06 Those F*****
1.7k 11 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We followed the cave inwards, what I thought was the whole cave was in fact only the central part of it.

Several tunnels of many shapes and sizes, some natural, others likely excavated by the Kobolds.

Following the girl through one of the tunnels, I could see stalactites and stalagmites along with large roots covered on vines that adorned the walls of the cave.

When we arrived at our destination my jaw dropped, the area was much bigger than the previous one, and when I say bigger I mean BIGGER, like the size of a fucking city, I mean sure, maybe not a big city, but at least was the size of a small town, but that's not the point. What amazed me is that this area is not like any cavern I have ever seen.

The moss and roots formed something I could not describe as nothing but an underground funcking jungle, as vast as my eyes could see, giant shiny shrooms lit up the ceiling of the cave in a manner that made the environment seem almost like a whole different world... And yes I know this is indeed another world.

If you shut your eyes you can hear the sound of little bugs and rodents running in the darkness, a slight sound of water dripping sound over the cave stones echoing, making the moisture in the cave dramatically increase.

Gazing at the little girl in front of me, and the surreal scenery of the cave I recalled something that somebody said to a little girl who travelled to another world once.

"Looks like I'm not in Kansas anymore..." I said it out loud without realising it.

"Huh? What's a khan-ss-aas?"
The albino asked, making a cute frown like a puppy.
"Is it food? I command you, go and get me one of those k-aan-sas to eat."

"Kansas is not food, its a place..." Sigh.
"Forget it, you wouldn't understand even if I explained, but speaking of which... HOW THE HELL THERE'S A FUCKING JUNGLE UNDERGROUND!"

"Wha?!"
"What's wrong with you, that's anoying, you don't have to yell, didn't they explain all about Underdark's entrance to us last night?" The little girl answered with a annoyed face.

"Underdark?" I said. "Wait... last night? What happened last night? and why nobody said anything to me?"

"Uh? Now that I thought about it, you weren't there."
The little girl realizing something said.
"It's not important anyway, the elders just said we could look for food here, but don't get too close to the abyss that leads to Underdark, because of the monsters."

'What!? That sounds pretty important to me, why didn't they wake me up? Are adults are that inconsiderate here?'

"Ah! There is one more thing."
The little girl immediately spoke up recalling something.
"They said not to say a word to the Cursed kin, 'He's dangerous, and doesn't deserve the sympathy of his ancestors. That's what they said, so don't say anything to this cursed kin or whatever, huh? you okay?"

"Those fuckers..."

 

41