Legacy World 4.10
376 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ah, was I supposed to warn you even if he got closer to you next time? BaoBao decided to check with Vanora if he made a mistake in his judgement.

He didn't do anything to me, did he?

Nope.

Then it's fine.

While she tried to pry it out of his hand like she always did in the past when she woke up before Erica, BaoBao continued speaking.

Erm... But he did something to himself I think.

He did what?

The black mark of a rose appeared on his hand that's holding onto your shirt now.

Don't tell me... 

She gradually applied more and more force in an effort to yank her shirt out of his tight grip. Suddenly, the mark reappeared on his hand and his eyes flew open. He sat up immediately in a completely alert state. Only his husky voice and bed hair gave away the fact that he had just woken up from a deep sleep. "What happened?"

"... I need to go."

Panic filled his face. "Where?"

"... The bathroom?"

A blank expression was gradually replaced by a slightly bashful one. "Oh. Sorry..." Black smoke left his hand and he let go off her shirt.

She stared at him for a short moment before leaving the bedroom. I wonder if he'll get better overtime.

What do you mean?

I feel like the second male lead of this world is a little emotionally unstable. But I can't tell if he's supposed to be like this or not... He definitely didn't appear this way in the book. I can only hope that it's not because of my transmigration.

Ah... The warning from the administrators...

Oh well, I'll just keep doing what I can.

 

When she came out of the bathroom, she found another new attire waiting for her to change into on the shelf. It was an all-black gothic lolita dress with puffy sleeves that ended just before her elbow. She frowned slightly as it looked troublesome to wear. Vlad remained blissfully completely unaware that his taste in clothes and women was being questioned at this moment.

She came back into the main room to find that Vlad had prepared yet another cup of tea for her. She sat down and drank her tea while waiting for him to wash up. I feel like a complete free-loader. 

She sighed helplessly and comforted herself that she was also giving him some leeway in return by letting him do what he wanted with her as long as it does not cross her boundaries. Things that she could have rejected but gave in to him included wearing the dress he prepared for her instead of wearing her now clean but old set of clothes.

Vlad came out before she was done with her tea. She rejected his offer for breakfast since she was not feeling hungry. She wanted to use every minute and second she could to become stronger so that she could survive in this world. The fact that she did not need food for sustenance but merely for preventing insanity worked in her favour. She did not have to spend much time on cooking and eating. 

"Before we look for demons for me to fight, is there anywhere nearby where I can practice my hellfire in private?"

Vlad realised that there was no such thing was a private training ground in hell. Demons and other entities roamed everywhere. If they crossed into each other's territory or if they were unhappy with one another, they'd simply fight it out even to the point of death. It was simply a fact that the weaker ones stayed clear of dangerous lands or lands inhabited by strong entities. Friends would still come and go freely though.

"Sure there is, but why the need for it to be nearby?" Vlad instantly came up with the idea to simply create the first private training ground then.

"So that I can go there by myself and not need you to escort me everywhere. Please go do the things you need to do while I practice by myself every morning at least." 

Vlad looked very innocent and answered sincerely. "My current job is to mentor you though? What else do I have to do?"

Vanora knew that he likely has his demon lord's duties but could not push him away as she needed to keep up the pretense that she was ignorant of his true identity. "Just bring me to the area then."

He nodded. "Just give me a moment. You can finish your tea in the meantime." He disappeared as soon as he was done speaking. Not long after she finished her tea, he appeared in the room again. She stood up, prepared to leave for wherever he planned to bring her to.

"Ready?" He asked with a smile as he went to her side and put one hand around her waist. 

"As I'll ever be." 

Fog surrounded them and quickly covered the entire scene before her eyes.

BaoBao pouted a little at the liberties Vlad was taking with Vanora. Even if he needed contact to teleport somewhere with you, he could hold onto your hands, or at most your shoulders?

Vanora laughed a little in her mind at how he was acting like the pure maiden on her behalf. As for her, she really did not mind as long as it was not too intimate. She did not believe that there was anything about her that anyone would want to take advantage of.

BaoBao was biting on a handkerchief in grievance. Vanora...

When the fog lifted, a scene of ruined land was revealed. There were bare trees crooked and bent in creepy ways, the land obviously barren and uneven, and the night sky above them was the same endless and starless she saw from the room. She felt that this was familiar though. "Is this the canyon just outside the room we were in earlier?" 

