Chapter 58
8.9k 7 154
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Before he could enter the dungeon, Leon decided to ask some questions. He had no other choice but to solve the situation, but first, he had to know a few things.

“What do you know about the big trolls?” Leon asked.

“They are tough to kill...” Ren showed a pale face. “Although they aren’t as dangerous as a megalodon, they have the same regeneration speed. Since their bodies are smaller than megalodons, it looks like they are almost immortal with their regeneration speed.”

“If that is the case, how do the people around here usually kill it?” Leon asked.

“They used weapons enchanted with fire,” Ren explained. “The flames slow down their regeneration, but only to the point where a group of ten powerful survivors must fight for one hour before they obtain the chance to destroy their heads and hearts.”

“They don’t get smaller when they regenerate?” Leon asked.

“No, their blood is like a highly concentrated health potion,” Ren answered. “That is why they don’t lose weight. It is said that their blood can even regenerate lost limbs.”

That was quite impressive, even though Leon’s body can recover from terrible wounds thanks to the recovery, he always wondered if he could regenerate a lost limb with that alone... now he knows that he can’t.

“Isn’t if fine? If the survivors here managed to kill the big trolls, they could do it again.” Leon looked quite relieved, knowing that he hadn’t to enter a cave where monsters could regenerate so fast alone.

“... Only one team could defeat the bosses,” Ren sighed. “And that team got wiped out this morning.”

Leon sighed too, even though he expected to face some hardships, he didn’t expect that he would have to enter a nest of such creatures. Although he was fine killing megalodons, he was only fine doing that from a safe distance. He would never get close to their habitat because, in a battle on equal grounds, he would be utterly defeated.

“Tch... if only I could absorb the mana of this damn thing,” Leon said while looking at the slime core he was using to try to learn how to absorb mana.

It was a pain, but Leon would have to work hard with the cards in his hands. He still had no idea how to absorb mana from objects, so he had no other choice but to enter the dungeon and try to solve that problem alone.

It looked like the blood of the bosses of that dungeon would sell for a lot of coins or could save Leon’s life at some point. However, to obtain that, he also had to put himself at risk… in the end, he decided to burn them all to a crisp. It was unpleasant to even think about using it, but he would have to content himself with the blood of the smallest trolls.

“Come to think of it…why can their blood heal us?

We aren’t vampires.”

As if the dungeon wasn't cold enough, the wind was blowing from the inside to the outside. Leon wanted to create a Fire Ball to warm his body but decided to conserve his mana. Soon the first troll appeared, since Leon was trembling due to the cold, Leon lost the chance to attack first. The monster kicked the ground, making a pillar of ice appear; after that, the monster hit the pillar of ice with an ice club. Several fragments of ice flew toward Leon; he blocked them all by creating an earth wall.

“Shit… I’m already spending mana like a fool.”

Before the monster could try again or approach, Leon shot two Fire Arrows, one at the head and the other in the monster’s heart. The creature received a shock and tried to resist, but died in the end.

“As expected, it is not strong enough to kill it instantly.”

It probably wouldn’t even scratch the bosses, but it was enough against the small ones. When Leon approached the creature, he finally noticed how troublesome that creature could be. It was two and a half meters tall and its weapon, the ice club was the size of Leon. If something like that hits someone who doesn’t have a lot of health or endurance like Leon, it would be an instant-kill. Regardless, the creature was also three times larger than himself, and its skin was blue.

Leon touched the blood that it was falling from the wounds, but he felt nothing weird. It was just normal red blood, but when he concentrated his eyes, he saw some crystalized particles flowing through the blood. It was probably mana…

“I wonder if I can use my mana to make my blood like that… it would be great if I hadn’t to lose weight to recover my wounds.”

It would be great if Leon could learn how to heal wounds, but it looked like that skill was extremely rare, that was why troll’s blood was so valuable. He could increase his health, stamina, and several other statuses by using Mana Reinforcement, but it wasn’t the same thing. Troll’s blood was naturally like that… Regardless, Leon kept moving.

Although Leon wanted to solve that situation as fast as possible because he had other dungeons to clear, he decided to be careful since he wouldn’t be able to use his mobility there. To make matters worse, the number of encounters was stupid; his mana regeneration barely was enough to keep Leon moving without running out of mana.

Twelve hours later, Leon finally found the crystal and discovered why he had to fight so much. The big trolls that were summoned when the survivor went mad were around the crystal and pouting their blood in the crystal. Usually, the crystal would summon five to six monsters every ten minutes, but thanks to the trolls’ blood, the double of that were being summoned.

“That is quite the shady ritual they are doing there…”

154