Chapter 03
17.2k 19 298
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After just a few minutes of exploration, Leon confirmed that he wouldn’t die of hunger in that island. He didn’t find a single animal there, but coconuts and bananas could be found there in abundance. However, he didn’t find anything that could resemble a medicinal herb, and he didn’t find any ponds either. Leon only explored a small part of that island, but the chances of him finding clean water were quite low.

“Shit… give me a break, at least give me some room to breathe.”

Leon knew he could quench his thirst by drinking coconut water, but he doubted that he would last long drinking only that.

Congratulations! The skill Perception has leveled up.

You obtained 01 status points.

Congratulations! The skill Perception has leveled up.

You obtained 01 status points.

Congratulations! The skill Perception has leveled up.

You obtained 01 status points.

 

At least Leon skills were leveling up, and his free status was pilling up, those would be essential for him to survive until he gets rescued. However, when Leon thought that…

“Will I even be rescued? Will someone look for me? No… don’t think about it. One problem at a time.”

Leon gave up on finding medicinal herbs, he couldn’t even differentiate those from regular flowers, so it was better to think of a different solution, or he would end up poisoning himself.

“Let’s see… I have to fix my knees without surgery and without relying on any conventional method since I’m not a doctor… my medical knowledge of how to fix bones is close to none. So, in that case, I can only do one thing… use brute strength and endure the pain.”

Leon was pretty sure that status and skills would be essential for his future, he couldn’t use them to solve every single one of his problems. However, it was the only thing he could do to fix his knees.

“When did I become such a muscle-head?”

Leon wondered that while he took off his shirt and tore it in two pieces, he returned to the ocean and cleaned it because it was the only thing he could use as a bandage.

Congratulations! You have learned the skill: Fire Resistance.

You obtained 01 status points.

 

While Leon was waiting for his ‘bandages’ to dry up, he noticed that that island was very warm, warm to the point that he obtained a new skill. It looked like many actions could become skills, so Leon decided to test that theory. He found a shell near him and threw it back to the ocean.

Congratulations! You have learned the skill: Throw.

You obtained 01 status points.

It was another active skill, so it became obvious to Leon that active skills were the ones he would have to use by acting while passive skills would work independently of his own will.

“Let’s see… what more can I do to learn more skills? I will need some free status points if I want to endure the pain.”

Leon looked around, picked another shell, and threw at a random tree. However, he missed, and nothing happened, but in his second try, he hit it and received another notification.

Congratulations! You have learned the skill: Accuracy.

You obtained 01 status points.

 

Leon looked around once again, but this time didn’t find anything he could use. He sighed in exasperation because he thought that he was smarter than that.

“I guess studying abroad didn’t make me sharp… just a little more knowledgeable.”

To endure the pain, Leon put all his eight free status points in endurance. Maybe putting some point in mentality would help as well, but he decided to go by decreasing the pain as much as possible. He needed to fix his knees, and to do that, he needed to put the bones in the right place so that the recovery can do its magic.

Leon breathed in and out several times to calm his nerves; this time, he would directly touch a gravely damaged area of his body, so the pain would be even more intense. Leon carefully put the bandages around his right knee, and when the time came, in a single movement, he put all the broken bones where they were supposed to be using the bandages.

The pain made Leon’s body tremble from head to toe, the pain almost made him lose control over his nervous system, and the shivers made his heart grow cold. Blood spattered around his body, and the sound of tattered flesh being moved disgusted him. Despite that, he endured the whole pain for several seconds until he tied up the bandages and fixed the position of his knees. When he finished, he left his back fall on the hot sand.

Despite the tropical weather, Leon was trembling as if he was in the south pole. He was also sweating cold… However, he managed to stay conscious until the very end.

Congratulations! The skill Pain Resistance has leveled up.

You obtained 01 status points.

Congratulations! The skill Pain Resistance has leveled up.

You obtained 01 status points.

 

“I guess this skill really decreased the amount of pain I was supposed to feel by doing something so reckless… Ugh.”

With every heartbeat, Leon felt his right knee throbbing. The pain was supposed to be far worse than that, but he wouldn’t complain about that convenient situation. Leon checked his right leg, and despite the small bleeding, everything was in its proper place. After ten minutes, he felt his lost health recovering, and fortunately, Leon regained control over his right leg. It wasn’t totally healed, but it looked like he had done everything well.

“Now, I just have to do the same with the left knee… Oh, boy…”

Despite the success of his first try, Leon hesitated. The pain was too intense, and even with the help of the pain resistance skill, he couldn’t help but try to delay the inevitable. In the end, he just clenched his teeth and endured the pain once again before losing consciousness.

298