Legacy World 4.7
382 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He hugged her and held her head snug against his strong broad chest such that she could not see anything. BaoBao later confirmed her suspicion that Vlad was trying to hide something from her. Vlad had a creepy smile on his face and was staring at something in the distance behind you. It's out of my range so I can't tell what he was looking at. Later, a black mark in the shape of a rose covered the entire ground where you were both standing. It disappeared after awhile and the surroundings turned foggy like before.

A black rose... Based on the book, it seems that he placed a curse there. I wonder if his loss of control earlier drew some angels to the area.

But does this mean his range of detection exceeds mine? BaoBao felt that he had recently been less useful because the second male leads seem to be increasingly powerful and helpful.

Something tells me that it was more of an instinct than a clear detection of the angels' presence.

 

Not long after they disappeared, a group of 5 angels came by to inspect the surge of demon power they had detected earlier. 

The moment they flew above the the area where Vlad and Vanora had been at, the black mark from before appeared and all the angels lost the ability to fly. Their wings folded in and refused to open as if they lost control over their bodies. The angels started to panic the closer they got to the ground that was now covered in spikes made from earth. 

Only one angel with long honey blonde hair and kind brown eyes remained calm and had been chanting a prayer from the moment the mark appeared. The more he chanted, the more the black rose on the ground withered. Eventually, the black mark started dissipating as black smoke. The spikes from before returned to being flat earth and they regained control of their wings. Only the angel who chanted reacted fast enough to prevent crash landing on the ground. 

Magnificent white wings unraveled themselves and flapped gently but strongly to keep him hovered above the area. A black rose... 

He took stock of the damage done in the area. Not a single life could be found. His eyes filled with sadness over the lives of fauna and flora that were lost. He gently landed then placed his palm flat on the barren land. He closed his eyes, said a silent prayer, and the entire land began glowing in a bright white light. When the light dissipated, the area was covered in greenery once again. However, there was still a forlorn look on the angel's face. What a pity that the animals could not return to their state. May their souls live on freely and peacefully for eternity. 

He stood and flew off while the others awkwardly followed behind him after they were done dusting themselves off. The angel frowned in calm determination. So it really was you. I will find you and end this war.

 

Vanora felt like it was taking longer this time for the fog to dissipate. He was still hugging her so she was beginning to feel uncomfortable and bothered by the amount of time needed to teleport. Just as she thought of asking him about the mechanics of his power, the fog started to lift.

They were in the middle of a very large room. The entire place was made of wood and most of the furniture, including the wooden beams of the place, were mahogany in colour. The wooden floor was light brown in colour. It looked like a very warm and welcoming place. She went to an open window to look out. Upon looking outside, she got an inkling where she was. The window was facing a canyon that looked treacherous and menacing. The sky was pitch black with no stars nor moon.

"Where exactly have you brought me to? Your home?"

He frowned slightly as if it was an insult to call this place his home. "My home's much better than this place. But the bath here is supposed to be great. It's an inn I frequent to try and get better sleep. It sometimes gets stifling and lonely back at home."

"Better sleep? You have trouble sleeping?"

Vlad nodded then walked to the right side of the room to slide open a door that revealed a small section of the room leading into the bath. "There's a shower here and a hot spring deeper in. Feel free to use it until you're satisfied." He said with a smile.

"What're you going to do in the meantime?" She was not about to trust this lustful demon here to behave himself.

"I'll handle the administrative matters. Oh! Come to think of it, we do not know each other's names yet! You can call me Derek. What's yours?"

"Call me Vanora."

"Vanora..." He smiled to himself with satisfaction. 

"I'll leave now and... come... back..." His voice trailed off as he noticed her staring at something on the shelf where a clean set of clothes could be placed. There was a pair of male and female robes set nicely on the shelf. The male robes were black while the female robes looked more likes bright red strips of cloth meant for seduction.

BaoBao, do you think he would have a history of women?

Considering that he's well-loved and respected and a demon... It's perfectly normal if he had some history, at least before he met Angela.

Nice deduction.

Suddenly she felt her hand taken in a firm grasp. She looked at Vlad in surprise. "It's never been used before! I don't even know why they never give up putting a female's robe in here."

Vanora blinked and gave a noncommittal nonchalant reply, "Mm."

"Please trust me. I have never felt any sexual desire for anyone before I met you."

With his declaration, Vanora's face now went full-blown red. "Okay, but seriously, what has that got to do with me? Just go do what you have to do."

Vlad blinked innocently. He had not intentionally teased her but she still gave such a cute response that made him feel like teasing her more. A mischievous grin appeared on his face. Vanora recognised his expressions by now and resolutely pushed him out of the bath area and closed the door on him. He stared at the closed door for awhile with the grin still on his face. She's so shy about such things. How cute.

Her red face resurfaced in his mind. Ahhh... I really want to kiss her...

He groaned as he walked away from the door and left the room to do what he has to. 

