Legacy World 3.8
469 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Erm... BaiXue, he's angry right? Why's he so angry at us? 

How'd I know?

That's LongFei, isn't it? 

He matches the description.

He didn't sound like a grumpy man in the book!

"What were you doing in the cave for so long?!" His voice was low but his tone revealed his uncontrollable rage.

BaiXue frowned. How did he know how long she spent in the cave?

I was paying full attention! I really didn't see him! BaoBao defended himself.

"Shocked that I knew? Of course I would know everything that happens in my garden. I saw how you lured her out. Were you challenging her? Did you think you'd win?!" His anger was not yet appeased.

BaiXue felt no obligation to reply him, so she dashed off. However, a few meters away, she suddenly felt weak as if something drained her body of her energy. Her sight became hazy and her limp body tumbled onto the floor roughly and skidded from the speed she had dashed off in. Her breathing became erratic and her body heated up.

LongFei appeared by her side in a split second and saw a small scratch wound on her back.

Tsk! She still got injured! LongFei blamed himself and the person who caused the scratch. He changed into a silver dragon with his body wrapped gently around BaiXue. He set the basilisk's body aflame with his ice flames then carried BaiXue back to his home at the peak of the tallest mountain.

 

LongFei had been flying around in the sky as usual. He started this habit around a year ago when an unsettling feeling appeared in his heart. He felt very restless at home so constantly flew around in a bid to get rid of the restlessness.

Being a dragon, he had superb eyesight that could see the smallest details from high up in the sky. So it was easy for him to spot an injured woman on one of the mountains entering a small cave then collapsing inside. Although the woman dazzled in his eyes, his heart did not feel moved nor was he worried for the woman in the least. He was still preoccupied with feelings of unease. Yet he felt an unexplainable compulsion to check on the woman. He gave into the compulsion since he had nothing better to occupy his time with anyway.

This was how he got acquainted with the woman called FengJiao and spent the next 1 month nursing her back to health then the following months looking out for her. However, she did not seem very appreciative of his help and seemed to even find him annoying. She mentioned something about him being too arrogant and domineering but he did not understand nor care. He was brought up being told that he was the strongest and was meant to stand above anyone else in the world. So he did not see anything wrong with those qualities.

A few months later, it was during one his flights that he noticed someone new in his garden. 

This girl's looks did not dazzle him like FengJiao's did however he could not seem to peel his eyes off of her. The things that this girl occupied herself with made it entertaining to watch her. It seemed to cure the unease in his heart and resolve the restlessness he felt. As a result, he stayed on the mountain peaks to keep watch over her.

Weirdly, the compulsion he felt to check on FengJiao did not go away. Finding that he had the time to do so, he would still satisfy the compulsion to make it go away whenever he felt that it was getting unbearably irritating. 

LongFei gradually realised that the girl that had his rapt attention was actually systematically scouring through every inch of the mountains. He wondered what she seemed to be looking for and what about her made him unable to keep his eyes off her. She was no beauty nor the most adorable by people's standards. However, he liked the way she determinedly looked for whatever she was looking for, her gestures, and her every move. Before he knew it, he began to value this unassuming beauty and charm.

Finally, the day came when she lured the basilisk from the cave. He thought that she was looking for the basilisk's home the whole time and viewed her as reckless yet daring. He decided to indulge her and let her have her fun. However, he got increasingly worried when he saw her not exiting the cave. When he saw the basilisk turn onto the path towards the cave and that she had not exited the cave, he already changed into a dragon to interfere if he had to.

Just as he did, he saw her dash out of the cave.

Fool! That's not fast enough to escape the basilisk! He immediately flew down from the peak.

That basilisk dares to bare her fangs against her! He changed back into his human form upon reaching the basilisk's body in mid air to stomp onto it to death. He was feeling intense rage as his mind was filled with thoughts of her potential death. He could not understand why but it made him incredibly panicky.

When he saw her ignore his questions and take off, he felt a little crestfallen. He was looking forward to hear her voice.

When he saw her small weak body falling onto the ground, he felt his heart heart drop along. He hurried her to his house for treatment. His heart was filled with anxiety. I won't let her die under my watch!

He filled a white jade bowl that was big enough to put BaiXue in with ice cold water. He placed her in the freezing cold water to slow down the spread of the basilisk poison while he prepared the herb that would work against all kinds of ailments and poisons in the kitchen just outside the room where he left BaiXue. The plant was incredibly rare and hard to grow but he felt that this fact was what made it worthy to be used for BaiXue's treatment.

At this moment, he was cursing how his flames were ice cold instead of flaming hot. If it was flaming hot, he could speed up the boiling and cooking process so that he could feed her the soup as soon as possible.

