Chapter 3: Father arrives home
3.5k 16 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3: Father arrives home

My father heard the news and went home as fast as he could. He arrived at the palace within two hours. My mother ran towards him the moment she saw him. I lay in her arms while she ran, and her boobs constantly bounced on my head. It was annoying, but I didn’t hate it. My father embraced both of us and my mother cried in his arms.

“Darling, I’m so glad your home. The assassins, they terrified me. They tried to rape me in front of my son. Had they no remorse? I feared for his life and mine, especially his.”

“It’s my fault, my love. I took your safety for granted and thought mere guards would do the job. I immediately imprisoned them and put them on death row.”

“You did what?” I interrupted, “I already punished them enough by resigning them. Didn’t they tell you that?”

“No they did not, they didn’t dare to speak back when I scolded them. But enough of this discussion. Let me introduce you to your new personal guards,” he pointed at a female knight. She wore gray armor with golden outlines. She wore a white cape which made her eye-catching to look at. She didn’t wear a helmet, and her beauty was stunning. She appeared to be no younger than sixteen. Her hair was brown and worn into a ponytail. She caught me staring into her bright green eyes and smiled. My heart skipped a pulse, and I looked away in embarrassment.

“Introduce yourself, girl.”

“Yes, my imperial majesty!” She formally bowed to my father and then looked at my mother and I.

“Your imperial majesty, my prince. My name is Lilian Beaumont, eldest daughter of king Terrance. I’m honored to be your new personal guard. I swear I’ll protect your life with my own.”

“That’s what they all say,” my mother said. She didn’t look amused. “But please call me lady from now on. I hate it when people say such long formal titles. It’s draining my energy,” she then looked at the youthful knight standing next to her, “that’s also applies to you, darling.”

The young knight hurriedly nodded and blushed.

My mother’s attention went back to girl, “so what’s your class?”

“I’m a paladin, my lady. I’m capable of top level healing and I’m specialized in light magic. I can create holy shields capable of stopping all attacks.”

“All attacks you say? That’s quite the daring statement to make. How certain are you?”

“Very certain my lady.”

“Very well, mind if I test some of your strengths?”

Lillian looked uneasy. My mother’s request caught her off guard. My mother noticed her change in behavior and said, “What’s the matter, girl? Don’t tell me you don’t trust your own sense.”

“I do my lady, but I don’t want you to get hurt.”

“Hurting me? It’s not me you will fight, it’s my son.”

Lillian and the male guard looked shocked at me. My father questioned my mother’s intention’s. He hadn’t heard the full extent of my powers yet.

“The prince?”. She questioned, “but he’s only a baby?”

“Not him in direct combat, but one of his golems.”

“Golems? The prince, he is a summoner?”

My mother nodded and smirked proudly.

Lillian was still in astonishment, but she retrieved herself fairly hastily and said, “This is truly something, but I’ll do my best!”

We all went outside to our garden. Near it lay a spacious open field made of rock. My mother carried me while we wandered toward it. I admired the girl, so I didn’t want to make it tough for her. My mother’s questioning surprised me. Her demeanor towards her was so different from usual. She was an angel towards the housemaids, but not to this female knight. Did she condemn her for the inadequacy of our previous guards?

“This looks like a fine spot,” my mother declared.

We all stopped. My mother, Lillian and I walked towards the midst of the field. My father and the boy knight stayed by and observed. They looked amused.

“Ready when you are,” said Lillian.

My mother looked and me and spoke, “do your thing, sweetie.”

I nodded and summoned one lesser earth golem. The ground trembled, and a human-sized golem formed. Everyone looked in awe except my mother, she smiled.

“Extraordinary.” I heard them say.

I wanted to know if I could see stats. The moment I thought about it, a pop-up appeared before my eyes.

【Do you want to permanently activate Eyes of God?】

Yes! I wanted that.

【Eyes of God activated】

I saw an overflowing amount of knowledge, but my great intelligent made up for it. It automatically hid all redundant information and looked at my golem.

Name: Golem
Sex: -
Race: Lesser Golem
Type: Earth

Stats:
Level: 50
Strength: 250
Constitution: 400
Dexterity: 50
Intelligence: 50
Wisdom: 50
Charisma: 50
Defense: 400

Equipment: None

Abilities: 【Earth Shield】, 【Stomp】

It thrilled me. That information looked valuable. I looked at the abilities and thought my golem lacked some. I then realized it was a lesser one, so it made sense. I then looked at Lillian and her stats.

