014. Practicing Elemental Magic
1.1k 3 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

From their conversation, Selina knows that Emma and Emily are from Class 2. That means they have a B class mana amount. Both of them are also daughters of Count Brown, so they are part of the nobility. They also only have one affinity, namely Water Element and therefore they enter Undine dorm.

They both want to become a Knight in Division 3, Pink Dolphin. Knights received in the 3rd Division of Seraphium Knight are those who have sufficient ability in healing magic, this is because the 3rd Division is the division that acts as a healer in every joint mission.

The parents of Emma and Emily were knights from the 3rd Division before they were married and their father continued the previous Count and became the current Count Brown. Captivated by the story of their parents when they were still knights in the 3rd Division, made them want to follow in the footsteps of their parents and become a knight in the 3rd Division as well.

"What are your lessons today? We have Morality, Mathematics, and Non-Elemental magic," Emily asked Selina and Alexa. In her hands, she held the schedule of lessons she found on the table. In the middle of the top, it says 'Class 2 Schedule for 2nd-year students.'

"We have Mathematics, Morality, and Elemental Magic," Alexa answered and Selina nodded, agreed at Alexa's answer.

"Okay. We should go to class now, it is forty-five minutes past nine." Emma told her roommates after looking at the watch on her left wrist.

.

.

.

.

.

In the class, all the members except Selina and Alexa were already there. Right before ten o'clock Selina and Alexa entered the classroom.

"Good morning!" Alexa and Selina greet their classmate.

"Good morning to you too," Christian said while smiling, the other class members only reply with a simple greeting.

Not even a minute Selina and Alexa were in the room, Teacher Albus entered the classroom.

"Good morning, Class. Please return to your seats."

"Good morning, Teacher Albus," chorus all members of Class 1.

"Do you have your lesson schedule in your room?"

"Yes!"

"Then you all must know that your lesson today is Mathematics, Morality, and Elemental magic. In a moment there will be a teacher coming to teach you basic mathematics. Don't make noise and study calmly."

After saying what he wanted, Teacher Albus left the room. Entering the room to replace Teacher Albus was a female teacher who wore glasses. Her face showed that she was a teacher who was disciplined and strict with rules. She was wearing a gray uniform and a long skirt that was also gray.

"Good morning, my name is Ila Moneda. Call me Teacher Ila. Let's begin our lesson today with a pop quiz."

All members of Class 1 beside Arthur and Selina grumble at the sudden quiz. The class proceeded calmly after that. In the end, only Selina and Arthur get the perfect score in a pop quiz.

'Hmm ... the level of study is equivalent to first-grade elementary school. No wonder I got a perfect score. But for Arthur who also got the same score, it turns out he truly is a genius. Not only in magic but also in general lessons,' thought Selina.

The next subject is Morality. Morality, in general, teaches about appropriate attitudes, character, or behavior as students and human. They were taught by a priest from Stoicheía Temple. Stoicheía is the official religion on the Luther Continent. While stoicheía itself is a word in Rune language which means Elements.

.

.

.

.

.

The final lesson of the day is what Selina has been waiting for. Lessons that teach the use of Elemental magic. In this class, they learn beginner level Elemental magic. Elemental Magic classes are conducted in training ground A. The training ground is equipped with dummy targets to train children's aim.

"Today we will divide the class into four groups, namely Fire, Water, Earth, and Wind. Since you all have dual and triple affinity, after you have finished training your first element, you can go to another group to train your second element. Especially for Arthur and Selina, training for the Darkness and Light elements will be held on Friday. Understand?" said Teacher Albus who in charge of teaching them Elemental Magic. Teacher Albus himself has compatibility with Fire and Earth Elements.

Aside from Teacher Albus who will teach Fire Magic, three other teachers are in charge of teaching three other elemental magic. The one who would teach Wind Element was a dark-skinned female teacher who wore a maroon-colored dress and a pointed hat on her head.

The other two teachers were in charge of teaching Water and Earth Element. For Water Element, the one who teaches them is a beautiful female teacher with long light blue hair and amethyst colored eyes while the one who teaches Earth Elemental magic is a short man with big belly and kind smile on his lip.

In their introduction, Selina and her classmates know that the woman who teaches Wind Elemental Magic is named Stormi Zephyr, the teacher who teaches Water Elemental Magic is Nancy Claes while the last is Wilder Rook who teaches Earth Elemental Magic.

"Alexa and Selina will go to Teacher Nancy first to learn about Water Elemental Magic." Teacher Albus gave instructions.

"Daniel and Arthur will learn Fire Elemental magic first so both of you come with me. Jackson goes to Teacher Stormi and Christian will learn Earth Elemental magic with Teacher Wilder."

After the instruction given by Teacher Albus, they all spread into four groups. Selina and Alexa following Teacher Nancy to the east corner of the training ground.

"Today we will not learn Water magic spells directly. We will start with an exercise to move the water in this glass to the other empty glass," said Teacher Nancy.

Alexa and Selina nodded as a sign of 'understanding'. Teacher Nancy smiled and show how she did it. Teacher Nancy points to the water in the glass and orders it soundlessly to move to the empty glass. Instantly the water in the glass floated leaving the glass and spilled into the other glass.

"This is how you do it, you have to will it to move from the glass into the other glass which is empty."

"Let's start with Alexa. Remember! You have to imagine and will it for the water to move."

Alexa then imagines and will the water in the glass moving and slowly drifting away from the glass to the other glass. Soon the surface of the water then starts to shake and slowly floats and moves to the other glass. The water falls into the glass, but some fall outside of the rim of the glass.

"Not bad! Selina, it's your turn now."

Like Alexa, Selina imagines while also will the water in the glass moving and floating away toward the other glass. Unlike Alexa, when it was Selina's turn, the water in the glass immediately drifted toward the other glass, but Selina took a long time as she tried to slowly spill water into the glass because she did not want to spill a drop of water.

"Good job, Selina. Now all you have to do is practice until you can do it in a flash," praised Teacher Nancy.

On Arthur and Daniel's side, they must practice lighting candles with their magic. Arthur had no problems at all even managed to light ten candles at once in one fell swoop. While Prince Daniel succeeded in his third try.

When Selina saw their progress, she found Arthur smirking at her, a sign he challenged Selina to do better than him. Triggered by Arthur's challenge, Selina tried even harder. This time Selina managed to move water from one glass to another without spilling a single drop faster than before. Happy about her success Selina looked in the direction Arthur wanted to brag, but Selina found Arthur only shrugged in response.

"Arrgh…!" Selina felt annoyed and pouted.

All Class 1 members continued to practice using the methods given by the teachers until 2:00 pm then they had thirty minutes of rest and continued to practice their second element. Selina's second Element is Wind, so she will train with Prince Daniel. On the other side, Arthur is with Alexa learning Earth Element, while Jackson and Christian practice Fire Element.

.

.

.

.

.

For Wind Elemental magic, what they did for the training was almost the same as Selina had previously done. The difference is that they have to move glass made of plastic from one table to another. Both Selina and Daniel can do it even if it's not perfect because the glass they moved isn't standing.

"Let's keep practicing like this. After you can do it, your job is to move and arrange the glass into a tower," said Teacher Stormi.

As for the practice of Earth Magic, what Arthur and Alexa did was they had to make a mound from the ground in front of them. The bigger the mound, the greater their control of Earth's magic. Once again Arthur showed his genius by making a one-meter high mound.

24