Kigal-Note/Extra Skills: [Divine Protection]
514 4 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Skill: Divine Protection
Skill Type: Extra Skill
Skill Tier: Ex
Attribute: Holy
Effect:
  • Increase the owner's stats depending on the amount of protection they receive from their divine patron.
    • All stats except INT and LUC are subjective to this effect.
    • Minimum increase: 100
    • Maximum increase: 1,000
  • Drastically improve self-recovery of HP, MP, and SP, depending on the amount of protection the skill owner receives from their divine patron.
  • Grants new skills each time this skill gains a level. 
    • Skills obtained are semi-random based on the skill owner's divine patron.

Description:

[Divine Protection] is a god's blessing taken shape in the form of a skill. It can only be obtained through special Blessings given by the gods themselves, and those who obtain this skill will, whether they like it or not, become an agent of that god.

The most obvious strength of this skill is its ability to drastically improve the owner's stats by a value from 100 to 1,000. The amount is decided by the god who granted the skill, meaning that one will obtain more strength if the skill owner faces someone that opposes said divinity, and they will gain less strength if they fight an ally of the god.

A less known ability of this skill is its effect to charge the skill owner's HP, MP, and even SP through the divine essence of their patron. This makes [Divine Protection] one of the few, if not the only, skill to directly recover SP. Due to this, it is falsely mistaken that this effect is an improvement to self-recovery rather than a direct recovery.

The last ability of [Divine Protection] is to grant the skill owner a new skill each time [Divine Protection] gains a new level. These skills are directly linked to [Divine Protection], so should this skill be taken out of commission, the obtained skills will disappear.

There are no limits for what skills the skill owner can obtain through this effect, except for Extra Skills other than [Hero] and [Demon King], and there are no other requirements needed for the skills. Even the mentioned [Hero] skill can be obtained without the skill owner having a positive Karma Value of 200, which would be normally required for that skill.

Finally, [Divine Protection] is powered by the god that granted the skill, meaning that one cannot interfere with [Divine Protection] unless one has equal or greater power than the god in question. This also has some drawbacks, as the owner of the skill's soul will be gradually shaved off due to the intense pressure that this skill inflicts onto the skill owner's soul.

In the end, the skill owner will be nothing more than the puppet of the god that granted them the skill, making this "blessing" closer to a "curse". 

Alf's comment: You don't say...I still want to clobber that guy.

Revi's comment: Eh, won't be any different from how he acts today. I also want to smash his face in though.

22