When the plant was finally ready to be consumed, he went back to BaiXue. She was breathing laboriously and her body was still heated up despite being in ice cold water. He blew on the hot soup. His cold breath quickly cooled down the soup to the right temperature for her to swallow it easily. However, the soup trickled out of her mouth in her current unconscious state.

LongFei frowned and stroked the rabbit's face with the back of his fingers.

BaiXue felt a familiar sensation on her cheek and woke up in a semiconscious state.

LongFei saw her eyes open in a slit so he took her out of the jade bowl. "You have to drink this. Come on. Try to exert a little strength and change yourself back. It'll be easier that way. Please try." He urged and encouraged her gently.

The only words that BaiXue registered was "drink" and "change". She instinctively used the last of her strength of change back into her human form, then drank the warm liquid she felt against her lips.

Every sip she took, she felt the pain lessen. Once the pain completely subsided, she passed out cold. She had managed to finish the bowl of soup.

LongFei carried BaiXue's now shivering body and brought her to the bed in a room that was further in the house. He covered her with a warm blanket then went off and came back within seconds with a white pelt, thicker blanket and a change of clothes in his hands.

Without thinking much, he changed her clothes into his dry one, laid the pelt onto the wet bed so that it was dry again before placing her down and covering her with the new thicker blanket. He was only concerned about one thing with BaiXue - her well-being.

Although BaiXue was out cold, BaoBao was conscious and could see everything that happened. His jaw dropped when he saw what LongFei did to BaiXue then screamed inside. He felt a mix of different emotions. He felt enraged for BaiXue's exposure, irritated that he could have been the one to help BaiXue change, but happy that LongFei seemed to care about her a lot.

BaoBao did not know how BaiXue would feel about this so in a bid to protect her dignity, he decided to keep this a secret.

 

The next morning.

BaiXue turned over in her sleep. It felt toasty warm, soft, and very comfortable. She did not feel like waking up from her sleep. For the first time, she was actually feeling lazy. As quickly as that thought came, it left. The thought was so unfamiliar to her that it jolted her right awake.

Her eyes flew open. She found herself in an unfamiliar room with white walls and sky blue wooden roof. It was spacious, has valuable looking items set up as decorations, and clean and pristine. She sat up slowly in puzzlement then frowned to find herself in blue garments that was made for a man.

BaoBao, did you do this? Where am I? Whose clothes is this?

You're in LongFei's house. He saved you but I changed your clothes because you were freezing after being dunked in ice cold water.

I was dunked in ice cold water?

BaoBao explained everything that happened only altering the part about LongFei changing her clothes for her.

I see... I should thank him properly then.

Just as she had that thought, he came in the room with the intention to check on her. 

"You're awake. How're you now?"

"I'm feeling perfect. Thank you for your help. I'll repay your kindness some day." BaiXue said. She then looked down and lightly coughed before continuing, "Sorry for taking your clothes like that. I probably did it while sleepwalking... or something like that."

BaoBao's jaw dropped. He prayed that LongFei would not clarify the matter.

LongFei slightly frowned in confusion. "What're you sorry for? I was the one who took it. Do you think you could have changed by yourself in the state you were in?"

"What?"

He frowned even more. "Are you sure you're feeling perfect? Why is it that you have trouble understanding me?"

BaoBao, I didn't know that you were LongFei. Since when did you change into him, huh?

BaoBao went quiet and did not reply. Stupid LongFei and his big mouth! He thought secretly to himself.

BaoBao...

I just wanted to protect your dignity and save some of your face for you! BaoBao cried out his explanation.

Did you think I'd be embarrassed or something? I'd rather that than make a mistake like this again, do you understand?

BaoBao was shocked. He realised he spared a thought for her feelings for nothing. Okay...

LongFei saw that she did not reply him so walked forward to her and placed his hand on her forehead. The sudden warmth of his hand on her forehead made her widen her eyes a little. She pushed his hand away. "I said I'm feeling perfect. I understood you perfectly clear too."

He kept his frown on as he said, "Say that earlier then." How worried do you want me to be?

She lightly pursed her lips.

Erm... The second male lead is really quite... something in this world. BaoBao commented.

No wonder the female lead doesn't like him even though she was the only one he ever cared for.

"Can I have my clothes back?"

"Why can't you?" He never stopped frowning. She just needs to tell me she wanted it back, why the need to ask? He walked out feeling genuinely puzzled.

Did he just leave the room? BaoBao could not understand him. He could have at least told you where your clothes are!

You can locate it for me anyway. Besides... I think he's-

LongFei returned with her dried clothes in his hand. She concluded that the second male lead of this world was really bad at expressing himself and was crude in his actions.

"Thank you." She reached out to take her clothes.

"Do you need me to help you?" He asked suddenly as she touched her clothes.

"I'm fine. Just leave the room please. Thanks again." She easily replied, unfazed by his question.

LongFei nodded and left the room.

13