021. Alarm Clock and Girls Talk
875 1 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After eating with Ciel in Undine dorm's cafeteria, Selina and Ciel in her arms immediately rushed to their dorm room. In the dorm room, Alexa, Emma, and Emily were awake and were getting ready.

"Are your lessons with Headmaster Robert finished?" Alexa asked while pulling the zipper of her long red skirt.

Selina nodded her head and answered, "Yes, I have. I finished at nine. Where are you going?"

"We want to eat breakfast. Have you eaten? Let's eat together," Emily asked.

"Sorry, I already ate at the cafeteria earlier with Ciel. After class, my stomach growled so I went and ate first. You guys just go without me then, I want to do the Math assignments from Teacher Ila, "answered Selina who apologized because she had already eaten without them first.

"Okay. Then we go to eat first, okay? Bye."

"Bye," Selina waved her right hand.

*Click*

The sound of the door closing indicated that Alexa, Emma, and Emily had left the room. Selina then opened her desk drawer and pulled her Math assignment book out of the drawer.

For ten minutes Selina worked on a Math assignment containing the questions of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. When finished, Selina put the book in her backpack and included other items that were also needed in the lessons on Monday.

Reopening the drawer on her desk, Selina picked up a diary that had a key. Although Selina does not have the habit to write diaries, this book is practical to use as a book to write all the gadget ideas that she is thinking about.

"Alarm clock," Selina said quietly while writing in the title section of the diary.

"What is Selina doing?" Ciel asked quietly. As far as Selina was concerned, she had finished the work of Teacher Ila.

"I'm designing a gadget, Ciel," Selina answers Ciel without looking away.

"Gadget? Does Selina want to be an alchemist?"

"Yes. But this is a secret. Don't tell anyone," said Selina who finally turned her face towards Ciel while the index finger of her right hand rose to close her lips.

"Okay. Ciel will not tell anyone," Ciel promised Selina.

Selina smiled at Ciel's promise. She then refocused on what she wanted to do. Selina first drew the final shape from the alarm clock she wanted to create. The alarm clock she drew was round with two fox ears as speakers. In its circular display section, Selina divides it into twelve parts with each part having a number that writes numbers one to twelve. Also in the middle of the display are installed two clock hands.

"Yep... The cute style is indeed the best," Selina said, smiling cheerfully after finishing drawing the alarm clock she imagined.

"Oh yes, also add the tail as a buffer. Ehehe it is getting better."

After that, Selina drew the inside of the alarm clock visualized by her. Selina draws various gears that work with each other perfectly. The third thing she does is to connect the section with a mechanism that creates sound from the fox ear speakers on the clock. Then she connects the two parts with the mana stone chamber. Now all she has to do is determine which runes are appropriate for making this alarm clock works. This is because without the runes which determine how the stone power this gadget, mana stone will be the same as an ordinary stone.

"According to my calculations, runes that are suitable for this alarm clock are rune motiez or rune of motion for the clock section and no other runes are needed because the parts are intricate and work together with each other," Selina said to herself while looking at the picture of the alarm clock that she has made.

"Now all that's left is the alarm. I will use the opnem rune which is a rune for recording sounds and mamnaz runes to manifest recorded sounds."

"OK. This is enough."

Selina then closed, locked her diary book, and put it back in the desk drawer.

"Selina has finished designing?" Ciel asked.

"En! I just have to try to make it. But it seems like it can't be done now. We have to wait until we get home, then we can try to make it," Selina said.

"Ok," Ciel answered.

.

.

.

.

.

That night because of the holiday, Alexa proposed to hold a conversation between girls. This idea was then approved by Emily, Emma, and Selina.

"So what are we going to talk about?" Selina asked.

"Of course, about the handsome men at Seraphium Royal Academy!" Alexa said as if what she was saying was something that didn't need to be questioned.

"Ooo..." exclaimed Selina, Emma, and Emily together.

"If it is about the handsome men in Seraphium Royal Academy, isn't Arthur the number one thing we should talk about? He even has his own fan club whose members are children who admire him," Emily said.

