Chapter 5: Cold Night
3.1k 19 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My mother put me into bed when the day finally ended. I had my own room. Which was very spacious. They accepted Edward as our bodyguard and he could live in a house nearby our palace. Lillian got her own room next to mine, and I didn’t know why. I felt conflicted; I was tuning in to the conversation my parents had.

My father spoke to my mother.

“The assassins that attacked the other day. They weren’t some inept fools. They were professionals. We found sigils carved onto their necks, two headed serpents. Insignia of the Enigma Brotherhood, an elite assassin's organization.”

“But don’t they know you're the god emperor? Don’t they know the consequences of attempted murder on the imperial family? Executing them and enslaving their descendants for a thousand generations. Can’t we just destroy this brotherhood?”

“The Enigma Brotherhood belongs to nobody. They will assassinate anybody as long as they get compensated. Exterminating them would be impossible. They have members everywhere in the empire. But don’t worry, I’ve got confidence in our new guards. Speaking of guards, you don’t happen to fancy the boy knight, do you?”

“You’re joking, right? I don’t fancy other men. I only love my husband, and this body belongs to you. Why would I even want to start something with such an insect?”

My father didn’t look persuaded, he frowned at my mother.

“Still not convinced? Maybe this will help.”

She stepped off the bed and gently undressed herself. She removed her gown and revealed the sexy underwear she wore. My father's eyes became full of lust. He stepped towards my mother and gave her a French kiss. He pinched her bum, and she let out a high-pitched moan. 

I could predict where this was going, but I couldn’t see through walls so I wasn’t sure. I kept listening.

My mother smiled and smooched him even harder. My father got rock solid. My mother noticed and snatched his crotch. He couldn’t hide his desire and moaned. My mother pulled his pants off and grabbed his club and licked it with her…

Okay, I heard enough. I stopped listening to handle this trauma. I sealed my eyes and went to snooze.

A young woman cried in my arms. She told me it was not my fault. She took her bag, grabbed my hand and walked alway through the door.

“You cannot do this to me! You fucking whore! I did nothing wrong.”

The youthful woman started weeping even harder, I nearly couldn’t keep up. My limbs were still so short.

“Cheater. How could he do this to me? After everything I have done for him.” She started barking and looked at me, “promise mommy you will look after girls and treat them well. Don’t make them unhappy. Don’t be like your father.”

I nodded.

Five years went by. I was twelve now. My mother and I lived in a quiet town now. Away from the city. I couldn’t remember much from my dad. Except that he wasn’t nice. He hurt mommy. Today was my first day in middle school. Mommy brought me over and gave me a kiss. She wished me well.

I wandered through the hallway on my waY to the class. I noticed a girl getting bullied by a bunch of guys. They were bullying her, because she had big breasts for her age.

“Nice boobs you’ve got there, mind if we call you tits from now on?”

“Just leave me alone!” The girl started sobbing.

“Uh, tits is crying?” He looked at his two other friends and they started grinning, “mind if we feel your tits?” He tried to grab her tits, but I stopped him. I held his wrist with a tight grip.

“She said leave her alone. Harassing girls, how pathetic. But anyway, she’s not interested in you guys. You are fucking ugly.”

The girl stopped crying and looked at me. She smiled and had a hopeful look on her face.

The boy harassing the girl became angry and answered, “Huh? You dare interrupt us? I’ll make you pay for this, grab him!”

Two of them tried to grab me, but I punched them at the side of their head. I instantly knocked them out. The remaining boy, the “leader” panicked and tried to punch me. I sidestepped and gave him a stomp in his belly. He squealed and fell on his knees. I kicked his face, and he slammed against the wall. Everybody looked at me. They feared what they saw and everybody started gossiping.

I went to check how the girl was doing, and she hugged me. She cried and told me how frightened she was.

“Why did you save me?” She asked.

“I hate it when the strong bully on the weak. And besides, my mother told me to be nice and protect little girls.”

Her face became red. She gave a quick kiss and ran away.

“And I’m not little!” She screamed.

I smirked. 

“What the earth happened here? You! Young man, principal office, now!”, he commanded.

Dammit, I was in big trouble.

Two months passed by and Rika didn’t get bullied anymore. She became my girlfriend, and we promised to see each other at the entrance. 

“Seiji-kun!” She screamed.

She stood across the street and smiled and waved at me. I felt the butterflies in my stomach and waved back! She ran to me, but a truck ran her over. My world shattered. It didn’t feel real. Maybe I could still save her. The truck took off. I ran towards her and grabbed her. I held her small body, but it was hopeless. Her body wrecked, I sat in a pool of blood and started crying. I felt powerless; I wished I could turn back time, but I couldn’t. I couldn’t keep my promise toward my mother…

I woke up sweating.

It was just a dream; it was just a dream. The dream that haunted me in the past wouldn’t let me alone, even in this new life. A tear ran down my face, and I tried to sleep again.

60