Kigal-Note: Skills
1.3k 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Skills:

On Terra Sol, people and creatures can obtain special abilities known as Skills.

Almost all skills, except for two special groups, can reach a skill level of 50. Skills that have reached Lv.50 can be traded for a higher-ranking skill. This process is called "Skill Evolution".

When a skill reaches a certain level, a derivative skill gets unlocked in the Skill Shop. Obtaining a class will also unlock new skills. In this case, the skills will be related to that class.

One can also use several skills at certain levels for a Skill Merge Evolution, where you obtain a new, advanced skill that combines the effects of all the component skills.

Skills that lack skill levels are perfected skills, and they cannot be improved anymore.

The different skill categories:

  • Ability Skills:
    • Skills that can alter one's status values.
      • This also includes special skills that enhance the skill holder's body to withstand the strain of status values higher than what their body can handle.
  • Attack Skills:
    • Skills that are used for attacks. Can be divided into three sub-categories:
      1. Arts: Special moves used with weapons. A single Art Skill includes many varieties of Arts.
      2. Normal: Skills that are enhanced versions of attacks one can do without any skills. 
      3. Mystic: Special attacks that are on the borderline to be magic.
  • Magic Skills:
    • Skills that are used to perform magic. Can be divided into two sub-categories:
      • Spell Book: Skills that allow instant use of magic spells recorded in the skill. One can unlock new spells by leveling up the skill level, or through other special means.
      • Spell Style: Skills that allow one to use magic spells in a specific type of way. Needs to work together with Spell Book skills to work.
  • Crafting Skills:
    • Skills that improve one's ability to create items. It can also be skills that allow instant reproduction of items through the use of MP or SP, plus the needed materials.
  • Active Skills:
    • Skills that require specific costs and conditions to be used. All such skills that do not fall into the other categories are placed here.
  • Passive Skills:
    • Skills that are in constant use. All such skills that do not fall into the other categories are placed here.
  • Resistance Skills:
    • Skills that alter one's resistance to certain attributes.
  • Perception Skills:
    • Skills that alter one's ability to collect or conceal information.
  • Leadership Skills:
    • Skills that alter one's ability to cooperate with others.
  • Element Skills:
    • Skills that grant artificial attributes to the user.
      • One will obtain the same cost reduction and effect enhancement as those of the racial attribute(s) to certain degrees.
  • Monster Skills:
    • Skills that require certain traits to obtain.
    • The name originates from that over 90% of these types of skills require the traits of monsters.
  • Extra Skills:
    • Skills that have too much power, or are too strange, to be considered a member of the previous skill categories.
    • The highest skill level for Extra Skills is Lv.10.
    • Extra Skills are divided into 3 sub-categories:
      • Heroic Skills: Based on certain figures in legends and stories in worlds other than Terra Sol.
      • Monstrous Skills: Based on monsters on, and away from, Terra Sol. 
      • Void Skills: Skills that have an attribute different from the main 12 base attributes, and their combination attributes.

Alvatria's comment: Remember that Darkness attribute skills are the best skills.

Garami's comment: Don't blow on your own horn like that! Why you lousy goddess!!

20