Legacy World 4.31
267 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Vlad saw Vanora fly forward towards Angela, he immediately knew something was wrong. Vanora would not act that recklessly, especially since she was not going feral. When he tried to intervene with the intention to retrieve Vanora and escape, he got intercepted by Michael. The light provided by other ongoing fights illuminated the area enough for him to see Vlad approach.

"God fucking damn it! I should have finished you off back then! I'll fucking make quick work of you now!" Vlad said as he engaged Michael in a fight and he kept true to his word. His emotions were at their peak since Vanora was involved and Michael was no match for it. His fast reflexes and the minimal illumination was not enough for him to dodge Vlad's attacks, much less attack back.

Angela has been aware of Michael's fight from the start. She did not worry about him since he was the strongest angel she knew of, but the way the fight progressed between Vlad and Michael increasingly alarmed her. It finally dawned on her that there was one demon who did almost kill Michael before, resulting in the need to recover for almost over a year.

"So it's you!!!" Angela's voice was filled with wrath. She already did not like this demon who had always teased and made fun of her, never leaving her alone, never stopping to rub in her face how she was so far from her ideal self. Just when she thought she could not hate him any more than she already has, he just gave her a new and strong reason to.

Angela then focused her full attention on her fight with Vanora, eager to end it so that she could go to Michael's assistance. She did not believe that Vlad would be able to survive fighting two strong warrior angels. Her new found vigor increased her strength and she forced Vanora back quickly and easily.

Vlad did not pay attention to the crazed voice of another woman as he threw out a succession of moves. Just as Vlad prepared to finish Michael off, Angela also executed her finishing move on Vanora.

Vlad decisively gave up on finishing Michael off and teleported to cover Vanora's body with his. Now that Michael was in no condition to interfere, he successfully made it to Vanora and got ready to take the hit.

A thousand lightning quick piercing strikes rained down on Vlad and Vanora. A loud explosion resulted and shook the entire maze dangerously. Rocks began falling from the ceiling. Everyone was going to be buried underground if they did not escape in time. The hell beings knew the way out so ran off, abandoning the angels and their fight. Angela swung her sword in random around her but she could not find a single trace or sign of Vanora and Vlad. "They're really gone..."

This greatly puzzled her. Her opponent should be riddled with holes or shredded to pieces, not explode so flashily then disappear into thin air like that.

"Angela, we have to go." Michael called out her. He already had a barrier erected around him so was flying towards her to provide her with cover too.

Knowing that she did not have time to mull over it, she took off with Michael without looking back even once.

Angela overpoweringly hacked her way through the falling debris and literally clawed her way out of the earth, except she was using her sword. Michael flew behind her and chanted a prayer to create a barrier around them, causing them to look like a flying comet bursting out of the ground and back to the surface.

 

When the demon wrestled control over her body from Vanora, the experience was almost like dissociation. Although she found herself back in the black space she was often with BaoBao in between transmigration, she could clearly picture whatever was happening to her right now. Moreover, it was like she was watching it from a third person's point of view.

The only two oddities in this space now was the presence of the head of the demon she consumed and a floating ball of white stars.

"Sweet place you have here inside of you. All dark and black."

"How're you here? Why're you here?"

He laughed maliciously before answering him. "No way! You don't know what this place is! Either that, or you just suck at multi tasking. Either way, this proves that I'm superior to you. So you should just hand over the control of your body to me. Oh wait, you're so weak, I didn't even need to ask!" Then he was back to cackling.

Vanora frowned a little then took the chance to look around the space to try and find BaoBao. She paid no mind to the demon. She was only bothered by the chance of finding BaoBao here.

"Finding the little demon? What's he? Your child?"

Her eyes widened in surprise. He saw BaoBao?

He nonchalantly nodded towards the ball of stars. "I wonder what happened to him."

Her look turned serious as she stared at the demon.

However, her look of suspicion and protectiveness only tickled the demon. "Ha! That's a good look! Do you think I did something to him? Please, I have standards for my prey. He's so weak that he didn't even notice my presence in this area." His annoying cackle followed after his speech yet again.

"How could we have known your invasion was possible?" Feeling defensive for BaoBao, she actually bothered to rebut the demon.

"... Girl. If I have to name this place, I'd call this your heart. Or your mind. It's basically the deepest part of your existence. Normally you'd sense some disturbance within you if there's an invasion." His tone then changed from serious to one of belittling. "Then again, you're so pathetically weak. Or I'm just that much stronger than you to be able to hide myself so well." His cackle followed as usual.

However, Vanora had not been paying attention to his rambling and was only focused on checking on BaoBao. Normally the demon would have felt a little offended that a small fry like her dared to ignore him so blatantly like that, but he suddenly closed his eyes and his form gradually faded away. Vanora understood that he only disappeared because what was now happening in the fight with Angela required his full focus. Her life was in danger.

