Chapter 12: Rutherbrandt Von Grimstrong & Margarethe Von Grimstrong (Edited 07/30/20)
907 4 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As they finished their lunch, they proceeded to Charlotte's house.

After arriving at the house, a father looking figure is waiting for them to cross their arms while looking grumpy.

"Charlotte, welcome back you too, Ruriko-sama," he said and added, "You, who are you? Why are you with my beloved cute daughter" He says with hostility.

Uwaahh~ Father like who's a daughter-con, Kuro thinks while trying to introduce himself.

"Hello Rutherbrandt-sama, I'm Kuro Shirokami. I coincidentally save your daughter from the bandits that attacked their carriage." I said formally, "I'm accompanying, her as she said that she wants to give her thanks."

"I see, then let me thank you properly later," then air around changed, an oppressive atmosphere floats around. "I challenge you to a duel young man!"

.... Caw, Caww, Caww.

"Ehh? Ehh!!! How did it come to that!?" Ruriko screams.

"...Father," Charlotte said, annoyed by her father while holding her forehead.

"Haaa I knew it would come to this..." I sighed.

"What!?, What is it is it wrong to challenge someone who's gonna be with my daughter!?" Rutherbrandt said.

"No like I said how did you come with that answer Rutherbrandt-sama!" Ruriko swang her arm and tsukkomi.

"Father!! I didn't say anything that we'd be together yet!!" Charlotte said, blushing deeply red.

"Eh? Yet!?" Ruriko was shocked. 

"You already liked him after he saved you once?" An easy girl? Ruriko shows in her face.

"Noooooo!!" Crouching now while covering her red face. 

"Cute" x3... The three agreed altogether.

............

After that, he explained how he saw her daughter with some unknown boy happily talking to him with Ruriko.

"I see no Father would be happy when your cute and adorable daughter is talking to someone he didn't know." I said and continued, "I would be angry too, I might kill him accidentally when he's walking alone in an alleyway."

Rutherbrandt and I shake hands together as if the answer is obvious.

"Uwaahh scary, scary~" Ruriko shivered.

"Mou~ what are you two doing" Charlotte facepalm while sighing well at the same time, she's happy that his father is getting along with someone.

 


 

 

Then at the big backyard, as the sun sets behind his back, hiding his face by the darkness, creating a mysterious aura. His eyes shine as if thinking something dangerously or more accurately on how to tease Charlotte... Even though his body looks lean, making them believe he doesn't look strong at all. But behind that skin is tight muscles that are strong as steel. His formless technique seems strange to others, but there's no opening at all.

His enemy, standing upright, forming a strong aura as if trying to coerce the one facing him, looks like her daughter got it from him. His face is like a gentleman that ladies will fell for. His form of swordsmanship looks good at him; there's no opening at all.

As the two face each other, people watching Charlotte, Ruriko and the maids and butlers, looked tense and quiet you can hear them gulping, drop of sweat forming on their head.

After a moment of silence, the two charged at each other fast, and two wooden swords clashed at each other. Each time they strike, it creates a hallucination as if a shockwave is coming out. 

After some time, it looks like the father is already breathing hard. While the boy still okay, not even sweat can be seen.

"HAAA!!!!" "OHHHH!!!" The two clash one last time with potent force. 

The father grits his teeth as if he doesn't want to lose, the boy doesn't talk and just have a serious face all the time as if a form of respect to the one his fighting.

The two stopped clashing, taking a distance at each other by jumping slightly backward.

 

The father is still breathing hard, and while the boy is still standing straight, there's a little bit of sweat now, but its as if he just took a walk.


 

 

"Pheww~, your father is strong huh, Charlotte," I said while sighing briefly...

"Huh? your the one to talk, it looked like you didn't even sweat a bit," his father retorted.

"Nn? there's a sweat see? It's just that I trained to protect myself before making contact with humans and other races," I said.

 

We took a sit that they prepared for us after we finished fighting.