Just as he closed the door to the room and turned to walk down the dark and empty aisle, someone appeared around the corner at the end of the aisle with cleaning equipment in his hands. The person had all the demonic features and his skin still had the rough and tough texture of a demon, but he has achieved maintaining a humanoid form. This was how Vlad knew that he was a young demon.

The young demon dropped his equipment onto the ground in shock. Who's that? Father told me that no one should be here but Lord Vlad. He rubbed his eyes to check if he was seeing an illusion. When he took a proper look again, he saw a person approaching with a frosty expression. His heart pounded in fear and excitement at the same time. He dropped to one knee and lowered his head. "Lord Vlad! When did you arrive? I apologise for not receiving you properly."

He did not dare to look up for he felt an intimidating pressure coming from Vlad.

"Your father has passed down the inn to you?"

"Not yet, my Lord. I'm still learning the ropes."

"Did you see anything strange earlier?"

The man looked up in surprise. "As expected from Lord Vlad!" He recalled what he saw with a puzzled expression. "For a moment earlier, I thought I saw a different person with black hair and red eyes at the end of the aisle before you appeared. Is there something wrong?"

"There was?"

"Just now... ... ..." The demon's voice trailed off as his eyes glazed over like he was spacing out in the middle of a conversation. After a short while, clarity returned to his eyes. "May I know how long will you be staying this time?"

"An indefinite amount of time. Make sure no one enters this side of the establishment. I'll call if I need anything."

"Complete privacy! Understood!"

Vlad disappeared into thin air in front of the young demon and the young demon breathed a sigh of relief. He would have recklessly bragged to others about being up close and personal with the demon lord but his father has warned him against it several times. Not only would they not be able to deal with the crowd that would result in a lack of privacy that Lord Vlad had came here for, Lord Vlad would probably take their lives for his loose mouth.

The demon picked up his cleaning equipment from the floor and scurried off to inform his father who was at the front desk. 

When his father heard the news, he reminded his son of the standard protocols for housing Lord Vlad once more. Once he was done, his father wondered to himself. This is the first time he has asked for this much privacy. Could it be... a girl? Will we finally have a Lady? The older demon cackled which baffled the young demon. How lucky that I never gave up placing the female's robes in his room. I'm sure that would be to Lord Vlad's taste.

 

On the other side of the door, Vanora was taking a few deep breaths while patting her chest lightly to help herself calm down. He's really so hard to handle.

When her heart finally settled again, she asked BaoBao to check if he had left.

He left the room since awhile ago, ran into someone in the corridor, exchanged a few words, then disappeared into thin air. Now, I don't know where he is.

It doesn't matter. Seeing how he is, he'll likely be back soon.

Vanora spared no time in stripping down and went to take a proper shower. 

She entered the bath area and turned to her right to find that it was the most scenic bathroom she has ever been in. It was open air with high walls made of bamboo. The floor was covered with black pebbles everywhere, while large flat stones formed a path to the shower that was a smooth dark grey stone platform. Vanora however paid not much mind to the beauty of the place and immediately showered.

After showering, she decided to soak in the hot spring to plan her next course of action instead of returning back into the room where Vlad would be at. She felt that she could not get much thinking done whenever he was around to mess with her. 

She stepped out of the shower on the other side from where she entered and walked towards the bamboo door. Upon swinging the bamboo door open, she was greeted with a more spacious but simply designed space consisting of only a hot spring and an open sky above it. It was truly ideal for pure relaxation. 

Just as she settled inside the hot spring, BaoBao informed her that Vlad has returned to the room but in an unexpected area.

Ah! Vlad appeared in the section before the bathroom!

Just keep watching him. Vanora calmly instructed BaoBao.

Oh. He left after replacing the red strips of cloth with some black garments and accessories.

Alright, let's get to work. The "spiritual energy" of the previous worlds seems to appear as hellfire in this world. Also, it doesn't seem like I'm able to cultivate. When I was absorbing the flames back into me, my control is not perfect. I simply imagined as if I was cultivating. Even so, I only felt the hellfire return to me, nothing else was being absorbed. 

Seems like everything is innate in this world? BaoBao speculated.

That's right. My normal training by cultivation would be ineffective in a world without spiritual energy in it. I wonder how I should train to increase my power then... 

Since you feed on wrath-related emotions to grow stronger...

I will have to start with learning to see people's aura. Only then can I learn to absorb it.

Who would you target? Humans? Demons?

Whichever is available. As long as I do it when the situation's right, they won't lose their lives just because I feed off their emotions.

Won't lose their lives? Why would you care if they do? Isn't it harder and less efficient when you need to account for the situation? How does this benefit you?

From where you come from, would you sacrifice another just to get stronger?

If it makes perfect sense to do so, I'm pretty sure we would. As long as it's effective and efficient, we don't see why not. It's all for the sake of faster progress as a whole.

Well... I have to say that some humans probably would have no qualms about it too. But it's a different case for me. It feels... less cannibalistic for me. 

BaoBao added this discussion to his now growing database on emotions before continuing to assess if there was another way for Vanora to get stronger.

13