11. The partner in Crime.
40 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Alex is dead,' Aiden was shocked. 'Just like that.' He didn't know how he was supposed to feel. Should he be happy, huh? Should he be mad? Satisfied or sad? He could not react at all.

*Boom*

The sound frightened him. It was around that time that he realized it was the beast that had fallen. And Alex was standing on the back, holding a blood-soaked spear of water. Alex had given Aiden a last look before he went to the camp.

'What happened?' Aiden muttered, and the system gave him an answer.

[The Captain had used a high tier spell [Water Clone].]

"High tier spell? [Water Clone]?" Aiden repeated the words of the system. His mind was confused about that. He underestimated Alex's strength. He never imagined that Alex was going to be so powerful.

[Wind Gale] is also an intermediate skill. And the tier above is a high-quality skill. Aiden couldn't dare to think about how much that mana would have cost.

"What am I supposed to do? Can I win against him? "Aiden hesitated.  He thought he was getting stronger, but the grade C beast mopped the floor with him while Alex took it down without a single scratch on his body.

"Just how powerful is he?" His heart throbbing, his stomach aching, the taste of blood still fresh in his mouth, but his brain was working overtime.

He was trying to come up with a plan to kill Alex. 'Tell me how many of the skills he'd used, and their grade.' Aiden didn't dare ask out loud.

[Passive skill: 1

Innate Skill: 1

Basic grade: 17

Intermediate grade: 3

High grade:1

Advanced grade:0

]

'A passive skill?' Aiden couldn't believe that. It was hard to believe that he had a high-grade skill, and now there's passive skill? With enough money, you could have a high-quality skill, but a passive skill is harder to get and hardest to master. 'What's the skill?'

[Innate skill: [Multicasting].

Passive Skill: [Mana Acceleration]]

'It is not time to praise your enemy', He slapped himself before asking,'Can you calculate the mana cost of the skill?'

[Basic grade: 28

Intermediate grade: 36-39

High grade:42-56

]

'He's a 3 B grade mage so his mana should be 559-699 ...' When he realized that Alex had an enormous amount of mana, he felt lost. Fighting Alex until he's used all his mana is going to be hard for Aiden, even if he's at his top.

'And I don't think there's a shuttle pod near this place. Even if I'm going back to Levi's, no, no. I can't do that. I can't leave Elijah here.' The more he thought of it, the more hopeless he felt.

'That's it!' There was a smile in his lips, thinking about it, 'Yes, I should use that. Four out of one. It's not going to fail me with the first blow.

Swallowing his pain Aiden jumped up and walked towards the camp. The other howlers had fled the camp without hesitation as soon as their leader had died.

As soon as he returned to the camp, Elijah jumped into his embrace, making him groan in pain.

"Are you all right?" Looking at the concerned Elijah, Aiden could no longer control himself. He hugged Elijah, and she didn't resist.

"Leave the camp," Aiden whispered to her ear.

"What?" Elijah struggled to free herself, but Aiden did not let her go.

"Believe in me. He won't be coming after you again."

She forced her way out of his embrace. She asked while she was looking at him, "What are you going to do? You can't beat him that way. He's got two innate skills. I can help you," she shook her head, "No, we should just run away."

"Can't you believe me again?" Aiden looked at her, and she was about to say something.

"Aiden…" Looking at Alex, Aiden released her, "Just go." Then he went towards Alex.

"Let me get my medicine first," Aiden said with a smile.

And slowly he walked to the other side of the camp. Just as he was about to grab his bag, Alex said, "Where are you going, Elijah?"

Aiden quickly grabbed the Redhawk from the bag and yelled, "Alex?"

Alex, who was less than ten meters away from him, turned towards him. Aiden lifted the gun, "You deserve it, Bastard," and pulled the trigger.

* Boom*

The thunderous boom silenced the dark forest as blood scattered everywhere.

The forest had never been so quiet before. Asher was panting because of the battle with the golden howlers, but he couldn't believe his eyes. "Is this a gun?" he muttered.

Elijah, who just ran away a little while ago, came back running. Nobody was more surprised than her when she saw that Aiden was holding a gun.

Alex was holding his face. Even when blood was flowing on the side of his face, he couldn't believe it. The actual situation of his wound could not be seen, but the water mana was trying to heal his wound as soon as it appeared.

[The host attacked a senior officer on duty. The host will face the charges after the mission has ended.]

