Chapter 3: Tod Gudo
833 3 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shit Tod, what have you gotten yourself into. My body hurts and I think my head's bleeding. I shouldn’t have gotten myself involved with that creepy old man. I shouldn’t have tried and shown off to all the people around me. You know you aren’t the main character Tod. Whether it's in track and field or in real life, you’ll never be number 1. Look where it got you, Tod, laying in the rubble of a car crash.

Fuck, it hurts, but I have to get help. Wait where did everyone else go. There’s no one inside the bus besides me and gray sweater guy and the girl I tried to help. It looks like both of them are still unconscious.

I can’t leave them here, so I’ll take them outside of the bus. Maybe the ambulances will come soon. I don’t know how long it’s been, but I’ve been hearing sirens since I woke up. The bus is currently laying on its side so the easiest way to get out is probably through the bus’ windshield. Since the window’s already busted, it’s the easiest way out.

Man, carrying these two with my injuries is tiring. If I was in perfect condition, it wouldn’t be this hard to carry them.

After I exited the bus, I looked around to see where we were, and we were in some kind of field. A little distance over, I could see basketball courts. I had initially thought that we were in a school, but looking at the architecture, it wasn’t. In fact, it looked more like a prison.

Shit, should I just wait for the ambulance to show up, or should I go into the prison to look for guards who could help us? I can leave these two here while I go find help, but what if that monster from earlier comes back. That old man earlier was clearly on some kind of crazy drugs. It grew twice its original height and its skin turned pitch black. It wouldn’t be safe to leave these two here.

It didn’t take long for me to reach the basketball courts, but carrying two people is way too tiring. As long as I can find a guard, it’ll all be fine. All I can hope for is that someone will open this door.

“Hello, is anyone inside. We need help. Our bus crashed and we have injured people. Please open the door.”

Nobody answered the door, and what was weirder was that it wasn’t even locked. As I pushed the door open, it eerily creaked. Looking inside, it was a hallway that had paths going to the left and the right. Luckily my decision was already made. There was print on the wall that said that the nurse’s office was down the right path.

There surely had to be a nurse or a doctor there. Even if they weren’t there, there would at least be medicine and bandages to treat my wounds and these two. The atmosphere in this area was weird though. I had never gone to prison before but is it always this quiet. It was so quiet that I felt like I could hear my own heartbeat.

This prison was starting to feel really creepy. It was like a scene straight out of a horror movie with how quiet it is. Maybe the next thing I’ll hear is a scream or something. Nah, this isn’t a horror movie or anything.

“Ggggyyaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!”

Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit. Why did I have to jinx myself? I have to hurry to the nurse’s room.

Just as sudden the scream was, it disappeared just as suddenly. There was no other sound of struggle or even more screams. It was like I had just imagined the scream.

There it is, the nurse’s room. I laid the two next to the door, before opening the door. Luckily it was not locked. There were six beds in the room, a desk and a chair, and finally a cabinet with medicine inside.

Besides the three of us, there was no one else in the room. I laid the two on the beds before immediately going back to lock the door. This prison was way too creepy, and I wasn’t going to take any chances. There were also windows that made the hallways visible. The worst thing was that they didn’t have any blinds.

This uneasy feeling inside of me wasn’t going away anytime soon. Knowing that someone or something could look at us through the window made me paranoid. I looked around the desk for any tape and I finally found some duct tape.

I grabbed a couple of bedsheets and taped them along the wall so it would block the windows. Seeing that the windows were blocked, made me feel just a little bit relieved.

“Haah, when are you two going to wake up. This place is way too creepy for a single person. Please wake up soon.”

I wonder why I decided to help these two. I could have just left them and ran away by myself. Why did I even try and help that girl? Did I do it out of the good of my heart? Did I want her to thank me? No, it was a more selfish reason than that. I just wanted others to look at me. I wanted them to say how amazing I am for helping a girl in distress.

Heh, what a selfish reason. Maybe this is why I'll never be the best at 100 meters dash. Others want to be first so they can beat world records or beat their records. None of them are like me, who wants to be first just to be praised.

Maybe I should have just died during that bus crash. Then I wouldn’t have to worry about being first, just so others would recognize me. Recognize all the effort I put into being the best I could be. Always fourth place in every single race. No matter how much I train and struggle, I always end up in fourth place. No one cares about who ends up in fourth place, they only care about first through third.

*Thump *Thump *Thump

What is that sound? Are those footsteps? Is it coming our way? Is it a guard? Yes, we can finally get help.

*Shlush *Shlush *Shlush

There’s another sound, it sounds like something wet being dragged. Wait, there was that scream early. C-could it be a prisoner dragging a body around? I heard that prisons are full of all types of people: Rapists, murderers, drug dealers, or even psychopaths. Did one of those prisoners get out and start killing the other inmates.

*Thump *Thump *Thump

Shit, the footsteps are coming closer. Please don’t come over here. Please don’t come over here. My heart is racing. Fuck, please don’t come over here. I’m not religious but I’ll pray to whatever god is up there. Please stop this thing from coming closer to this room.

*Thhuunk

Was that the sound of a door closing? The footsteps are becoming quieter. Yes!!! Yes!!! Thank god. Eventually, the footsteps became distant. Whew, finally safe from whatever’s out there.

Hahaha, I totally forgot that I still had to patch myself up. Where are the bandages? After searching for a bit I found the bandages and some medicine to help with bleeding. Looking at the mirror I could see that there was a gash on my forehead. Some of the blood had already dried up but it was mostly still bleeding.

Wrapping the bandages around my head proved more difficult than I thought. The bandages were around my head but it didn’t feel very secure or tight. Well, I could ask one of the other two to fix my bandage when they wake up.

Let’s see if any of them were injured in the crash. When I first looked at them they weren’t bleeding anywhere, so I assume they weren't too injured. Now that I think about it, while the bus was swerving the two of them immediately grabbed onto a seat. Maybe that’s why they weren’t seriously injured.

Hmm, this guy doesn’t look too injured. Just a few scrapes and bruises from the crash. I applied medicine to those areas before taking off his sweater. I needed to check if there were any other injuries.

I was surprised at what I saw. His body was full of some kind of marks. They kind of looked like lightning on his body. I faintly remember watching a video about lightning strike victims, and these marks looked exactly like those. How unlucky to be struck by lightning. I guess this is why he wears his sweater.

After putting his sweater back on, I went and checked on the girl. Now that I have time to look at her, she’s pretty cute. She had shoulder-length black hair and her body is in good shape. I can tell that she regularly works out. Just like that guy over there, she only had minor scrapes and bruises.

What should I do now? I could go out and explore the area, but that’s way too dangerous. I guess I’ll just wait for these two to wake up for now.

18