond your station, then you're more than qualified to be one of his concubines! Don't you think it would be lovely to be a part of his household?"

"I think there'll be many who wants to be part of his harem, sounds like a lot of people to compete with for his attention." 

"He's already showing you favourtism, so you have an advantage above others. I believe in my jie jie's charms." Zi Yao felt like Xinyi was beginning to show some promise in going against Hui Shan. 

Xinyi spent some time thinking again. "Do you really think it's possible for me? As his concubine?" Xinyi asked in a soft voice.

"You definitely qualify as his wife! More than Hui Shan ever will be!" Zi Yao saw how her comment made Xinyi's eyes light up. 

"Hui Shan really is interfering with my future then..." Xinyi frowned and went deep into thought. 

Zi Yao was jumping with glee in her heart. She finally successfully instigated a conflict between Xinyi and Hui Shan. I finally gained a new pawn.

 

Xinyi? What are you up to? You can't possibly mean everything you've been saying to Zi Yao this past month? BaoBao asked her while Xinyi pretended to be deep in thought.

Do I seem that easy to you? After a while, she decided to let BaoBao in on her plan. BaoBao, don't you think it would be really satisfying to see her reaction when I let her down after raising her hopes up high? Let's consider this payment for all my time and effort. 

BaoBao shivered. She can be really heartless. She has been planning for this since a month ago. 

 

Xinyi purposely revealed some expressions on her face that would hint at some form of scheming in her mind. "Maybe I could..."

After a long pause that kept Zi Yao in suspense, Xinyi finally sighed. "I don't think I will do anything after all."

Zi Yao's hope mood plunged down. Unable to take the shock and fury, she could not control her shriek. "What?!"

"There's just nothing I can do."

"There're many things you could do or hire someone to do! Poison, assassination, rape, humiliation... There has to be something feasible!" Zi Yao went completely unfiltered and forgot to maintain her image. 

Xinyi looked pleasantly surprised. "Meimei sure has many ideas! Seeing that you treat me so well, meimei wouldn't mind helping jiejie then?" 

Zi Yao face turned red. "You're supposed to do it for me! Not the other way round!" She still had the pride of being the main wife's daughter, how could she be the arms and legs of a mere concubine's daughter? 

Xinyi had a look of genuine shock. Her eyes then became downcast and that mentally shook Zi Yao back to her senses. She was mortified when she thought back to how she acted. I blew it.

Zi Yao tried to act amiable again. "I'm sorry, I was too excited about jiejie potentially getting someone great, someone she deserves. I just believe that jiejie should fight for it yourself."

"No, no. I was the one who said something wrong. Let me make it up to you. Here, have a cup of tea." However, Xinyi jumped when Zi Yao's fingers brushed against hers to take the cup, this caused her to drop the cup onto Zi Yao. The tea was hot so it scalded Zi Yao. Zi Yao screamed in pain while Xinyi became even more flustered. In the midst of getting up to get cold water and a cloth, she stepped onto Zi Yao's foot. Zi Yao was in pain in different areas now. 

When she saw Xinyi returning with a bowl of cold water, a bad feeling rose inside her. "Just stay away!" Her sudden shriek unfortunately scared Xinyi who was rushing and she stumbled in her steps, spilling everything all over Zi Yao. 

Zi Yao screamed in frustration and agony. "You're right! You're absolutely useless! Messing up when you're just a little flustered, you'd be a burden as a partner in crime!" Zi Yao then stormed off. 

BaoBao appeared by her side, lying on the floor, kicking his legs in the air, and laughing crazily. He has been laughing the whole time and now his sides hurt. You can become a comedian! BaoBao wiped the tears from his eyes. Xinyi only smirked and went off to continue her day. 

It was around the time she would be making her way to her favourite haunt to study. So she rushed to catch up on lost time. 

 

Although the library was big, the texts available were mostly official and literary texts thanks to her father being a court official and her brother being a scholar. It's been slightly more than a year since the time she transmigrated here. In this time, she did not  have many books on poisons and herbs left. There were also not many texts on martial arts because such things were usually passed on from parent to child and master to disciple. If this kept up, she had to either begin experimenting with even more things or find her way out of the estate and around town to get resources for herself.

Xinyi looked up from the book she was reading. Come to think of it, the original soul left the estate only a few times in the 13 years she lived before I took over her body. What dedication she showed in learning to be a quiet obedient proper lady, only to meet such  an end. 

Xinyi, do you want to go around town?

Maybe. You never know when I might need to leave this place. Do you have some map-like hack?

...Only... Sur- Surveillance... BaoBao said the last part in a very soft voice. Xinyi actually felt pitiful for him. 

I'll have to rely heavily on your skills that time then. We would have to spot anything as soon as possible to avoid trouble. Xinyi truly did not mind. Without BaoBao,'s surveillance she would have to act with a lot more hesitation. Getting any more help beyond this would begin to make her feel like a hacker in a game.

BaoBao felt a warm fuzzy sensation. He wondered if it was normal to feel these weird sensations but soon put it at the back of his mind. Just wait till more functions are unlocked. We will get the administrators to recognise our worth! BaoBao secretly thought to himself.

When the sun has set and there was no more light for her to read, she stood up to return to her courtyard. However, BaoBao who had appeared beside her sometime while she was reading, continued stay seated. He seemed a little down. 

"BaoBao?"

"...It's night already." BaoBao said ambiguously.

"I can see that. That's why I'm returning back."

"It's the last day of this month." BaoBao  continued saying ambiguously.

Xinyi rose one eyebrow. She finally knew what he was on about.

"Is he really not coming back anymore?" BaoBao has grown quite fond of Zhang Yong. He felt happy that someone sincere with no ill intentions was interacting with Xinyi. Their lives really were a bit mundane. Half the time, he would hang around in the corridors that he could reach outside of her courtyard. Observing people and listening to gossips to pass time while Xinyi does her things. He really applauded her discipline.

Xinyi patted his head. "Let's go back." She said gently. 

 

When she was in the vicinity of her courtyard, BaoBao screamed out loud in her mind causing her to jump in shock. He's here, he's here, he's here!!! 

Xinyi frowned a little. There's only one person that can get BaoBao this excited. At this time? Looks like the hurdle has not been crossed.

She walked quietly into her courtyard, hiding her presence, and looked around. BaoBao realised he neglected to tell her his exact location in his excitement. Erm... He's in your room. You room!!! He repeated excitedly. 

Xinyi helplessly shook her head at his infatuated behaviour. The charm of a lead character is really amazing. BaoBao naturally heard her thought and calmed himself down.

He lightly coughed. Excuse me.

Xinyi continued to hide her presence, grabbed the axe she had found in the shed during the time she made her little garden, then made her way to the room's open window.

16