Chapter 6: Magic
600 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I'll be using |......| to indicate a shift in perspective during a chapter. I used ...... in one of my earlier chapters, and this one will mainly be used to indicate a time skip.

God, I wish that was me. I want to enter a master and servant relationship with Jude. Oh Jude, what a beautiful name. God damn fairy, I’m so envious of you.

‘Mei 1, shouldn’t we wake up soon. I don’t like eavesdropping on other people’s conversations.’

‘Yeah, get up and ask Jude where we are. I have a feeling that we aren’t in a safe place.’

Now, now, calm down. I just want to listen in on their conversation just a little longer. It’s better to procure information than to stay ignorant. And besides, we already learned a lot from them, so why not learn more.

‘Ok. I still can’t believe that demons, angels, and fairies are a real thing. It’s like we’re in an anime right now. And Jude’s a hero right. Let’s join his party and go defeat the demon lord.’

‘You watch too much anime Mei 2. This is real life right now, and that means that our lives could be in danger. But it does make me excited that I'll be able to fight with stronger beings.’

‘Shut up Mei 3. It’s not like you don’t watch with me.’

Shush, quiet you two. Jude and that fairy are talking again.

“So how are you going to help us get out of here.”

“I’ll just take you to the exit, duh.”

“But how though.”

“You guys just walk there.”

‘I thought Mei 3 was an idiot, but this fairy is a whole new level of dumb.’

‘Hey, I’m pretty smart. Even I can explain a simple plan to others.’

“Can you clarify how you’re going to get us to that exit. Where is it and what directions should we take to get there. How can we avoid the inmates and that monster out there.”

Hmm, it seems like we’re in a prison. And a monster, I guess that angel and demon won’t be our last encounter with monsters.

‘Man, I don’t want to deal with monsters again.’

‘I want a rematch with that demon. If I can just fight it straight on, I can beat it.’

“Hmm. If you go out that door take a right then there’ll be a door leading outside to the left.”

“That door’s locked. We already checked it. Is there another route to get outside.”

“There’s another route, but it’s on the other side of the building. You take the hallway outside all the way to the right then take another right. Then you’ll be in an open area where there are many cells. You go up a flight of stairs and go to the rightmost corner. And there you will find the guards room. After that just exit the guard's room and head down a hallway and then you’ll be outside.”

“Ok, I have a rough idea of where to go, but can you deal with that monster that’s roaming the prison.”

“Nope.”

“Aren’t you kind of useless, Fifi. Don’t you have magic or anything.”

“What, you’re calling me useless. If I was at my peak state, then that monster would die just from me blinking. I’ve been asleep for a thousand years, so I have weakened a lot. Just give me some blood and I’ll be able to recover some of my strength.”

“Is a drop of blood enough for you.”

“Yep, just a drop, since that is what our contract states.”

Noooo, Jude is cutting his finger. Ahh, don’t do that for a fairy. This god damn fairy is so lucky, I want some of Jude’s blood too. Ahhhhh, look at how lewdly she’s licking his finger. God damn fairy. God damn fairy. God damn fairy. I hope you explode!!!

“Did that get you excited.”

“What?”

“Tch, I guess humans will never understand a fairy’s charms.”

Yes, Jude. Don’t be seduced by that slut of a fairy. God damn skank trying to seduce my precious Jude.

‘Calm down Mei 1. Look, the fairy is going to do something.’

“Hmm, all I can do is use some weak magic. Tch, fire magic is only the size of a human finger.”

‘Did fire just come out of her hand!? Mei, Mei, Mei, Mei, she just used magic. Oh my god!!!!’

‘Quite down Mei 2. It’s not like we can learn it or anything.’

“Was that magic just now.”

“Hohoh, are you interested. I can teach you if you want. All heroes must be able to use magic to a certain degree.”

“Sure, it seems useful.”

‘Mei 1 go! Wake up right now! We can’t skip out of this opportunity. I want to learn magic. Go! Go! Go!’

I don’t want to learn from that slutty fairy though. I’d rather have Jude learn it, then he could teach it to me. He’ll come from behind and grasp my hands tightly while whispering into my ears sweet nothings. He’ll be like, “Entrust your body to me, and I’ll help the magic flow throughout your entirety. Don't resist it, just let the heat consume your body.” Hehehehehe.

‘Shut up! I don’t have time for your delusions. I’ll take over the body if I have too.’

