Chapter 07
15.5k 22 282
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Congratulations! The skill Accuracy has leveled up.

You obtained 01 status points.

Congratulations! The skill Accuracy has leveled up.

You obtained 01 status points.

 

It was a very silly thing to do, but Leon spent the entire morning throwing shells at a tree. He thought he would be able to level up that skill much more times after doing that hundreds of times, but it looked like repetition wasn’t entirely the key to earn the free status point.

“Mmm… maybe the intensity is as important as the repetition is.”

Leon decided to throw the shells with all his might, and he could sense his stamina being used, and then the Throw skill was activated. After the twentieth shot, he received a notification.

Congratulations! The skill Accuracy has leveled up.

You obtained 01 status points.

 

“As I expected… the more effort I put into those actions, the faster the skills will level up.”

Leon noticed a slight improvement in his accuracy, thanks to that, he was quite eager to keep doing that, but he stopped when he heard his stomach growling.

“It looks like I became a powerful engine, but the engine consumes too much fuel…”

Coconuts were quite a complete meal, but Leon was tired of breaking them. Soon, he would have to worry about storing water, and there was nothing better nearby than the coconuts.

“I need a knife. A fork also would help…”

While Leon was eating the coconut’s meat, he started to walk around looking for a sharp stone. There weren’t many rocks on that island, so the number of pebbles was quite small. Leon didn’t found a sharp stone, but he found one that could be sharpened. He had to put quite an effort to sharpen that stone without breaking it, but he was quite satisfied with the result. He could easily give shape to small pieces of wood with his improvised knife, so perhaps it was time to make good use of the Craft and Accuracy skills.

Leon recalled the documentary he saw one time of how old archers made their own bows. They looked for some resilient branches, cleaned them, and they put several of those together. After that, they used plant fibers as a string. Leon had a hard time finding those branches, but at least he found enough to make a bow with a good grip. However, he stopped because it was getting late again. This time he wouldn’t fail on the preparations for the campfire.

Almost everything was ready, so Leon noticed why he failed; the stones he found to create the spark were covered in mold, and the sea breeze also made everything difficult. Once he got rid of those obstacles, he finally lit up the campfire. The night of that island wasn’t that cold, but the warmth and the light of the campfire were more than welcome.

After making sure the campfire was stable, Leon resumed his task of creating a bow. Now that he had some extra hours of light where he could work, he had time to finish the bow.

Congratulations! The skill Craft has leveled up.

You obtained 01 status points.

Congratulations! The skill Craft has leveled up.

You obtained 01 status points.

 

The bow was a shorty and quite rustic, but it wasn’t all that bad for a first try. More important than that, it made Leon keep his mind busy, instead of endlessly worrying about every single thing that could happen.

With his belly full after eating two coconuts, Leon fell asleep without noticing due to the exhaustion of the two previous days.

When Leon woke up, he was starving again. He opened another coconut with his improvised knife and the put near it where he had put the last coconut shell, but then he noticed that it had disappeared. In the place where he was sure he put, he saw a small plant.

“Mmm? I’m pretty sure I put it here…”

Now that he had finally noticed that, Leon didn’t find the broken parts of the coconut he broke, nor could he see the remainings of the bananas. It didn’t look like the wind made those move, even his improvised shelter looked the same. So the wind wasn’t responsible for that. Leon only understood what happened when he touched that small plant.

Coconut Baby Tree

Mana: 1/100

 

Leon frowned when he saw that, it was probably the effects of his analysis skill, but then started to wonder why he didn’t see any screen like when he completed his bow. Regardless, after touching the plant for a few seconds, Leon felt something leaving his finger; after that, the mana in that small tree went up by one point.

“What will happen when this thing obtains one hundred points of mana? Come to think of it… I should find a way to use mana too.”

Congratulations! You have learned the skill: Mana Transfusion.

You obtained 01 status points.

 

As if someone had heard Leon’s thought, he received that notification. He finally found a skill which could make him use mana, but it wasn’t all that useful. Instead, when he transferred mana to the tree again, he felt light-headed.

Leon was curious about what would happen if that tree obtains that amount of mana, and since he wanted to make use of his new skill to gain more status, he decided to transfer it whenever possible. With the passage of the time, the tree grew and grew until it became the size of an ordinary coconut tree. However, when it had one hundred mana points. It dropped three coconuts and became sand.

“What the… that was scary.”

 

Congratulations! You have learned the skill: Farming.

You obtained 01 status points.

 

Leon checked those three coconuts, but he didn’t find any difference in them. He also hesitated in eating them, but once he did, he didn’t notice any difference in the taste either. Rather it looked even more delicious than usual… Just like that, Leon discovered that he wouldn’t die of hunger or thirst in that island.

282