Seeing how she could not wrestle back the control over her body and how the demon was going all out with a care, Vanora knew that the only chance of getting out of this would be to use the system market that BaoBao talked about. After all, he had been so confident about its usefulness.

She stroked the ball of white stars. The stars became slightly brighter with every stroke she gave it.

"BaoBao... You can hear me, right? You can feel me, right? Please wake up, I could really use your help now."

This time, the light of the stars started to pulse.

Seeing that it was reacting to her, she continued to talk. "Will you come back already BaoBao? I need my partner in crime by my side. Otherwise it just does not feel right... I miss you." Being this honest would have been impossible if it was her past self, but after a year with Vlad, she has learnt how to be more upfront with her feelings just like that.

Upon the utterance of her heartfelt words, the ball of stars became so bright that Vanora had to close her eyes and shield them with her arm. When she opened her eyes again and lowered her arm, a familiar looking boy around the age of 10 was standing before her.

With just a look, she could immediately tell that the boy was BaoBao. Although he lost a little bit of his chubbiness, he looked the same and his body glowed in the same way.

"Luna!!" BaoBao jumped into her arms out of excitement. However, in the midst of his jump his expression and body froze.

Luna had happily spread open her arms to warmly welcome him back. So seeing him frozen there puzzled and worried her. Until she witnessed what was happening to her body. Angela was in the midst of executing some power move and Vlad appeared before her to wrap her in his arms just before the attack hit them, resulting in a loud explosion. Only Vanora saw what truly happened. The attack had hit an invisible barrier that light up brightly upon impact.

Before she knew it, her consciousness returned to her physical body. BaoBao's voice sounded in her head, "Now it's up to you, Lu- Vanora! I'll keep this demon in check!"

Vanora immediately whispered into Vlad's ears to teleport them away immediately. With this, he understood that Vanora was now somehow back to normal. He carried out her order without delay.

Appearing back in his castle, Vlad scrutinised her face closely. "What happened just now?"

Vanora explained everything about the consciousness of the demon still existing within her. A look of dark rage filled his face. "It's his life force keeping him alive within you. But this means he has witnessed everything I've done to anyone who crosses me or you. Yet he has the baseless confidence that he's safe from me after what he dared to do to you?" He took a deep breath before he talked to Vanora again, "Sorry, this'll sting for a moment."

Before she could ask him what that was about, she felt him bite into her left shoulder. A brief sharp pain was followed by an intense wave of ecstasy coursing through her body.

Meanwhile, back in the far deep recesses of her mind, BaoBao had kept the foreign invasion quarantined. No matter where the demon flew to, he could not find his way out of this place. The demon had been shocked with the power BaoBao reigned over this area so was fuming about having underestimated a seemingly young and weak demon.

He was still flying around when he suddenly felt an intense burning sensation. It felt so painful that it stopped him dead in his tracks.

He has been kept unaware of whatever was happening in the real world from the time BaoBao kept him here so did not know what was happening to him. Sometimes not knowing was the worst experience. He did not know what was happening to him now and how long it would last. He only knew that there was nothing he could do about the burning sensation and nothing he could do to cope with it. There was nothing solid he could ram himself into or roll around on. He had no body to hug himself. He could only grit his teeth and completely experience the pain in its entirety. His eyes were opened so widely that it looked like they could pop out of his sockets at any moment.

After what seemed like an eternity of burning, he felt his consciousness and life seeping away from him. In his final moments before darkness consumed him, his life flashed by his eyes. Looks like I'm finally dying now huh... When the image of Vlad killing and torturing others for meddling with Vanora, he suddenly had a flash of inspiration. Could this be Lord Vlad? He laughed bitterly as he cursed his fate that the person he converted had strong guardians looking out for her.

In reality, it took only around 5 minutes for Vlad to drain the life force of the demon from within Vanora. 

When Vlad let go of her shoulder, the feeling of ecstasy vanished without a trace. Vanora frowned as she found herself panting and wanting more. Feeling his lips repeatedly landing on her neck very lightly, she whispered her question, "Have you dealt with him?"

Ever since that passionate night with Vlad, they have not behaved as intimately with each other. At the most, she was only sleeping in his arms for the security it gave her. With the trust established with Vlad, she immediately assumed that this sudden intimacy had something to do with dealing with the demon living inside her.

Vlad stopped planting kisses on her and leaned back to reply, "Of course. He'll never bother you again." He stroked her currently still flushed cheeks. 

"What did you do?" Vanora asked. 

"My power of gluttony also allows me to consume the life force of another. However, this power can only be used through biting. It really simply is the power of any vampires."

Vanora stiffened her body in reflex to his answer. She could not help but worry if BaoBao was affected by it. After all, she was not sure how all these worked. 

BaoBao!

7