09 Changes are never easy! Part 2
1.6k 9 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-Albino PoV-

The next day I attempted to get more food, but failed miserably.

That's when I remembered yesterday, the bloody scale kin...
No! I can't keep thinking about that stupid guy...
But he knows how to fight, right? I bet he is a very good hunter.
Aksi he owes me food for yesterday, right?
Yes!
I'm definitely not looking for him because I want to see him... No! It's only because he owes me!

Yes, he owes me food...

That's what I thought, at least until I found him...
All my newfound courage was gone, and I was ready to run away again when he turned around knocking me to the ground with his stupid tail.

He spotted me and immediately apologized by kneeling on the ground and asking for my forgiveness.

"What do you want, boss?" he asked.

"Food!" I said. "You owe me food."

"S-sorry, boss, food?" He said scared. "B-but I'm not the one who stole it from you yesterday."

"What! Are you stupid or something? It's obviously your fault because you failed yesterday, is not the duty of a subordinate to feed the boss?"

And that's how I got my first underling. Yes, pretty sure that's how it happened.
Maybe change isn't so bad after all...

He followed me through the tunnels to the hunting grounds like a good underling, I could see him amazed and curious about everything.

Heh, he's just a kid after all...

"Looks like I'm not in Kansas anymore..." He said.

"Huh? What's a khan-ss-aas?"
"Is it food? I command you, go and get me one of those k-aan-sas to eat."

"Kansas is not food, its a place..."

Here he comes saying weird things again...

"Forget it, you wouldn't understand even if I explained, but speaking of which... HOW THE HELL THERE'S A FUCKING JUNGLE UNDERGROUND!" He yelled, really... the elders talked about it yesterday, didn't they? You're not very smart are you?

"What's wrong with you, that's anoying, you don't have to yell, didn't they explain all about Underdark's entrance to us last night?"

"Underdark?"
"Wait... last night? What happened last night? and why nobody said anything to me?"

"Uh? Now that I thought about it, you weren't there."

This guy... really, forgetting about the meeting called by the elders, sigh...
At least he's lucky I chose him as my underling.

"It's not important anyway, the elders just said we could look for food here, but don't get too close to the abyss that leads to Underdark, because of the monsters."

I think there is something else too, what was it, someting about a queen? no i don't think so...
Ah i get it!

"Ah! There is one more thing."
"They said not to say a word to the Cursed kin, 'He's dangerous, and doesn't deserve the sympathy of his ancestors. That's what they said, so don't say anything to this cursed kin or whatever."

Okay, now he knows everything...

"huh? you okay?"

That's when it happened.

BOOM!

Change is never easy.
You can be happy and in the best place in the world and still it only takes a second for everything to change.

Just one second...

I don't know what happened after that, but I do know one thing.
Change is necessary, to protect my subordinate...

I need to get stronger!

The world is a strange place, isn't it?

 

43