Kigal-Note/Magician Classes: Warlock (ver 2)
372 4 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Class:
Warlock
Type: Magician Class
Rank: Intermediate
Unlock Requirements:
  • MP at 100 or more
  • RES at 100 or more
  • Negative Karma Value of 100 or more
  • Obtaining a contract with an evil creature, or an evil god.
Effects:
  • Alters the growth of mentioned stats:
    • MP growth increase [Small]
    • RES growth increase [Small]
  • Unlocks skills related to manifesting powers from a greater being.
Skills obtained by advancing in the Warlock Class:
Obtained from Main Class only: [Lesser Heretic Element Lv.1] Obtained at Lv.1: [Invocation Lv.1]
Obtained at Lv.1: [Contract Lv.1] Obtained at Lv.10: [Prayer Lv.1]
Obtained at Lv.20: [Linguistics Lv.1] Obtained at Lv.30: [Summon Familiar (Patron) Lv.1]
Obtained at Lv.40: [Influence Resistance Lv.1] Obtained at Lv.50: [Magic Reinforcement Lv.1]

Description:

A Warlock is a spellcaster who seeks the assistance of a vile creature, making the class a negative Karma Value counterpart to the Priest class who is granted powers from the gods of good.

Warlocks tap into the powers of the creature they are contracted with, which allows them to use the magic and abilities of their patron. This gives them the advantage over other spellcaster classes, as their "spells" simply consist of asking their patron for assistance, resulting in spells being automatically generated on the spot. At some point, they can even ask for the assistance of their patron's familiars. 

A Warlock can create this contract through their [Contract] skill, then access their patron's powers through the [Invocation] skill. The [Magic Reinforcement] skill can improve the abilities obtained through [Invocation], and the [Influence Resistance] will hinder the Warlock from being affected when they start tapping into the greater powers of their patron.

But the Warlocks also need to be on good terms with their patron creature, which forces them to learn the [Prayer] skill, which allows them to offer a small part of their MP to their patron. It's not an instant need, but some patron creatures may be greedier than others, so do take care.

[Linguistics] is an essential skill for Warlocks. As they level up and gain more access to the powers of their patron, the Warlocks need to study how to activate the essential abilities they are granted by the Warlock. No Magician-line class is free from the threat of studying~. But as a reward for their studies, the Warlock will learn how to summon the servants of their patron by deciphering the magic incarnations that they can use with the [Summon Familiar (Patron)] skill.

Finally, the downsides of the class. The Warlock may gain incredible powers and casting speed, but they can never be granted powers more than 50% of their patron's full force. Even the Master-tier classes of the Warlock-line shares this weakness, where their greatest firepower is at most 80%. And this is only when the Warlock themselves is strong enough to perform these moves, as in having enough MP and control over the Invocation magic.

Lily's comment: Wonder if Ciara can summon ingredients...

Alf's comment: For takoyaki!? And you would eat that!? Please don't tell me you would really eat it!

13