018. Familiar Summoning
927 2 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, which is Wednesday. Selina wakes up and takes a shower and gets ready for today's lesson. Today Class 1 will learn about Familiar Partnership, Gaia Language, and History of Gaia. The first thing Selina did after bathing was to check if there was a textbook that she forgot to put in her backpack last night. After checking and nothing was left behind, the second thing Selina did was to wake Alexa.

"Alex... Come on, wake up! It's morning," Selina said as she shook Alexa's body.

"Ugh..." Alexa pulled her blanket over her face.

"If you don't prepare now, you won't have time to eat breakfast later," argued Selina.

"Nggh... five more minutes, Lina." Selina sighed at Alexa's words.

"Okay, in five minutes I'll wake you up again," Selina finally agreed.

"Morning, Lina," greeting Emma, ​​who had just woken up from sleep.

"Morning, Emma," Selina replied to Emma's good morning with a smile.

"Is it hard to wake Alex?" Emma asked, rubbing her eyes to wipe away the remaining drowsiness.

"Well ... it's not difficult either. It's just that Alexa always asks for five extra minutes to sleep, so after five minutes I have to wake her up again," Selina said.

"Emily is like that too. Every time she was woken up, she always asked for extra time to sleep longer. What will happen if, for example, we separate because we get a different dorm room in the third year and no one wakes Emily and Alex up? It will be great to have a tool that can help wake up people like them," Emma sighed, remembering that this might happen in the future.

"Tools to wake people like Alex and Emily who are hard to wake up..." Selina began to think.

'Aha! Alarm clock! In this world, there are already those who create clocks, but no one has created an alarm clock whose function is to make a sound on the time that has been set,' Selina's eyes sparkled at the opportunity to create a new gadget because this would be her first real step as an alchemist.

Five minutes passed and finally, inevitably Alexa and Emily had to get up under the double body shaking of Selina and Emma.

.

.

.

.

.

The first lesson for today is a lesson that all Class 1 students, including Selina and Arthur, really look forward to. Familiar Partnership is a lesson in which they are taught about how to summon familiar, how to treat them, and how to fight with familiar as a partner. This lesson is also taught by Teacher Harry, who teaches Beastology. For the Familiar Partnership lesson, they are required to move to Training Ground 3 which is where this lesson is held.

There are three Training Grounds at Seraphium Royal Academy. Training Ground 1 for Elemental Magic and Non-Elemental Magic lessons, Training Ground 2 for Physical Exercise and Combat Strategy, and Training Ground 3 for Familiar Partnerships.

At Training Ground 3, all Class 1 students have been waiting for Teacher Harry to come.

"Lina, what kind of magic beast do you want to be your familiar?" Asked Alexa who was excited.

"I don't know, but according to the book that I read, a familiar usually has the same elemental affinity as the master. So, maybe I will have familiar that have the element affinity of Water, Wind, or Light. " Selina explained what she read in the book to Alexa.

"Uwaah... I can't wait to meet my own familiar," Alexa said, bringing her palms together as if praying.

"En. I also can not wait."

"Teacher Harry took a long time," Jackson said.

"Maybe he is preparing the summon paper needed for us to call our familiars," Christian gave his opinion.

Shortly, they can see Teacher Harry who ran hurriedly while carrying a pile of paper that depicted a magic circle.

"Morning, children. Sorry, I'm late. Please everyone take the paper I hold, one for each of you," instructed Teacher Harry.

"Understood, Teacher Harry." All Class 1 students answered Teacher Harry.

"How to summon your familiar for the first time is easy. All you have to do is put a little blood in the magic circle on this paper then put your right hand that doesn't hold the paper in front of your body and says 'synergátis'," Teacher Harry explained as he shared the stack of paper he was holding to each student.

Seeing all Class 1 students nodding their heads in understanding, Teacher Harry continued his instructions.

"Let's start in the absence sequence. Alexa, please go to the middle of the Training Ground."

Alexa then goes to the middle of the Training Ground. She took a deep breath and then exhaled. Alexa stabbed a needle into the index finger of her right hand then after the blood came out she pressed the index finger to the paper that Teacher Harry distributed. Holding the paper with her left hand then placing her right hand in front of her body, Alexa then said the required word.

"Synergátis!"

Like when Teacher Harry called out to Molly, a puff of white smoke appeared which then faded to show a magic beast that was willing to become Alexa's familiar. The magic beast was a two meters tall stag. He has long, powerful legs, a diminutive tail, and long ears. Its fur is light brown, its eyes are black while its two horns are made of tree branches with several vines and foliages decorating it.

