14 Power is Everything! Part 1
1.4k 5 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Old Black Scales PoV

Today is the day the new kin should be hatched, honestly I don't get why I have to stay here and witness the little bastards being born.

Sigh! The others on the Council hardly have to do that, why I had to go and take that watcher's job...

Deep down I know why, I want power... No, I need more power!

Let's hope those eggs have more than just green bastards, and has at least one or two heirs.

In the time it took for the first batch of eggs to hatch, my frustrations only increased, there were only weak, useless, green bastards, with no drop of draconic power flowing into their bodies...

Or so I thought.

One of the eggs would move but not crack, the failure to break its own egg only demonstrates weakness, that this kin would be useless, but as the watcher is my duty to help these worthless ones to get out of their shells.

'What a waste of time, if it were my choice I would simply let them die in there, not like a wortless kin will make some difference to the clan anyways.' I thought by opening the egg.

That's when I spotted something that surprised me...

'Yes! An heir and it looks like is a small girl, white scales, red eyes and that momentary cold aura around the egg.'

There was no doubt that the little kin who couldn't get out of her egg alone was an heir to the white bloodline, one of the 5 great bloodlines... Before I could stop to think,one of the eggs broke in a explosively way closer to me.

Another heir kin, two in the same litter, what a lucky day, I'm glad they put me as an watcher this time.

This one was different, bigger too... More ordinary? He certainly had draconic blood, but by the color of his golden scales you could see that it was very little, none of the bloodlines had golden scales, he also had no aura of any kind, or magic, was basically the same as one of the bastards, just with bright scales and nothing else.

'Disappointments apart just the white one was already worth it, she is small but if taken care of well she will survive to maturity, and I will be able to absorb her blood increasing my power more.'

'Hehehehe.' I was ready to leave as it was unlikely that more heirs would appear in the same litter... When I saw two attendants frozen in fear looking at a kin inside a egg...

'Uh? Is that a tail? It's oddly long for a...' My eyes widened, the kin inside the egg had a strangely large tail... No, that's not it, what caught my attention was... he was red...
Red scales...

"Cursed Kin..." scaped my mouth. An heir of the ancient royal draconic bloodline here? And by his features, red scales, small horns, and that long tail his draconic blood was strong, just by being near his egg you could feel the heat that emanated from the shell, his eyes had a little glow of yellow flames that gradually faded along with the sensation of heat.

'If I have that power, I will finally...'

The Council would never let a Cursed Kin survive.
I have to find some way...
A way to protect him until he becomes an adult and I can harvest this power.

37