Chapter 11
90 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N: Sup guys. Sorry for not updating for a while. Kinda got depressed and wasn't really motivated to do anything productive. Because of that, it took a lot longer to finish this chapter. Anyways, please enjoy this chapter.

╭(°o_o)╮

____________________________________________

We're approaching the boars that we located earlier.

Our position is around 40 meters away from them. We're currently hiding behind a big tree.

They're over there on a small opening of the forest, eating and scavenging for food.

Hmmm, it seems that they're a family of boars. A mother boar and her 3 piglets.

But, it seems that once again, I have forgotten that this was a place of fantasy.

Normally, boars are around the size of a human. At least that's what they looked like, back in the human world.

But here, it's twice....

No, thrice the size of it.

The piglets that looked young are actually as big as me.

"Are we actually going to hunt those things?" (Kazu)

I asked Lillia in whispered voice.

"Yes." (Lillia)

A short and simple answer in a whispered voice.

Damn it, I thought this would be easy.

Ah right, when was something done easy in this world?

I guess a week of living in a peaceful place made me become naive again.

I need to remember the hardships I've went through. The island, the village, the forest. Fuck these places.

I need to focus.

"So, what's the plan?" (Kazu)

"See those 3 piglets eating berries right there? Since they're a little bit separated from their mother, you will hunt them. I will lure the mother away." (Lillia)

"Aren't those piglets strong?" (Kazu)

"Nope, totally harmless. I've dealt with a lot of stronger beasts and monsters in this forest, and those piglets are one of the weakest ones. Fighting them will be a good first experience for you." (Lillia)

Hmmm, I'm still not sure. But, let's just follow her words, she's obviously experienced in this kind of stuff.

"Okay, so out of both of us, who will move first?" (Kazu)

"Me of course. After I lure the mother away, you kill them as fast as possible since they will likely run. I will kill the mother. After killing them, come towards my direction." (Lillia)

"Alright, let's do this." (Kazu)

With her fingers, she made a 3 sign.

She then counted down using her fingers. 3, 2, 1.

She then circled around the small opening while running silently. As expected of an experienced hunter.

Then, she came out of the opposite side of the opening. Her position now is the at opposite of mine.

The mother boar looked surprised when she saw Lillia coming out of the bushes so suddenly.

*GROOOIINKK*

As the mother boar screamed, her children were alerted. But, since they were under the protection of their mother, their instincts told them that it was alright.

Lillia then shot an arrow towards the left eye of the big mother boar. Bullseye, it hit the left eye deeply.

*GROIIIIIINNNNNKKKK*

And as expected, it became enraged and chased after Lillia.

Seems like it got ticked off and decided to abandon it's children to chase off the one who hurt it's eye.

This is my chance!

I unsheathed one of the daggers that Lillia gave me.

I then came out of the cover of the trees as fast as I can and ran towards one of the piglets.

Shit, it looks so big that I'm getting scared of it.

Thankfully, I know that they're harmless.

As I'm now close to the piglet, using both of my hands, I swing my dagger in a stabbing motion.

*STAB*

Woah, it actually stuck into it's back. I thought it would be a lot tougher.

*GROIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINK*

It started thrashing it's body in panic.

Shit, I can't let go of this dagger, or else this piglet would escape.

*GROOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINKK*

"GAAAAAH!!" (Kazu)

Because of me not letting go of this dagger, my body is being swung around like a maniac.

Shit, now it's swinging me around even harder!

It's swinging me more, and more, and more, and more, and more.

Nooo! Now it started running!

I can't.... hold on for much longer....

It feels like I'm holding to this dagger like I'm holding for my own life.

How long has it been? A few seconds?

It's as if I've been holding this dagger for half an hour, while this monstrously huge piglet keeps thrashing it's body around, swinging me as well.

My hands are starting to get tired and sweaty.

Ah! My right hand slipped!

Oh no! My left hand is my weaker one, which means I can't hold this dagger for much longer!

That's it! Let's wait for the right moment and use my other dagger to stab it on it's stomach!

Then, while stabbing it's stomach, I can rip it open!

Then again, I'm not so sure I can do it.

Shit, I have no choice. If I don't bring this wretched piglet down, then I could lose my grip and get thrown away.

If that happens, then my bones would probably be broken.

Wait for it....

Now!

I stabbed it on it's stomach! Yay!

Now, I just need to rip it open!

"HUAAAAAGGHHH!" (Kazu)

I dragged the dagger on it's stomach as hard as I can.

*SPLUUURGE*

Ah! The blood is gushing out.

Oh this is nasty as fuck. The blood sprayed on my face.

Oh god, this smell of blood and intestines, is making me feel sick.

*SPLOTCH*

*SPLOTCH*

*GROIIIIIIIIIIIINK*

Uwaaah, it's innards are becoming outtards.

"BLUUUUURGHHH!!!" (Kazu)

While I puked, my hands became weak and they let go of the still thrashing and running piglet.

I got thrown away.

If someone saw this scene, they would see me, as a guy throwing up mid-air.

Anyway, while in mid-air, I saw the pig tilting on it's run.

*GROIIIINK*

Then, it hit a tree and collapsed.

*THWOMP*

Ah, I hit a tree as well.

While my body was covered in puke, I noticed that my left arm got twisted.

It got twisted really bad.

From the shoulder, down to the palm, it was twisted.

It's twisted so bad that the bones got twisted as well. Some of the bones were even sticking out.

When did it get twisted??

It must've gotten twisted while I was ripping that piglet's stomach. I never paid attention to my left arm, I was too focused on my right arm.

Fuck, it's bleeding so bad.

And it's not just my left hand that got hurt. Every part of my body got hurt.

While looking at my own body, it seems that my blood is mixing with my puke.

My body is losing blood more and more.

Ah, my vision is weakening. Is this my time to die?

What took it so long....

Huh, I guess I want to die?

No.

Shit, shit, shit.

I don't want to die.

Back then, I was scared to die. But I never really did want to live anymore.

Now, life has become much more enjoyable.

In that damnable elf village, the happiness that I felt, was a feeling of illusion.

I knew that it was fake happiness, because it was too good to be true.

The happiness that I felt on that village was truly like a dream.

But what I felt in the past 8 days was actually true happiness.

It felt so natural, so warm, so genuine.

So now that I'm dying again, I'm not feeling scared of death.

Rather, I feel regretful.

I feel regretful that I experienced a true and genuine happiness, only to die in just a few days later.

Please save me Lillia. Just like you saved me back then.

Ah, this is it. Fuck.

Darkness is enveloping me.

~To be continued....

3