"Waah... Congratulations Alexa! Your familiar is Xernesos Deer who is an A class magic beast! It has an affinity of Plant element. Introduce yourself and give your familiar a name and your bond as master and familiar will be formed," said Teacher Harry excitedly.

"So you were the one who called me here. O human who will become my master, tell me your name and give me a name then I will become your familiar," said the Xernesos Deer in a deep baritone voice.

"Te... Teacher Harry. W-Why does the Xernesos Deer can speak Gaia language?" Alexa asked, stammering in surprise to hear that her potential familiar could talk.

"O human, please calm down. All A and S class magic beasts can speak Gaia language," the Xernesos Deer explained.

"Ooh is that so? My name is Alexa Bella Chronos, nice to meet you. Do you want to be called by the name Xavier? "

"All right, from today my name is Xavier."

The golden ray then enveloped Alexa and Xavier's body as a sign of their bond as master and familiar.

"Next is Daniel. Please do as Alexa did before. "

Daniel nodded and did as Teacher Harry instructed.

"Synergátis."

This time what emerged from the puff of white smoke was a golden lion with wings on its back. Its nails and mane are of fire-red color. The lion is as high as five meters.

"Congratulations Daniel, your familiar is the Griffin, an A class magic beast with affinity to Thunder element."

"Thank you, Teacher Harry," Daniel said to Teacher Harry.

Turning his face back towards the Griffin, Daniel introduced himself.

"My name is Daniel Zephyros Grand. I will name you Leo."

The same golden light like what enveloped Alexa and Xavier appeared on Daniel and Leo's bodies as their bond formed.

The same thing happened when Jackson and Christian called their familiars. The difference is Jackson and Christian summoning Phoenixes. Jackson's is male while Christian's is female. Phoenixes are B class magic beasts that have an affinity for Fire elements.

When it was Arthur's turn, everyone felt nervous. They did not know what kind of magic beast one would call as a person with S class mana amount.

"Synergátis."

*Boom*

What appeared at the same time as Arthur's familiar beast was the same as other students' cases which is a cloud of white smoke. But in Arthur's case, the white smoke that appeared is so much that it is even covered the entire Training Ground and made a sound like an explosion.

From the white smoke appeared a dragon with black scales like obsidian. Its eyes were bright red like rubies. Its body is so big that it resembles a small hill that is almost ten meters high and reaches seventeen meters long including its tail.

"Woow...." Everyone at the Training Ground including Selina was amazed at the familiar summoned by Arthur.

'This ... this is a dragon, a fucking true dragon,' Selina shouted inwardly.

"Ar... Arthur! Y-You just called a dragon to be your familiar. The dragon is an S class magic beast that has never been seen and has only been recorded in history," Teacher Harry said while shaking Arthur's shoulder.

"T-Teacher Harry calm down," Arthur said.

After Teacher Harry calms down, he shyly tidies his clothes and greets the dragon who is Arthur's familiar.

"T-Thank you for being familiar with our school student, Arthur Fotia Rosenfeld."

"Hmm..." The dragon just muttered as if bored and wanted Arthur to quickly give him a name and finish their bond.

"Your name shall be Tristan," Arthur gave the dragon a name.

And just like that, the bond between Arthur and Tristan is formed. Arthur then walked towards Selina with Tristan who had changed his body size to be small like a cat and perched on Arthur's shoulder.

"Why? You got cold feet?" mocked Arthur.

"Wh-Who got cold feet?" Selina said with a little stutter.

'Help me, Lord. I don't want to lose to Arthur. Hopefully, the magic beast that is my familiar isn't too bad compared to Arthur's Tristan,' Selina said her prayer silently.

Selina calms her heartbeat by taking a deep breath and exhaling several times. Like Alexa, Selina pricked one of her fingers with a needle and pressed the finger that bled into the magic circle on the paper given by Teacher Harry.

Taking a deep breath once more, Selina finally said, "Synergátis!"

*Puff*

The least amount of white smoke compared to all the other Class 1 students appeared around Selina.

"Hmm?"

'Where is my familiar? Don't say there isn't any magic beast who wants to be my familiar,' Selina thought, confused and worried because there were no signs of a magic beast in front of her.

"T-Teacher Harry, don't I have a familiar?" Selina asked, her eyes already in tears.

"Who says master doesn't have a familiar, your familiar is me," said the child-like voice coming from Selina's left side.

23