Legacy World 1.15
648 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xinyi slowly pushed herself off the ground with her sword and tolerated the pain shooting through her entire leg when she stood up. Her body was trembling and cold sweat all over her forehead but she remained standing with her back straight. The leader felt very turned on. He reached a hand out to stroke her face but she smacked it away. "I told you not to touch me."

He grinned then leaned in to whisper by her ear. "I just thought that I should let you know I'll have you tonight." He followed it up with a lick to her ear lobe. 

Feeling the wet sensation on her ear sent cold shivers down her spine and she threw a punch towards his stomach. The punch was easily blocked by his palm. He chuckled and walked off with her following behind him and his four men surrounding her. The final one was still knocked out cold and was about to be left behind.

Just a few steps later...

Now!! BaoBao shouted. Xinyi spun her sword around her in a graceful swing that carried no sound and silently decapitated the three men around her.

The leader sensed Zhang Yong's presence. "Sorry kitten, I have to carry you after all." He said while turning around only to find her in the midst of running away with 3 heads falling with a thud on the floor. He was filled with excitement but also annoyance at being tricked. "My kitten is just so disobedient and crafty."

His one leap caught up to her but she was expecting him to do so. She took a sharp turn to dodge his grab at the last minute. 

"Looks like I have to knock you out." He commented with pity.

She gave up on running and turned to face him. She went into full defense mode. She tried her best to predict his moves based on his personality and fighting style to avoid his attacks. He was thoroughly amazed at the speed she grows when placed in crisis. She had already dodged a number of blows. 

Unfortunately, Zhang Yong would reach any second, he no longer has the time to play with her. He got ticked off and did not hold back any longer. If he killed her by accident, that was just too bad. If she survived, he would heal her then make sure to have a lot of fun with her.

He unleashed his full killing intent to paralyze her, but having experienced it before, Xinyi did not get completely stunned. He took out his sword then he swung it a few times in succession. The first swing was a full horizontal arc that forced her to jump. The subsequent ones were of different angles and she realised that there was no way for her to escape unscathed. She raised her arms and legs to protect her torso. She felt her flesh get sliced open and her chest reeled from the spiritual power behind the attack.

Zhang Yong arrived to see a body crashing hard against a tree then falling onto the floor from a considerable height. The long hair laid in a mess around the motionless body. A woman? Fighting? Could it be?! He dashed towards her but the leader was closer to Xinyi. It took him one leap to reach her. 

Xinyi's eyes flew open just before he could touch her and she swung her sword to make him back off. It drew a little blood. She did not stop her attack as she swung again while screaming. The leader raised his sword to parry it and intended to take her with him at the same time however she unexpectedly broke through to Heaven realm.

A large surge of energy got drawn into her body and an explosion of spiritual energy flew outwards from her. This threw the leader off and made him stumble several steps back. By now, Zhang Yong reached the scene of the fight to aid her. He made use of the momentum that Xinyi gained against the leader and continued to keep him on the defensive.

A fierce fight ensued with leaves flying around, branches falling, and blood splattering. The leader soon realised that Zhang Yong was dominating the fight. He suffered some internal injuries and has open wounds on his arms and shoulder. Zhang Yong was similarly injured except that his wounds were more minor in severity. 

How can this be? We're both at high level Heaven realm! 

Zhang Yong's power was surging. Not only was the flow and control smooth thanks to Xinyi's spiritually nourished herbs, he was filled with killing intent and rage. He finally met Xinyi only to see her in such a bad state. He remembered the anxiety and fear he felt when he saw Hui Shan about to die due to a trap, but he realised that it could not be compared to the intensity of his feelings this time.

Suddenly, Zhang Yong threw his sword aside to punch him in the stomach. The leader flew back and broke a few trees that he crashed into. Blood poured out of his mouth and he felt weak. Zhang Yong was in front of him again before he could recover and raised his fist to knock him out. However, the sudden grin on the leader's face made him stop and frown.

"Goodbye." The leader said. 

Zhang Yong had his full focus and rage directed at the leader that he only just realised someone above him. He looked up to find a sword inches away from his face. He dodged backwards but it grazed his chest and was about to plunge into his stomach when the assailant got impaled in the heart by a flying sword. The flying sword broke his path downwards and pinned him to the tree that the leader crashed into. Zhang Yong was saved from a serious stomach wound. 

The two of them looked at the person who threw the sword. They saw a very pale Xinyi who has one knee on the ground and looking back at them. However, her eyes seemed to be losing focus. There were traces of blood on her lips and chin and she was panting. Zhang Yong knew she needed to receive immediate medical attention.

