Chapter 4: Edward’s Trial
3k 14 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Edward Richmond, the boy knight, looked to be around eighteen years old. He was average looking, but a vigorous worker. His eyes were hazel, and he wasn’t very tall, he wasn’t muscular, but lean. He craved to develop into a powerful knight. We were the most powerful family in the empire. If he became our personal guard, his fame would explosive immensely.

His dreams shattered when he saw the gargantuan monster-like creature ascending the earth. The absurdity appeared to be two skyscrapers tall. His limbs were shaking, and his stance weakened. His thoughts cursed himself for letting his mouth run. Why did he constantly felt the need to prove his worth? Why did the god empress have to look so tempting? And how to hell was this baby so insanely strong?

“That thing is enormous,” Lillian said, “glad I didn’t have to fight that thing. The baby doesn’t like you, Edward.”

“You didn’t have to rub it in my face, Lillian, and besides I did nothing wrong.”

I didn’t see it that way. I’m not stupid and the way he looked at my mother didn’t please me. I’m not the type of person who gets jealous quickly. I just wanted to let him know his place. I was curious about my golem’s stats, so I looked at it.

Name: Golem
Sex: -
Race: Earth
Type: King

Stats:
Level: 5.000
Strength: 192.000
Constitution: 350.000
Dexterity: 102.000
Intelligence: 92.000
Wisdom: 92.000
Charisma: 150.000
Defense: 450.000
Equipment: None

Abilities: 【Summon Lesser Earth Golem】, 【Summon Earth Golem】, 【Summon Higher Earth Golem】, 【Summon Earth Golem Champion】, 【Annihilation Earthquake】, 【Stomp Of Destruction】, 【Ear-deafening-roar】, 【Self-restore】, 【Earth Shield】, 【Earth Armor】, Passive 【King of Golems】.

My eyes popped out of my head. This monstrosity was insane. Was there a limit to the amount of summons I could have? I would investigate that later. One thing I knew for sure. Edward wouldn’t win this. Hell, even surviving this was a miracle. I didn’t care for Edward’s stats, so I looked at my own.

Name: Artar
Sex: Male
Race: Human
Class: -

Stats: Level: 1
Strength: 52.000.000
Constitution: 52.000.000
Dexterity: 52.000.000
Intelligence: 52.000.000
Wisdom: 52.000.000
Charisma: 152
Defense: 52.000.000

Equipment: Expensive suit.

Abilities: 【Summon Lesser Earth Golem】, 【Summon Earth Golem】, 【Summon Higher Earth Golem】, 【Summon Earth Golem Champion】, 【Summon Earth Golem King】, Passive 【Eyes Of God】, Passive 【Exhaustion Prevention】, Passive 【Magic Damage Immunity】, Passive 【Physical Damage Immunity】, Passive 【Instant Mastery】.

It shocked me. I knew I was strong, but I didn’t expect this. And I was only level one?
I suddenly got another message again:

【First time using Eyes Of God on self detected】
【Learning new ability】
【Artar can now summon the Titan Dardanos, Eater Of Gods】

It confused me. Why would I get an ability for checking myself out? I didn’t mind it though. This sounded like a scary monster and I wondered what it would look like. I looked at my mother and suggested, “mommy, I think this monster is too strong for Edward, can I summon another one?”

“Another golem? Sweetheart, I think you should summon a less powerful one. This one is too overwhelming.”

“I meant another monster.”

“You can summon other monsters?”

“Yes.”

“Sure go ahead, honey.”

I unsummoned my golem king. His body slowly fell apart and huge rocks fell everywhere.

“The hell is going on?” Asked Edward.

“The prince didn’t find the Golem fit for this battle so he’s summoning another monster.”

Edward sighed in relief. There’s nothing worse than a golem king. But he was wrong, very wrong.

A crack appeared in the world, its stature topping that of the golem king by an equal extent. Space around the fracture looked distorted as if reality bended. A forbidden being stepped out of it.

It shocked everybody, including me.

“It can’t be… That’s impossible…” Said my father.

“What’s going on?” I asked.

“That thing, it’s the titan Dardanos, he who ate the gods in the chaos era.”

Dardanos stepped out the void and roared to show his overpowering might.

“My eternal imprisonment lifted, I’m free after all these years. I’ll punish those who stood against me. I’ll slaughter those who forsook me.”

“No, you're not. Comply to your master.”

The titan fell to his knees, unable to refuse. The world shuddered. I saw this as a chance to see his stats.

Name: Dardanos
Sex: Male
Race: Titan
Class: Titan

Stats:

Level: 1.500.000.000
Strength: 157.000.250.000
Constitution: 157.000.250.000
Dexterity: 157.000.250.000
Intelligence: 157.000.250.000
Wisdom: 157.000.250.000
Charisma: 157.000.250.000
Defense: 157.000.250.000

Equipment:

Helmet: None
Chest-plate: None
Legs: None
Shoes: None
Gloves: None
Back: None
Main Hand: Broken Chains of Eternal Prison
Secondary Hand: Broken Chains of Eternal Prison

Abilities: Passive 【Devourer Growth】, Passive 【Hardened mind】, Passive 【Instant Regeneration】, 【Carnage Target】, 【Tear Reality】, 【Summon Army of the Eaten】………

I wanted to study the rest of his stats, but I got disrupted.

“Enough Artar, unsummon him, now!” My father ordered.

I unsummoned him. Two massive chains from the crack appeared and chained Dardanos. He screamed and tried to resist, but he failed. He got dragged back into the void.

“I’ll be back! Next time I’ll carnage this world!”

Then he disappeared, and the crack closed. The space that bended reality slowly restored. Everyone sighed in relief, except Edward. He passed out.

Lillian remained frozen in place. I think the titan shocked her. My mother and I tried to calm her down, and she bursted into tears. She removed her breastplate, revealing her white shirt underneath. She ran towards my mother and ran into her arms. My mother hugged her while still holding me in her other arm. I was getting sandwiched between two massive boobs… I sighed… this were the people responsible for our safety…

My father went to check on Edwin and exhaled. He then glowered at me and my mother.

I think I’m in serious trouble. But hey, what’s the worst punishment a 1-year-old would get?

61