‘Wait don’t be hasty Mei 2.’

‘You shut up too!!! This is a once in a lifetime chance to learn how to use magic.’

|……|

The magic Fifi was showing me seemed pretty interesting. I played my fair share of RPG games, so I know that magic can be pretty useful in them. If I could learn magic then it makes my life a little bit easier. But do I really have a use for it in my everyday life? It’s not like learning how to shoot fireballs out of my hands will help me pass an exam.

After escaping from the prison, I probably won’t have a major use for magic, but it would be helpful within the prison. I can use it to fight, so it wouldn’t hurt to learn how to use magic.

“Sure, it seems useful.”

“Alright then. Let’s begin Fifila’s Magic Lesson. First off…”

Fifi was about to begin explaining, but she was suddenly interrupted by the sound of a rustling bedsheet. The unconscious girl had woken up and was currently standing next to her bed. She was wearing black leggings, which were a little tattered, underneath her black skirt. In contrast, she was wearing a white short-sleeve blouse. Her dark brown eyes were shining for some reason.

“P-Please teach me too!”

Is she talking to Fifi? I guess she heard us talking about magic and wanted to learn about it too. But I wonder how much she heard from our conversation. Has she been listening from the beginning or did she just hear about the magic part?

“How rude! You’re not even going to introduce yourself before asking for an apprenticeship.”

“I’m so sorry Master. My name is Mako Mei and I’m 20 years old. I was born on June 2, 1999. My blood type is O negative, my breast size is a D cup, my hobbies are watching anime and playing games, and I’m a virgin.”

How can she say all of that with a straight face? I’m pretty sure any person would be embarrassed to tell others some of those facts. Oh god, I think I’m more embarrassed for her than she is for herself.

“Hahaha, I don’t know most of the things you just said, but I like your enthusiasm.”

“Thank you, Master.”

“Let me tell you this great one’s name. My name is Fifila Phhilora, the greatest fairy in existence.”

I don’t know why, but that girl named Mako started cheering and applauding Fifi after she introduced herself. Is this fairy really that amazing?

“Master Fifila, please teach me magic. It’s always been my dream to be able to use magic.”

“Master Fifila huh? I like it! From this day onwards, Mako shall be my first apprentice while Jude is my second apprentice. Now, Jude, since Mako is your senior apprentice, you must listen to her from now on.”

I’m starting to have regrets on choosing to learn magic from Fifi. Just out of spite, she is giving me a lower status than Mako, not that I mind though. Mako seems a little eccentric, but an honest person.

“Ok, sit down my students. Let me begin my lessons. To first start off, let me explain to you what magic is. Magic is like the utilization of mana. And mana is this energy that exists in every single living being. To use magic, you have to use your inner mana to manipulate the mana within the various elements in the world. There are 6 main elements out in the world: Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Light, and Dark. To use magic, everything depends on your imagination. Stronger magic usually requires chants while weaker ones can just be instantly cast like the fire I used earlier.”

Mako listened and nodded her head excitedly. I guess she really wanted to learn how to use magic. From what Fifi has said, I guess magic depends on how much mana you have within yourself. I guess it’s very similar to those RPG games I played.

“Now use magic, my students.”

“W-wait isn’t there more you have to explain. Like how do we use our mana to use magic, and how much mana we have.”

“Hmm, you just do it. Just think about magic and say some kind of chant or something. If you start to feel tired than just stop using magic. It’s as easy as that.”

“What do you mean it’s as easy as that!?”

Gosh, I forgot that this fairy is terrible at explaining things. She was doing fine in explaining the fundamentals of magic, so why is she so bad explaining the most important details.

“Look, Mako already got it. You should follow your senior apprentice’s example.”

“What!?”

Fifi wasn’t lying. Floating above Mako’s right hand was a fireball the size of a fist. It illuminated her face and joy was overflowing.

“I did it! I did it! I did it! I did it!!!!!!”

“Shit. Mako quiet down. Quiet down.”

“What, let my apprentice celebrate if she wants too.”

“You shut up too.”

Mako was way too loud. I immediately place my ear next to the curtains covering the windows. Let’s hope that the monster didn’t hear us.

A second passed by in silence. Another second and another second. But after 10 seconds passed, I heard it.

“Kyaaalalalala!!!”

It was distant, but I still definitely heard it’s shrill laughter. That thing heard us.

“Mako, wake up Tod. We have to leave immediately!”

17