Chapter 2 Preparation
30 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Bro wake up already!”

Mark was extremely confused since if you die in Hope the first thing you would hear was “player has died you will respawn in 24 hours.”

Mark opened his eyes and the first thing he saw was his younger sister, they were about 2 years apart in age, but they would truly go through hell for each other.

“Bro get up already you promised to bring me for my first day of college.” Mark immediately replied, “yeah sure sis I’m coming just leave some breakfast for me will you.” “No problem bro just hurry up already we have about 20 minutes before we need to leave.”

Mark got up and looked in the mirror and what he saw shocked him, a young man around 20 years old looking back at him, short black hair not extremely handsome but some well refined looks. He wasn’t a top model however he was not ugly by any means.

He put on some clothes and picked up his phone just to double-check what he was thought already [date: 29-08-2154]. He went downstairs to grab a bite before he was going to the college.

“Hey sleepyhead finally up, sit down I grabbed some toast for you” his sister beckoned him to sit on his seat. Mark had gotten in a daze when he saw his parents without any gray hair which originated from their worries about their son and daughter in the game. He sat down while his parents were busy talking about stuff that needed to be done in the household, “oh Mark could you get some milk on the way back from college” his mother asked him. “yeah sure mom no problem but I might be back a little late since I promised my dorm members I would go out with them.” “sure honey no problem.”

Mark thought to himself “thank god for reminders in phones or I would’ve never thought of that after 10 years.”

After breakfast he and his sister went to the college which took about 1.5 hours total, this was also the reason Mark decided to go in dorms since having a travel time that big really wore him out last year when he went to college. They arrived at the college and most people watched them since his sister had some amazing looks. Gorgeous face adorned with some black hair that reached just past her shoulders, a C-cup chest and perky butt, often times they joked around that all the looks went past Mark and given to Lily but neither really cared about that.

Since she was a freshman in school she had a certain place to be for introduction which left Mark on his own since he only started the day after because he was a third year. Suddenly he heard someone shout his last same “Hey Sil how was your holiday had some fun with some girls!” on the whole planet there had to be only one person who could shout something like that out loud, it was one of his roommates called Rick. Rick was a bulky dude of around 195 cm and serious muscle since he worked out a lot, even so he had a heart of gold and would do anything for his friends and he was just funny to be around if you could switch of your shame.

“Hey Sil, what are you doing here already shouldn’t you be here tomorrow.” “Yeah Rick however I have a little sister who needed me to bring her.” “Oh yeah you said that before didn’t you, shouldn’t you introduce me bro.” “as long as you don’t try to get in her pants that would be okay I guess.” “ah man, fine I guess by the way did you meet up with the rest already Jim talked about some new online game which would become the hype because of its realism I thought he called it Hope or something.” “No, I haven’t seen anyone else yet I was going to do that just now but some weirdo started shouting at me.” “come on bro I was just happy to see you, anyway Jim said we all should play it since it needed 4 people to create a village or something.”

This was the part of Hope which was ground-breaking, Hope had 2 different types of players the village players and adventure players. Since Mark had reborn he knew the difference almost by heart: adventure players could join a certain village and take on missions and tasks however the true elite of the world were the village leaders since they would shape the game world and in that matter be tasked to shape the new world.

Mark still knew the day the news was shown on the television. Due to WWIII certain plates had shifted and in 2156 they would make volcanoes burst and cover the earth completely ruling out all life on earth. Luckily the World Government has taken note of this and went through all 250 survivable planets known to mankind, they chose planet SUR-110 since it was one of the closest and its biochemical structure was pretty much identical to earth. Then the WG build a ton of huge space rockets to get the entire population of 14 billion people towards the new home planet.

While the WG was getting ready they also thought of a way to make sure that once on the planet the correct type of people would be in charge to make sure humanity would not die out. To do so they made a super AI which would supervise the Hope. Many higher-ups were furious since it meant that they would have to begin all over again, but the AI was already made in secret by the chairman and the only bonus they would get was that they would know where silver village creation stones were placed.

With all this taken care of the WG implemented a weird type of commercial which talked about Hope as the most realistic game yet, a full 100% realism. When killing monsters  you just got the carcass, no gold or weapons you needed to start everything yourself.

Mark went to his dorm and saw the other 2 members called Jim and Luke, while Jim was sort of a playboy Luke was a typical nerd however Jim’s family was one of the highest in the country so they advised him to start up Hope with 3 others he could trust with his life, however they never thought he would pick his dorm members over family and so this situation came to be.

“Hey Mark, how have you been?” “Hey, Jim I’m good nothing much changed, I heard you were telling Rick about that new game?” “Yeah, I don’t know what is up with it, but my family forced me to play it so here I am asking all of you, and before you say no listen first. Hope can only be played from 9pm to 9 am which would make it no problem to do that and school at the same time.” “I wasn’t even going to say no, but I do want one thing if you trust me.” “yeah we trust you Mark what do you want?” “Yeah Mark are we even friends for you to ask us to trust you after 2 years of having each other’s backs.” “Thanks guys, what I want is to be the main leader.” “Sure I was planning on giving it to you anyway the rest of us is to unbalanced to rule, Rick is more of a warrior type of guy and Luke is more of a civil servant while I’m just better with economics.” “thanks guys, well since the game is beginning on 01-09-2154 we have some time to make a plan.” “sounds good bro.”

Then Mark remembered that he needed a couple of things, so he made a calculation in his head. Because of the fact that Hope was so realistic they needed a special capsule to play it, those were around 50,000 credits each and he only had 10,000 by himself while working from 16 years old every weekday night in a restaurant. In this era where houses were priced from 60,000 to about 100,000 credits the fact that they would need 200,000 credits were astounding. He needed to think of thing which would let him raise 190,000 credits real fast or they would have bad start which would badly influence all the plans Mark had in store.

1