Kigal-Note/Undead/Special: Lich
568 5 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Name: Lich
Rank: C+
Type: Undead (various)
Lifespan: Uncalculatable
Attribute: Undead
Traits: High Undead, No-Life Body

Description:

Liches. No-Life kings and the ruler of the undead. They are sorcerers and sorceresses who threw away their living flesh to gain the power of the living dead. 

A Lich is born once someone clears a special Legacy Quest that one can only start by having the skill [Soul Jar], a skill only attainable by having the Necromancer class as their main class. Once they clear this Quest, they will gain the choice to evolve into a Lich-species once they reach their species' level-cap.

Note that Liches are not a pre-determined enemy to humanity. Many of them can still retain their ego from when they were alive, so being hostile to them without any evidence may lead to stupidly angering a king of the undead without any good reasons. Though, as they were Necromancers already when they were alive, the odds for this are close to none.

Appearance:

The appearance of a Lich can variate greatly between the individuals. During the ritual to unlock the Lich-line evolution, one needs to offer a certain amount of their humanity to the [Soul Jar]. The more they offer, the more power they obtain when they evolve into a Lich. However, it also means they lose more of their human appearance once they evolve.

Liches can therefore be separated into three groups:
the group that offers as little as possible of their humanity, therefore retaining most of their appearance before evolving,
the group that offers much, but not all, of their humanity and takes an appearance similar to a Zombie,
and the crazy group that offers as much as possible and ends up looking no different from Skeletons.

Abilities:

Average HP: C Average MP: C+ Average SP: C
Average STR: C Average VIT: C Average MAG: C+
Average RES: C+ Average SPD: C Average DEX: C
Average INT: C+ Rarity: A Danger Rank: B+

A Lich's power is incredible, and its stats are rounded around the board, but they keep an advantage in the magic-related stats. This advantage will further grow depending on how much of their humanity they sacrifice to the [Soul Jar], and in extreme cases, their magic-stats may become half a rank higher than shown here. This status table shown here represents the Liches that retain most of their humanity.

As one can expect, Liches specializes in Necromancy, and they are capable of creating an army of undead if they want to, far surpassing the limits of what a living Necromancer can do. They also have access to the [Lord of Necromancy] skill that can pay MP to increase their Material-count, which they use to create new undead servants for themselves.

This does not mean that Liches can't use magics of other schools. Quite the opposite. More than once have there been reported about Liches using magic spells of several schools to support their undead army. Sometimes even at the same time! There has even been reported about Liches who starts specializing themselves in Warrior-Sub Classes they have, turning them into an atypical battlemage.

Mira's comment: ......These guys can do anything they want!!

Revi's comment: What shall I do? My graveyards will be doomed if something like this comes to rob it...!

11