11 Tiamat! Part 2
1.5k 9 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"All in time..." He said. "Why don't we talk about you... Cursed Kin."

"But first, you must be hungry, no?" He said giving me a questionable piece of meat on a skewer. "You should rest and eat well, for your injuries to heal."

I looked at him suspiciously, then at the weird skewer, and at him again...

"If I'm this Cursed Kin you talk so much about, why are you helping me?"

"Hehehe! You're smart little one, and you're right to be suspicious, but if I had wanted you dead I wouldn't have brought you here or bandaged your wounds, would I?"

He said with a grin on his scaly face.

"The others did indeed want to deprive you of food to kill you, but you're in luck, by the ancient law they cannot kill you directly, that is unless you attack them first, but have no doubt, they will keep trying."

"Let them come! I'll..." The old kobold immediately strikes me in the head with his staff, not hard enough to injure me, but regardless it hurt all the same. "Ouch! What was that for?"

"I take it back, you are as dumb as they come, didn't you hear what I just said?"

He repeated in indignation.

"The ancient law forbids them to do anything against you unless you attack first, that's your advantage, the last thing you want to do is give them a justified reason to retaliate!"

"Why should I listen to you?" I asked, rubbing the bump on my head.
Watching the old man raise his staff again... "D-don't hit me again!"

The old man sighed, shaking his head, saying.

"Regardless of my motivation in helping you, you can't do anything wounded like that, for now just eat and gather your strength, after all it was you who hunted this meat, it seems fair that you should eat it."

He said it in a soft, barely audible voice. "The others have taken the materials and most of the meat tho, nothing you can do about it now."

'...Those fuckers!'

"...Thank you." I said reluctantly.

The old kobold said with a nod. "Eat and rest for now, I'll be back in the morning to check on you."

After that, the old kobold turned back and left the tent.

[That was better than I expected.]

'Huh? What did you expect?'

[Don't know, maybe a curse, poison or a shitty ritual? I mean, the guy does use skulls in his clothes you know?]

'Didn't you hear him tho? I'm already Cursed.'

[Fair point, but resuming our earlier talk before the old weirdo with skull on his clothes interrupted us... Where did we stop?]

'About how I'm a crazy guy who have a voice in my head?'

[Yes! I mean... No! We're talking about the system... The system!]

"Oh riiiight, tell me all about the magical system who will solve all my problems then... Erm... What your name again?'

[Tiamat! How did you forget my name already, I just told you!]

'Ehh... Tiamat right, that name totally don't sound made up... Sorry it's just that you don't have a very common name, among other things.'

[Hey, if you'd rather call me Thoughtful, Intelligent, Advanced, Magical, Assistant, Transmigrator go ahead, but I'm pretty sure it'll get boring after a while.]

'Tiamat it is!' I weirdly thought. 'So... tell me about the system then.'

[Ah... right! Actually I think it'll be easier for me to show you...]

As soon as she said that a blue window popped up in front of my eyes.


[Status.]

Name: Nameless  Status: Cursed(Berserk) - Locked
Level: 02/20  Class: Sorcerer/Red Dragon - Locked
Stats:
Skills: Spells:
Hp: 07/20 Dark Vision (Kobold) - 
Beginner
Scorch Breath - Locked
Mp: 16/16 Jiu jtsu  -
Intermediate
Str: 5 Draconic(Kobold) - Intermediate
Dex: 12
Vit: 10
Int: 8
Wis: 7
Cha: 8
Skill Points: 1

 


'Shiit! Is that really real?'

[Told ya I was amazing, and smart, also incredible beautiful, you should listen to me more you now?]

'I thought you were just a voice in my head that I created to escape the fact that I almost died in a scary different world full of monsters!'

 

 

40