"You trained yourself, but where? There are towns on other locations before the forbidden forest, but I didn't hear anything about you at all, Don't tell me you were training in that forest...? Rutherbrandt asked curiously.

"Ahh, tha-"

"Ahh! about that father, he said really trained at the forbidden forest I can't believe it at first but when I saw what he was wearing earlier, I think its the truth." Charlotte interrupted Kuro as he was about to speak.

"Yes, like what Charlotte said I trained myself on that 'forest'," I said as if confirming what she had told her father.

"Ch-Charlotte?? CHARRLOOTTEE!?" Rutherbrandt screams "Nuooo my daughter is!-- my daughter is leaving uwaaah!!!, I'll kill you right now Kuro!!" Rutherbrandt cries as if he is shedding tears of blood.

"No! what the heck~!" Ruriko slaps the air with the back of her hand. I think Ruriko has a trait of being a straight man like in those stand-up comedies.

"Ca-calm down father we're still not like that yet!!!" Charlotte interjects, but it made her father cried more. 

"Ma-Margarethe our daughter- our daughter is leaving us marrying a man!!!"

"Margarethe?" I asked curiously trying to ignore his father

"Ahh yes, I forgot to mention you, my mother her name is Margarethe Von Grimstrong, my father really likes her and doesn't have any concubine," she said, trying to ignore her crying father.

 

"Stop it Rutherbrandt, you are disturbing our daughter and Kuro-san." Someone said suddenly behind our back. She looked beautiful, she's like Charlotte's older sister, and she looks just like her, with a different style but a little older.

"Ehh? did I just become an air? I'm here too though," Ruriko mumbles as a tear forms in her left eye... No, you didn't Ruriko. I noticed you, but it's funny, so I didn't say a word to her.

 

"No of course, not Ruriko-sama, coming with my cute daughter to protect her, I give you my gratitude," Charlotte's mother said.

"N-no! It's not a problem at all, I like her as well too" Ruriko quickly said making Kuro grin.

"Heee~~ Yuri? is it Yuri?" I said it twice, yes, my eyes are shining. Who doesn't like two beautiful girls getting along with each other, right?

"Ba-bakayarou!!, not with that kind of meaning," Ruriko said, blushing. I grinned more deeply.

 "Then why are you blushing?"

"~~!!!" Ruriko can't talk back.

"My, my Ufufufu, I want two daughters and one son," Charlotte's mother said and continued "I want Ruriko too maybe you should come to our house ufufu, suddenly making us stop moving...

"EHHHH!!!?" x3 ...How did it come to that?

"My, Ufufufu"

 

The father, Rutherbrandt, was ignored at that time. After that, they took dinner, and Kuro properly greets them.

 

"Thank you for having me here letting me stay," I said and bowed slightly to Charlotte and her parents.

"No don't mention it and it's already night too, you don't have money right?" Charlotte said, 

"Now that you mentioned it, you're right haha," I said embarrassed slightly.

"Then I will go to Charlotte-sama's room right now, I still have something to tell her and before I go back to the castle tomorrow," Ruriko said as she leaves after bowing to Charlotte's parents. 

"Wait," I said, "Can you please don't mention me to the king after you reported, but it's okay to tell the other two heroes but please tell them that it's a secret."

"Sure night then," 

"Ahh good night," as I wave my hand to her.

....

"Then I'll go to the room you provided for me, thanks again, Charlotte," I said after I bowed again to Charlotte as her parent had already gone and left.

 

 

Though I didn't know, I slept deeply, and when I woke up, Charlotte is gone, and the mansion is a state of panic.

There's a letter on her bed that says, "come here in this place or else," a maid said as she said it loudly to us.

 

I think this is the first time I felt black with rage, making the surrounding cold as I stood there, not moving an inch, unconsciously letting my blood lust out, making the people with me fear as if they have seen the god of death himself.

I cursed myself as if what I said yesterday came true.

"I'll murder all they're family and friends not letting a single soul go." as I vanished quietly into thin air, making the people shocked like her parents and Ruriko.

 

 

 

15