Name: Lillian Beaumont
Sex: Female
Race: Human
Class: Paladin

Stats:
Level: 79
Strength: 335
Constitution: 359
Dexterity: 250
Intelligence: 355
Wisdom: 325
Charisma: 150
Defense: 355

Equipment:

Helmet: None
Chest-plate: Holy Chest-plate
Legs: Holy Legs
Shoes: Holy Shoes
Gloves: Holy Gloves
Back: Holy Cape
Main Hand: Holy Sword
Secondary Hand: Holy Shield

Set bonus:
1. Receives 50% less damage from Dark spells.
2. Deal 100% more damage to Monsters with the dark Type.
3. Defense increased by 50%.
4. 20% Resistance to all elements.
5. Healing spells are 50% more effective.

Abilities: 【Holy Shield】, 【Heal Prayer】, Passive【Holy Aura】, 【Divine Slash】, 【Prayer of Power】

“Are you all right, sweetie?” My mother asked.

“Huh, yes, why?”

“Ara ara, your face was so adorable when you made that puzzled expression. You kept staring at Lillian, she became embarrassed which was entertaining to look at.”

“I see, that was not my intention…”

“When do we start?” Shouted Lillian.

“Now, attack, but don’t kill her,” I told.

My golem ran towards Lillian, but it was slow. Lillian also rushed towards him, but she was much quicker.

“Divine Slash!”

She slashed at my golem, leaving a trail of golden light behind. My golem tried to block it, but lost his right arm. He created an earth shield that covered his entire body. He was now twice as sturdy. Lillian tried another Divine Slash again, but it was much less effective this time. Golem blocked it, but it left a scar behind. He stomped at Lillian; she tried to block it but was sent flying instead. She landed on her butt and coughed some blood.

“That thing is much stronger than expected. But I can defeat it! Holy Shield! Prayer of Power!” She shouted.

She replaced her shield with an even larger one, double the size. It gave a white brilliant glow and looked formidable. Her complete body was glowing, and she surged with power. She rushed at the golem and stabbed it. The golem tried to block it with his surviving arm, but she cut it off. He tried to kick her, but her shield was too great. She used Divine Slash twice in a row, and destroyed the golem. He broke down into ash and disappeared.
“I did it!” She shouted. She kept jumping into the air.

“Well done, girl, this battle changed my judgment of you. You proved more competent than I initially thought.”

“Thank you, my lady! I’ll keep doing my best to protect you and your son.”

“Me?” She laughed, “I appreciate your offer, but I was thinking about assigning you to my boy. You’ll be his personal guard. And besides, he might desire a youthful woman to practice with when he gets older.”

Lillian became as red as a tomato, but nodded anyway.

“Don’t tease the girl, honey,” my father interrupted. He then faced Lillian and smiled, “congratulation Lillian, you’re now the personal guard of my son. I expect you will take excellent care of him, especially when he will become a man.” My father winked. Her face became crimson and eyed away. He then glanced at my mother and asked, “should I introduce you to this young man? I’m afraid you’ll ask him to fight too.”

“That won’t be necessary, I’ll gladly take him as my bodyguard,” my mother teasingly answered. The young knight blushed. It embarrassed him.

“What?” Lillian disturbed, she realized her intrusive act and said, “Apologies my lady, but why did you test me, but not him?”

“Because I liked him at first glance, and that wasn’t the case with you, but don’t worry you’ve proved your worth. And besides, I would like to establish a wonderful relationship with you in case you marry my son. So I offer my sincere apology.”

Lillian panicked and hastily responded, “there’s no need for you to apologize, my lady, I understand your judgments and I won’t question you again. And about marrying your son, I’m not worthy of him. A lowly princess of a minor kingdom shouldn’t marry the son of the god emperor.”

She looked down after she said that.

My mother laughed and said, “There’s nothing improper with people of different social statuses marrying. Look at me, I’m the daughter of a Baron and yet here I am.”

Lillian’s eyes lightened up and said with great devotion, “I’ll do my best and I promise I won’t disappoint you!”

My mother nodded in approval. She then looked at the young knight and said, “You introduce yourself.”

“Yes my lady, my name’s Eward Richmond, I’m the son of King Louis from the Richmond kingdom.”

“What is your class and your abilities?”

“I’m a knight, I won’t be able to create shields or do any kind of healing, but my strength makes up for it. I’ll defeat the enemies before they can even attack!”

“Very well, your assigned as our bodyguard.”

He stood still for a second, but then he bowed and said, “My lady, I also want to prove my worth. I’ll do everything to show that I’m not worthless.”

My mother hesitated for a moment.
“Very well, then.”

We all went to the middle again, I didn’t like this guy. So I summoned a stronger golem this time.

“Come forth, Golem King.”

What's your opinion about the amount of information shown on the stats
  • Good amount, don't change it Votes: 112 87.5%
  • I would like more information (please leave a suggestion) Votes: 16 12.5%
  • It lacks information (please leave a suggestion) Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 128
59