He punched the daylights out of the leader then rushed to Xinyi who has already passed out on the ground.

He ordered his men who were supposed to be protecting Xinyi to tie the spy up and bring him to prison immediately and sent a note back to his camp via a messenger hawk. He proceeded on to give Xinyi emergency medical attention. He saw how much she has already bled out and how pale her face was. He had no mind to think of decorum when he tore apart her clothes to inspect her body for wounds. He poured water to wash her wounds then tore off one of his sleeves to dry it. He hastily but skillfully applied the spiritually nourished salve on the wounds, then took out a clean bandage to wrap her wounds up.

Her energy was still dangerously low. Her breathing was shallow. He carried her carefully in his arms while giving the orders to the remaining few men, "I'll return to camp by foot. It's faster for me. Bring my horse back." Then he took off. The soldiers collectively thought to themselves that their commander was a monster with monstrous stamina. He may be faster than a horse but humans still took the horse because they lacked the stamina of horses.

"Xinyi, you're safe now, just hold on to your life. Please don't leave me alone again." He whispered to her as he hugged her increasingly cold body tight.

 

It took him a little less than 2 hours to reach back to camp. 

"Where's the doctor?!" Zhang Yong yelled out to all the men around as he carried an unconscious Xinyi into his camp. 

Everyone was stunned. Is that commander Zhang's woman?

He laid Xinyi gently down onto his bed then took the soup that has already been boiled and placed on his table. The message he had sent back was for someone to boil soup using the herb growing in his tent and to get a doctor as soon as possible.

He used the back of his four fingers to stroke her cheek gently while calling out to her, "Xinyi... You have to wake up to drink this. Your energy's too low for anything to heal... Please open your eyes..."

After a while, Xinyi's eyes fluttered open. Zhang Yong smiled. He helped her up then propped her against him. He held the spoon against her mouth and encouraged her to drink it even if it hurts. She sipped the soup bit by bit. However, after a few spoonfuls of soup, her body rejected it and she vomited the soup out with blood. 

Zhang Yong paled. He could tell from this that her internal injuries were grievous. The doctor finally arrived and Zhang Yong's hopes lifted again. 

"Save her!" Zhang Yong ordered loudly. 

Xinyi was barely conscious. While the doctor checked on her wounds, she was asking BaoBao about her current state. BaoBao was crying. He felt horrible that he could not help Xinyi who was in so much pain. You're in a very bad state... I don't think you'll be able to survive this...

I see... Alright.

The doctor soon told Zhang Yong the same conclusion that BaoBao had. "It would take a miracle for her to survive this."

"Leave!" Zhang Yong roared. The doctor jumped and evacuated the tent.

Zhang Yong walked to Xinyi and sat by her. "Xinyi, try and fight to survive."

Xinyi shook her head slowly then said weakly, "My time's up."

Zhang Yong tried to encourage her with tears gathering in his eyes, "You've grown strong. You broke through to Heaven realm. Let's keep training together." However, he did not see any happiness on her face like the last time she broke through. Why...? 

Seeing her breathing grow weaker, his voice cracked as he said, "Defy fate and live." 

Xinyi closed her eyes. It was tiring to even keep them open now. Zhang Yong looked on as her life force drained out along with her spiritual energy. He gritted his teeth and clenched his hands. If only there was a way to replenish that! Suddenly a thought occurred to him. 

He propped her up, sat behind her, and placed his hands on her back. He immediately maximised his output of this spiritual power like he would do so when nourishing the herbs except with a much larger output. Come on, come on, let this work! 

He could sense that her body was absorbing his spiritual power. However, nothing was stopping the leakage either. The energy leaving her body was greater than what she was absorbing. Her body was just too damaged. He was only delaying her time of death. Yet he could not help but cling on to the hope that somehow things will turn for the better. "Pardon me for prolonging your suffering out of selfishness." He said in a soft voice.

He never gave up hope till the last second when her body turned stiff and cold against his palms. Tears flowed down his face as he brought his arms around her. He hugged her body and whispered, "I'll never find another like you..." 

The first time he saw her asleep under the cherry blossom tree, he was only curious about her.  His curiosity increased when he first met her in her courtyard practicing when everyone else was having fun at the party. With all the time he has spent practicing with her, he knew that she was probably practicing when even he was relaxing and going around town with Wang Wei and Hui Shan. She was the hardest working and most diligent person he has ever met. That changed his curiosity to respect and adoration. She was the last person who deserved to suffer or die in his opinion. I pray that I can meet you in your next life. When I do, I promise to protect you and make you happy.

17