"I'm surprised there are those who admire Rosenfeld to such an extent. I understand he's handsome, but many are good-looking in this school," Selina said with a frown.

"Yes, it is true, but the handsome, smart, and has an S class mana amount in this school even throughout Seraphium Kingdom is only him, Miss Number 2," said Alexa in a joking tone.

*Prick*

Selina felt an invisible arrow attack and pierce her chest.

"Ugh... Can you not use that nickname?" Selina asked in annoyance.

"Ahahaha... Sorry... Sorry... It's just that nickname is very attached to you Lina. It's been over a year and you still haven't managed to defeat Arthur even once. You are even more famous now as 'Miss Number 2' compared to 'girl who has S class mana amount'."

"Pfft... Ahahaha... " Emma and Emily laughed at Alexa's words.

"Is that true, Lina? You've never once defeated Arthur?" Emma asked curiously.

*Sigh*

"Yes, it is true. But I managed to defeat him in drawing anyway," Selina defended herself.

"That is not included in the exam. You said you wanted to defeat Arthur and become the top scorer in our generation. So as long as you have not been able to defeat Arthur in any exam you cannot become a top scorer and still have the nickname of Miss Number 2 attached to you." Alexa broke Selina's self-defense.

"Urrgh... I will try harder to become a top scorer and get a letter of recommendation!"

"Good luck, Lina. We support you," Emma said.

"By the way, why are we talking about me? Alex said she wanted to talk about handsome men at Seraphium Royal Academy."

"Because every time we talk about Arthur, the conversation about you can't be separated either," Alexa said.

"In Class 1 there are also other handsome men, our Crown Prince, for example," Emily exclaimed.

"Oh yes! Even though there aren't as many fan club members as Arthur's fan club, there are also a lot of Daniel's fans," Selina said.

"You call a prince by his name only. Isn't that should not be done?" said Emma who was shocked.

"Daniel himself allowed it," Alexa explained briefly.

"Wow, that means you guys are very close to each other."

"But Daniel also allowed Teacher Albus to call his name directly."

"Speaking of Teacher Albus, do you know Teacher Albus is pursuing Teacher Nancy intending to get married?" Asked Alexa to Emma and Emily.

"Is it true?" Emma and Emily asked together.

"Yes. Last Monday at night we had dinner with all Class 1's members, at that time we also invited Teacher Albus. When I asked the truth about the rumor, Teacher Albus confirmed it. Romantic, right?"

"Eh... but Teacher Nancy is from the common people and Teacher Albus is from the aristocracy. Can they both get married? Isn't that prohibited in the rules of nobility?" Emily asked.

"According to the Nobility Regulations, number ten concerning the marriage of aristocrats verse five, if a noble who wants to marry a man or woman from common people then the noble must have high merit. So Teacher Albus as a former knight and a teacher at Seraphium Royal Academy already has high merit to freely marry Teacher Nancy," explained Alexa.

"Is there such a law?" Emily asked, shocked because she just found out that there were regulations that allowed marriages from two different circles.

"Very romantic, huh?" Emma asked with sparkling eyes.

"Yes. If it happened this would be like the story of Adele," said Emily, whose eyes also sparkled.

"Adele? What is that story about?" Selina asked because during her lifetime she only tried and studied to become an alchemist and knight in the 10th division.

"You did not know?!" Asked Alexa, who was more surprised because Selina didn't know Adele's story.

"That is a bedtime story in Seraphium Kingdom. The point of the story is that Adele, a nobleman's daughter, fell in love and wanted to marry a man who was a knight of common people. For the sake of being united with the man she loved, Adele who was a noblewoman took a sword and participated in the annihilation of the demon king. After various obstacles she faced, she managed to defeat the demon king. To reward Adele, the king of Seraphium then gave her one wish. Adele finally asked to be allowed to marry the man she loved." Emma told the story of Adele to Selina.

'Ooh... Then this is the Cinderella version of this world,' Selina thought.

23