"Yup, you're smart!" 

Seems like the length of time it takes for the fog to clear is proportional to the distance traveled.

Vlad perched himself on a tree not too far away from Vanora and watched her begin her practice.

Vanora began with experimenting with her control over the strength of her flames. She started from her hands. She carefully dialed the strength of the flames down but the flames jumped from strong to a weak dying one. She tried this a few more times to no avail. It was simply not improving. 

She felt like she was fighting against a strong current that she could only be plugged and unplugged. Wait a minute. Plug and unplugged... On or off... Like a tap...

She pictured her body like a huge basin, letting out her hellfire either by drips, a trickle, a stream, or a gush. Releasing it as drips resulted in a flame weak to the point of flickering. Releasing it as a trickle was a weak dying flame. Releasing it as a stream provided a steady flame. Letting it all out at once resulted in the strength of fire she was very familiar with by now. The control was still sort of jerky but was no longer an all or none phenomenon. 

She smiled contentedly. At least there was some progress. With more practice, the transitions would probably get smoother overtime.

She moved on to experimenting with the maximum output she could manage. She pictured emptying herself of her "spiritual energy" all at once but the strength of her flames remained unchanged. Perhaps fighting can help me bring out the needed emotions I need to become stronger.

She then moved on with training her finer control of her flames. She practiced lighting up different parts of her limbs on fire and found no issue with it for it was very similar to circulating spiritual energy within her. When she lit her entire self in flames, she found that focusing the flames on a particular body part resulted in a longer range. How interesting. It's as if I'm manipulating all the spiritual energy I have stored in my body, except it's taking whatever physical shapes I want.

She played around with the various shapes she could make at maximum output, including making an extended larger arm. She decided to find a tree and test if it could actually interact with the environment like a real arm. An idea popped into her head that made her smirk a little. BaoBao, you'd like to settle your grievances, don't you?

Vlad had been observing her silently and keeping a close eye on her aura. It remained a stable dim and faint colour. Her ability in keeping her emotions in check this well was amazing in its own way. What happened to the rich intensity of her aura from when I first met her? If this is a permanent issue, it would greatly stunt her growth.

He began wondering about how he could help her let go and feel more and before he knew it, a big fire claw was coming down on him. 

Vanora had reached the tree that Vlad was perched on in one leap and swung down her fire claw. Shock and alarm momentarily filled his face but was quickly replaced with an endearing smile by the time her fire claw came into contact with the tree. It had barely brushed past him and passed through the tree like a ghost with no substance and the tree instantly caught on fire. It was already charred despite her retracting the flames back into her almost immediately.

Vanora looked at Vlad resting his head on his arm that was propped up by his leg on the branch. He was still smiling at her like she did something really adorable. I hope that the short instant of his fearful face was enough for you BaoBao. 

BaoBao giggled. It's more than I could hope for from a demon lord! Besides, I can reproduce that image for myself now that I've seen it. Thank you Vanora! 

Vanora turned away from Vlad before he could see the soft smile that appeared on her face. As long as you're appeased. Well, as for my hellfire, manipulating shapes seems kind of pointless besides entertainment and scaring others. 

By the end of her experimentation, she concluded that her hellfire could not part from the source of it, which is her body, unless it had something else to fuel it. In other words, it had to be burning something. Otherwise, at best, she could manipulate it to be apart from her completely but still connected by a small trail of fire. 

She decided to dedicate her time with practicing her normal and finer control of her flames and honing its attack and defensive powers. It was largely similar to her training regime in the second world.

"Let's go."

Vlad understood what she meant without needing her to elaborate. He smiled carefreely and advised, "Although you don't need to eat to survive, eating a little meat everyday should be good?"

Vanora thought back to how she had to fight so hard against her instincts when she first transmigrated and agreed that there was truth in his words. She may not notice that she was slowly losing sanity and control until it was too late. Eating a little everyday could prevent the need for such worries. 

"Alright." 

After bringing her back to the room, he told her to take a seat while he brought in her meal. Although he left by the door, BaoBao informed her that he disappeared right after he closed the door. Not too long later, BaoBao informed her that Vlad has reappeared but with food in his hand. He came back through the door with a smiling face that was completely unaware that his little secret trip away from the establishment has been exposed. 

11