017. Beastology
925 2 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The last lesson for today is Beastology. Beastology is a lesson that teaches about animals in the Gaia world. Students are taught about feeding, maintaining, breeding, and proper treatment of these various animals. This lesson will be taught by Teacher Harry Zoikós Lampster or Teacher Harry for short.

In this world, animals are divided into three categories, specifically ordinary beast, magic beast, and demon beast. The ordinary beast is animals that can't use magic, while magic beast and demon beast can use magic. What makes magic beast and demon beast different is that demon beast was once a magic beast that can't control its magic properly that results in berserks like behavior that attacks anything or anyone in its path.

"Good afternoon, students! Today we will learn about the rank of beasts. The rank of beasts is divided like the rank of mana amount. From high to low is S, A, B, C, D, and E class. All ordinary beasts like Agelada, Kotópoulo, and Garída fall into the E class category."

All Class 1 members listen carefully to the lesson. Selina who didn't want to lose to Arthur for the umpteenth time was busy taking notes on what Teacher Harry explained.

"Can anyone tell why the rank of beasts is divided in such a way?" Asked Teacher Harry.

All Class 1 members raised their hands. Finally, Teacher Harry decides to choose Daniel to answer the question he asked earlier.

"The rank of beasts is divided in such a way because like humans, they have mana which varies in quantity in their bodies. An exception is the E class category which only contains ordinary beasts. Even though they have some mana and are included in the E class, they cannot channel their mana path so they cannot use magic at all, unlike humans who have an E class mana amount but can channel mana path they have in their bodies so they can use magic," explained Daniel in a complete answer.

"Exactly. Unlike humans, ordinary beasts cannot channel mana path in their bodies. OK kids, do you all understand?" Asked Teacher Harry.

All students including Selina nodded their heads.

"Let's study the next material. The next material is about Unicorn which is one of the magic beasts that is included in the C class category. Let's all move to the training ground!" Teacher Harry gave instructions.

After everyone moved from the classroom to the training ground, Teacher Harry put his hands in front of his body and said, "Synergátis!"

*Puff!*

A puff of white smoke appeared suddenly in front of Teacher Albus. After the white smoke faded and finally disappeared, Selina and other Class 1 members could see a creature like a pure white horse as tall as a horse in general. The creature has a golden horn on its head and hooves that are also gold in color.

"This is my familiar. Her name is Molly," Teacher Harry introduced his familiar.

'She is so beautiful...' Selina thought.

"She is so beautiful..." Alexa said out loud what she was thinking.

"Of course. My Molly is the most beautiful Unicorn of all Unicorns in Seraphium Kingdom," said Teacher Harry proudly.

"Neigh..." Molly neighed seemed to agree with Teacher Harry's words.

"As you can see, Molly has a golden horn and hooves. This is because Unicorn foals are born pure gold in color. They remain so until they are about two years old, at which time they turn silver in color. At around four years old their horns grow in. They are fully grown at about seven years old, at which at this age they turn a shade of pure white that is so bright that it makes freshly fallen snow look gray in comparison just like Selina's hair. Their blood is silver-blue in color and shines under the moonlight. It is mentioned a Unicorn can live for about a hundred years." Teacher Harry explained.

"Teacher Harry how about the rumors that said Unicorns prefer a woman's touch?" Alexa asked.

"That's just a myth. The proof is that Molly wants to be touched by me and eventually become my familiar," Teacher Harry said.

"Ooh..." All Class 1 students nodded in understanding.

"Besides for you to look at what is Unicorn like, Molly is here to be your illustration model for the essay assignment on Unicorn which will be collected next week. Since it will be difficult to draw a Unicorn without a model, I allow you to use Molly as a model. Let's start drawing, you can do the essay part after class."

'Luckily I've taken art classes in my previous life before, so my drawing is definitely not too bad,' Selina thought.

Selina and Class 1 students are busy removing parchment paper, pencils, erasers, and thick books or other objects they can use as a base from their backpack. They then began to sit around Molly and begin drawing.

Selina first observes and recognizes the object to be drawn, namely Molly the Unicorn. Selina observes details from Molly so it's easy to draw later. Slowly one line is followed by another line and over time the lines form a concept sketch of Molly the Unicorn. Selina then added shading to distinguish between bright and dark parts. Selina then continues the drawing until finally, she gives the finishing touches by emphasizing the stroke to have color.

Time passed, all Class 1 students including Selina were busy drawing Molly the Unicorn. When the bell rang, all students raised their heads from the parchment paper that was their drawing medium and sighed. There are sighs of relief and some are sighing out of frustration. Selina belonged to the group that breathed a sigh of relief.

"Lina, can I see your drawing?" Alexa asked.

"My drawing isn't very good, Alex. But I also want to see yours."

Selina exchanged her parchment paper with Alexa's. Selina then looks at Alexa's drawing of Molly. Alexa's drawing is very good and Molly in the parchment paper is as if alive and not just a picture.

"You're very good, Alex!" Selina exclaimed in a loud voice.

"Where? Let me see it," said Jackson, peering over Selina's shoulder.

"WOW! Alexa you can live as a painter in the future with drawings like this. Is that right, Daniel? " Jackson asks Daniel.

"En! Your drawing is great, Alexa. What if you become a palace painter in the future," Daniel joked to Alexa.

"Really, you guys," said Alexa embarrassed.

"Selina's is also not much different from mine. The picture is good and captures details from Molly," said Alexa, trying to shift the conversation from her to Selina.

"But mine isn't as good as yours, Alex. Oh yeah, how about we see all the drawings you have made?" suggested Selina.

"Agree!" Alexa exclaimed.

"I also agree," Christian also agreed to Selina's proposal.

"If you don't mind my bad drawings, I'm fine," Jackson said, with Daniel nodding.

"I don't agree," Arthur said quietly, he refused Selina's proposal and moved to hide his parchment paper inside his backpack.

All Class 1 students except Arthur saw each other. They nodded as a sign of understanding what the other friends were thinking. Then they turned their heads back toward Arthur. Arthur who saw a situation that was bad for him was getting ready to run back to the dorm. But it only stopped at the theoretical phase because Daniel, who had been beside Arthur all this time, was already preparing and holding Arthur's movements from behind.

"Daniel, let me go!" Arthur said.

"You have to show your drawing first," Daniel exclaimed.

"Jackson, you take the parchment paper in his backpack," Daniel instructed.

"Ok!" Jackson grinned.

Jackson fumbled into Arthur's bag until he found what he was looking for. After removing the parchment paper and unfurling it. Jackson laughed in a big voice.

"Hahahaha…"

"Why are you laughing?" Christian asked.

"Look at this!" Jackson shows Arthur's pictures to his friends.

"Pfft! Ahahaha ... "All Class 1 students laughed out loud and even Teacher Harry held back laughter at Arthur's unclear picture of Unicorn. Only Arthur did not laugh with his grunt face.

"Turns out there's something Arthur can't do either!" said Jackson who then returned laughing.

"Yes... Yes... I admit that my drawing is indeed very ugly," Arthur said resignedly.

"Finally there's something you can win from Arthur. Isn't that right, Lina?" Alexa asked happily.

"En! En!" Selina nodded her head many times with a broad smile lining her lips.

26