Chapter 09
15k 26 272
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Since Leon could manipulate earth, water, and wind, he also needs to manipulate fire. However, he was aware of the fact that one would be difficult because he would have to mix oxygen, heat, and fuel to create it. It was also time to light up the campfire, so he approached it.

“Mmm…”

Leon tried to control his mana while connecting oxygen, heat, and fuel, but then he stopped. How could he control heat? Although he could feel the heat like the air...

Leon really wanted to learn that skill, but after trying several times, he gave up. He still was a newbie using mana, but he doubted that he would be able to control and understand it to the point where he would be able to control light itself.

“I shouldn’t get too greedy here… I should feel content that I manage to pull off those crazy things.”

Leon lit the campfire the usual way and started to practice his earth manipulation, but then he stopped because he was feeling itchy all over his body. It was time to clean himself.

“Oh, man… how will I survive here wearing the same tattered and dirty clothes?”

His shirt was long gone, his sneakers wouldn’t be of any use while he stays on that island. So, Leon’s clothes were basically his briefs and trousers, and those were already making his parts all itchy since he didn’t clean them in three days.

“Well, there is no one nearby, so it is okay.”

Leon took off his clothes to wash in the ocean before the night comes; he would need them to sleep since his clothes were the only things that made him feel comfortable on that island. However, Leon stopped when he approached the ocean and saw several weird looking fishes with red eyes.

“What the fuck is that?”

Leon staggered and fell on his butt because those fishes were too close to the beach. They were so close that Leon could probably step on them before the water reaches his knees. Despite that, what really grabbed his attention was their appearances. Aside from the red eyes, they had fangs leaving the mouths, and their fins looked very sturdy and sharp. Leon’s suspicions were right, many other monsters came to earth aside from dragons, and those fish looked like wanted to eat him.

“Now that I think about it… I don’t feel all that itchy anymore…”

Leon made a mental note to check the other parts of the island the next day, but he wasn’t expecting much. It looked like those weird fish had been there for quite a long time, somehow they could sense him, so they probably would chase him.

“Things were going too well… I guess it was time to find some problems.”

 

Congratulations! The skill Earth Manipulation has leveled up.

You obtained 01 status points.

Congratulations! The skill Earth Manipulation has leveled up.

You obtained 01 status points.

Congratulations! The skill Craft has leveled up.

You obtained 01 status points.

Congratulations! The skill Craft has leveled up.

You obtained 01 status points.

 

Leon carved out arrows and practiced Earth Manipulation once he started to feel sleepy. Now that he had two plans and two ways to leave that island, he could work hard every moment of his waking life. However, since that day, he didn’t move all that much. He wasn’t all that tired, and while he was trying to sleep, he recalled the dire situation he was in and started to miss his family.

“Father, Mother, Amanda…”

Leon was trying really hard to forget the fact that he was alone on that island, but it was hard to keep his mind busy for so many hours straight. It was even harder to forget that he was alone in the night. Where one tends to recall his or her memories…

Leon made a mental note to move his body more the next day, in order to fall asleep as soon as he lay down. He was in a situation where he couldn’t afford to feel lonely or worry about others. He had to focus every single nerve of his head on the task of returning home.

The next day, Leon woke up when he heard that familiar and unnerving roar. A dragon was nearby, and he started to tremble. His shelter was inside the forest, but anyone could see that by concentrating their eyes since it wasn’t all that well-hidden. The chances were dim, but Leon could be rescued, so he had to live nearby the beach.

While he was trembling like a leaf, the sound of the dragon disappeared in the distance, but when Leon left his shelter, he saw a red thing disappearing in the distance.

“Another dragon that can spit fire…”

If possible, Leon didn’t want to see any dragon much less a dragon that can spit fire for the rest of his life. Despite the fact that he survived a plane crash, he was aware that he wasn’t all that lucky. It looked like he was destined to be tormented by them…

Thanks to the unpleasant surprise, the coconut Leon ate seemed a bit less delicious than usual. While he was eating, he noticed that the leaves that he planted had become a tree.

Baby Tree

Mana: 1/50

Leon could also replant trees, so he didn’t have to worry about firewood or someday running out of feedstock to create arrows. It looked like for the time being, those could grow by themselves, and he didn’t need wood all that much anyway. So, he left it alone.

“I need more mana and recovery… if I obtain those, I will be able to practice earth manipulation and the other skills more and thus obtain more free status points. I did intend to increase my recovery, but if I increase my mana, the plan to run over water will have to be discarded… Now what?”

272