Aiden acted like he couldn't hear it, but he was more surprised that he missed it. His right hand had already been wounded by the night howler. And now he was bleeding from the place between his thumb and index finger due to his inexperienced handling.

'Didn't you tell me it was accurate within 25 metres?' He was sure that the distance between them was less than 10, but he still missed it.

[The host has no prior knowledge of the use of this firearm. High recoil makes it harder for beginners to control.]

'I missed it. So what? If one-shot is not enough then…'

*Kaboom*

Another shot made the forest shake. Asher and Elijah were stunned, not knowing how to respond.

Alex, on the other hand, was calm. As soon as he saw movement in Aiden's bloody hand, he jumped out of the way. And the shot missed its target.

Aiden was unable to hold the gun, to begin with, and the blood made it worse. The gun left his hand as soon as he pulled the trigger and sent the bullet to its unknown destination.

"What are you doing there? Do you want to kill me?" Alex yelled in outrage.

"Do you have any questions about this?" Aiden retaliated in rage. He was a bit shocked when the gun slipped out of his hand, but he decided to attack with his bare hands.

Alex never expected the situation to turn out that way. Even before he could stand on his leg, Aiden had already landed three blows on him. He was about to land the fourth, but he was sent to fly with a burst of water mana.

Alex was struggling to stand up. The bleeding on the side of his face had stopped. Now he's missing an ear.

Three water rings formed from the water mana and began to rotate around Alex like a gyroscope. His eyes were red, his fist clenched tight. Before turning to Elijah, he looked at Aiden, "YOU? I am..."

"You're going to die," Aiden yelled at him as he punched. But the second ring deflected it before the punch could reach its final destination. Alex took the opportunity to kick Aiden, sending him down to the ground.

"No one will die. Listen to me. "Alex yelled.

"Huh!"  Aiden jumped back on his feet before charging at him again, "Can you say for sure that nobody is going to die?"

[Skill [Reduce Drag] activated. Mana used:1/ 20 min. Remaining Mana: 62]

[Skill [Wind Skin] activated. Mana used:2/ 20 min. Remaining Mana: 60]

"Listen to me, darn it." Alex jumped back, as many droplets of water were condensed around him. "It wasn't me."

"What the hell are you talking about, Alex?" His speed improved with [Reduce Drag]. Before Alex could say anything Aiden appeared before him.

[Skill [Air Punch] activated. Mana used:1. Remaining Mana: 59]

Alex was out of reach even with [Air Punch]. The radius of the outer ring, protecting Alex, was almost two meters in diameter. Although Aiden was able to bypass it, the second ring stopped all of his attacks.

With the water spear appearing on Alex's side, Aiden jumped back to get out of his range. As soon as he took a step back, [Water Bullet] grazed on the side of his stomach.

Yet the attack did not stop there. Almost 20 bullets, formed around Alex, kept raining down on Aiden. Aiden didn't have a chance to attack as more bullets, and a few [Water Missile] were forming behind Alex.

"Listen to me, Aiden, I didn't do it," Alex yelled after breathing.

Aiden, on the other hand, had a hard time avoiding the barrage of bullets. [Wind Skin] reduced the efficiency of all the bullets that had scratched him. However, the wounds were still piled up.

"What the hell didn't you do, Alex?" Even if he jumped back and forth, his voice was steady. He spared no effort to listen to the words of Alex, but Aiden's eyes continued to observe Alex's movements, without losing a single hand gesture.

[Skill [Wind Burst] activated. Mana used:2. Remaining Mana: 57]

[Skill [Wind Burst] activated. Mana used:2. Remaining Mana: 55]

The first one sent him to his left, where the density of the [Water Bullet] was lower. And as soon as his heel touched the ground, another [Wind Burst] propelled him forward.

'You can't send the [Water Bullet] backwards, can you? 'Aiden was smiling in his heart. 'At the last moment, you can tweak the angle slightly, but you can't turn it around and attack at the back.'

Yet his happiness did not last long. He had to move away as soon as he landed, as the new set of new [Water Bullet] had already formed, and...

[Skill [Wind Burst] activated. Mana used:2. Remaining Mana: 53]

If the [Wind Burst] had not been used at the last moment, the water missile would have taken a large chunk of him.

"What the hell are you doing, Asher? Help me." Alex's sudden cry frightened Asher. A moment of hesitation, before he ran to Elijah.

"Stop it, Aiden." Asher shouted, holding his dagger at her throat, "If you don't stop, Elijah will get hurt."

2