023. Arthur’s Feelings
1.1k 11 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-Back to Friday, Arthur's perspective-

Arthur woke up early to study Darkness Elemental Magic with Headmaster Robert at seven in the morning. Arthur opened his eyes, changed his position to sitting then stretched his muscles. Arthur's movements woke Tristan who also slept in the same bed as Arthur.

"You're awake, Arthur?" Asked Tristan who is still rubbing his eyes.

"Yes. I have a Darkness Elemental Magic lesson with Headmaster Robert this morning," Arthur answered Tristan's question.

"Hmm... Isn't that the only class you and Selina are in?"

Arthur smiled then nodded his head.

"Do you like the Selina girl as a man?" Tristan asked suddenly.

"Are you kidding, Tristan?" Arthur asked back as if he could not believe his hearing just now.

"I asked, do you like the Selina girl as a man? During this one day, I watched you two, only to the Selina girl that you treat differently from the others. You who are always polite in acting in any situation turn into a child who acts stupid because he wants to get the attention of the person he is after."

"That's what I want to ask all this time," said Daniel, who participated in the conversation between Arthur and Tristan.

He walks then sits on Arthur's bed while Leo following him from behind.

Arthur and Daniel are roommates in the Salamander dorm. Because this year there were only a few who entered Salamander dorm, so there were only two of them who occupy the room.

"...I don't know," Arthur answered after a few minutes of silence.

"You did not know?" Daniel was stunned.

"You who are a genius do not know your own feelings?" Daniel asked again, which Arthur responded with a nod.

"Yes. To be honest, I don't feel happy when she pays attention to someone other than me," Arthur said.

"Therefore you always incite Selina's anger every time you meet her?" Asked Tristan who was only answered by another nod from Arthur.

Daniel, Leo, and Tristan looked at each other after seeing the response from Arthur.

'Arthur likes Selina!' Thought Daniel, Leo, and Tristan together.

"Doesn't that mean you're jealous because Selina doesn't pay attention to you?" Daniel asked again.

"Jealous?"

"Yes. You're jealous because the Selina girl doesn't pay attention to you, so you always try to make Selina angry at you because only then Selina pay attention to you more than anyone else," said Tristan.

"Although I have to admit it is not the right way to do it, we can conclude what you are feeling toward Selina is from there. You're jealous of the people Selina pays attention to, so you try to get her attention back by making her angry at you. So, the conclusion is that you like Selina, even it seems like you love Selina." Daniel explained.

"Love is a strong word, I don't think I love her yet," Arthur said to Daniel.

"Then you like her more than just a friend."

'I like Selina more than just a friend? I thought I was just mad at her for not remembering me and acting as if we had never met before. Moreover, we have promised to be together forever even if we are in a healthy state or even sick. Mother said the promise was for when I found someone I really like, so I held on to that promise. But it seems like she doesn't remember because at that time I wore the clothes of a woman forced by my mother and the color of my hair and eyes was changed with Transformation magic.'

"I've thought it through carefully. As you said, I like Selina. So how do I let her know that I like her and I want her to pay attention to me?" Arthur asked while sitting on his bed.

"The quickest way is for you to tell her directly," said Tristan giving his advice.

"I agree with Tristan's words," said Daniel, who agreed with Tristan's advice.

"If I may talk, it seems like telling her directly will only make Selina feel like you're playing with her. Don't you remember how Arthur treated Selina all this time?" said Leo, who had been silent all this time.

"Leo is right, I didn't consider the possibility of that happening. I once talked to Alexa, she said Selina seemed to like you, but she still hasn't realized her feelings for you yet. So, even if you express your feelings directly to Selina, Selina might think that you're playing with her as usual." Daniel holds his chin, thinking.

"What if you treat her better as a lady first?" suggested Tristan.

"Ah, that's a good idea. First, you need to treat her like you treat other female students. From there you slowly make Selina realize her feelings for you. "

"Alright, I'll do it. Now I have to get ready and go to Headmaster Robert's room."

.

.

.

.

.

*Knock… Knock… Knock…*

"Enter!"

"Headmaster Robert," Arthur greeted.

"Don't be so stiff, we're family. Just call me as usual, Selina hasn't come yet right?" said Headmaster Robert.

"Alright Grandfather."

Headmaster Robert nodded then asked, "How are you?"

"I'm fine, Grandfather," Arthur answered.

"In that case, good…"

*Knock... Knock... Knock...*

The sound of three knocks on the door came again.

"It must be Selina, please enter."

"Ah! Selina, we've been waiting for you," said Headmaster Robert.

Seeing Selina who tried not to show the frown of her forehead when she saw him, Arthur reflexively said, "You're late."

*Sigh*

'I did it again,' thought Arthur, who sighed.

"No... No... You're not late, Selina," said Headmaster Robert softly to Selina, after that he glared at Arthur.

"Arthur, don't pick on Selina," Headmaster Robert said, still with a friendly smile toward Selina.

"…" Arthur just kept quiet.

"Today we will learn about beginner magic, the element of light for Selina and the element of darkness for Arthur."

.

.

.

.

.

"Today's lesson ends here. Selina, you may return to your dorm, while Arthur you stay here for a while. I have something to discuss with you," Headmaster Robert concluded the lesson that day.

After Selina left the room, Headmaster Robert's kind face changed to strict.

"Why are you bothering Selina like that?" Headmaster Robert asked in a stiff tone.

"I reflexively did it," Arthur answered.

"How could you reflexively did it even though your mother and I have raised you from childhood to respect women and girls?"

"...I like Selina, Grandfather."

"You like her? Since when? And why did you do that to her even when you like her?" Asked Headmaster Robert.

Arthur finally told how he had been forced to wear a woman's clothes by his mother who at that time wanted a daughter and was kidnapped by three drunk people and then rescued by Selina three years ago.

"Ahahaha... So, the girl who saved you was Selina?" Asked Headmaster Robert.Arthur just nodded his head.

"Then why did you do that to her when you liked her?"

"It was my fault, the first time we met at Seraphium Royal Academy I thought she would remember who I am. I forgot the fact that during our meeting three years ago I was wearing women's clothing and the color of my hair and eyes was changed using Transformation magic. So I'm angry for no reason at her and teasing her has become my habit every time I see her, "Arthur explained

"You have to break your habit, or else she will hate you," Headmaster Robert advised Arthur.

"Understand, Grandfather."

.

.

.

.

.

The next day, Saturday, Arthur and Daniel were walking towards the South Building to meet with Jackson and Christian. However, in front of the South Building, they also saw Selina, Alexa, and two women they did not know.

"Rosenfeld and Daniel? Ugh! Why do I have to meet Rosenfeld even on Saturday?"

Hearing Selina's tone of dislike because she was about to meet him, Arthur said, "Sorry if I disturbed your pleasant Saturday."

"Rosenfeld?! You surprised me. You're lucky I didn't reflexively kick you," said Selina.

"Looks like I really can't treat you like a lady, Hua. You are a tomboy."

"What are you saying? You womanizer!"

'Well ... habits are hard to change. But if it's like this once in a while it's okay, right?' Thought Arthur who smiled at Selina's pouting cute face.

20