Kigal-Note/Magician Classes: Paranormal Painter
498 11 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Class:
Paranormal Painter
Type: Magician/Artisan Class
Rank: Advance
Unlock Requirements:
  • Class: Painter
  • Class: Magic Librarian
  • MAG: 300
  • DEX: 300
  • Skill: [Ink Demon] or similar skill(s) at level 50.
  • Skills: [Magic Recording] and [Magic Library] at level 50.
  • Complete the Quest: "A Painter's Worldview".
Effects:
  • Alters the growth of mentioned stats:
    • MAG growth increase [Normal]
    • RES growth increase [Normal]
    • DEX growth increase [Normal]
  • Unlocks skills related to the paranormal arts of painting.
  • Recipe Effect (Paintings/Magic Tomes).
Skills obtained by advancing in the Paranormal Painter Class:
Obtained from Main Class only: [Mana Burst (Ink) Lv.1]
Obtained at Lv.1: [Paranormal Brush Lv.1]
Obtained at Lv.1: [Paranormal Scrolls Lv.1] Obtained at Lv.10: [Paranormal Artistry (Painting) Lv.1]
Obtained at Lv.20: [Paranormal Library Lv.1] Obtained at Lv.30: [Ink Servants Lv.1] 
Obtained at Lv.40: [Instant Image Lv.1]
Obtained at Lv.50: [Painted World Lv.1]

Description:

The Paranormal Painters are those who are treated as "mad artists" who have sold their soul to creatures of the unknown in exchange for the power to let their brushes spread their ink onto reality and paint the mad painter's visions onto the real world.

The first skills that allows the Paranormal Painter to pervert the world we know are the [Paranormal Brush] skill, which improves their ability to paint with specific brush-items and acts as the key component for later paranormal-type skills, and [Paranormal Scrolls], a skill that allows one to create paper and ink to draw special scrolls that can reproduce the painter's abilities. Other people need to pay a good chunk of MP to use it, but the Paranormal Painter themselves does not need to.

Then, we come to the true first skill that alters reality: [Paranormal Artistry (Painting)]. Through the usage of the [Paranormal Brush], the artist can paint realistic images and make them part of our reality. A single stroke with the brush will become the slash of a sword. A painted rock will fall onto the enemy.

However, the painted objects will not last for long, despite the great freedom of choice this skill grants its owner. In addition, the Paranormal Painter is, ironically, not capable of granting "paranormal" effects to whatever they are painting. It is only a reproduction of something that physically exists, but in the end, it is a counterfeit.

They can create walls and fires, yes, but they cannot trap people in ice, since that is "altering what already exists" instead of "adding a new object to the world". In addition, since the paintings are essentially ink, they cannot be used as a replacement for food or drink. The paintings will also disappear with time.

[Paranormal Library] is a skill that combines both aspects of [Magic Recording] and [Magic Library], improves the MP-consumption in favor of the artist, plus it allows them to also record the effect of other skills into the library, not just magic spells. At high levels, it is possible to even record weaker Extra Skills' effects.

[Ink Servants] is an evolution of Ink attribute skills that produce pawns for the owner through using ink as a component. This method is one of the few ways to evolve these sorts of skills. [Ink Servants] allows the painter to produce any creatures they like through paint, but the realism and abilities of the Servants depend on this skill's level and the painter's talent with the brush.

[Instant Image] is a quick-use skill that lets the painter produce paintings or use [Paranormal Artistry (Painting)] in an, well, instant. The MP usage and the speed of the images improve as this skill's level increases.

[Painted World] is the greatest ability of the Paranormal Painter. It allows them to create a painting that acts as another world, where they can push people into the painting and lock them there until the victim finds the obligatory path to escape that the artist is forced to add to their work. At higher levels, the painter can even create something close to teleport gates by making a pair of sister paintings that act as a gate connected to its counterpart.

Noire's comment: [Ink Servant]...-!!? Does that mean...a harem of Lady Filyn!! What a dreamy skill!!

Alf's comment: Hey, if your lady gets the know-how of what you're planning there, she's going to bust you up so good that the dream of yours will turn into a nightmare. Even if it's you.

14