Chapter 1: Devil from the sky (part2)
81 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The awkward silence for a full five minutes. Lily snapped out from her daze, looked at Phoenix with a bit of resentment, and stared intensely to confirm that she wasn’t delirious. It was just then that she noticed the peculiarity in her irises. The pupils shape changed, and matched those of cats.

Phoenix, looked at Lily, as she felt her scrutiny gaze. She smiled at her, which made the latter fall into a dazed state again, and said: “So, Lily… I know you might have a lot of questions, but set them aside for now, I will answer them later. For now, I am curious about which era, on Earth we are currently.”

Lily would have been for a while, if not for Phoenix broken voice, she coughed out of embarrassment and answered: “Today is the 16 February 2019, also no...” Phoenix’ exasperate yell cut her mid-sentence: “This is the 21st Century, Ow… what I’m gonna do. Stupid space storm, it ditched me from my original destination...”

Lily jaw dropped instantly, her initial view of Phoenix being a dignified queen, was shattered with one simple sentence. Her imagination ran wild: ‘As the saying goes, “don’t judge a book by it’s cover”! Guess I’ll have to treat her as spoiled brat, and if the legend is true, she’s a brat with a few millennia old.

Sigh... Phoenix, how about we go inside? I’ll lend you some clothes, yours are wet, I’ll have to dry them.” Lily said as she approached Phoenix, The latter noticing this was indeed the case, she shook and replied “No need for--” she stopped and her face flushed red, making her look cuter than ever before since she first appeared. With a tiny voice, trying to hide her embarrassment, she said: “I’ll do as you suggested but only this once, so don’t get me wrong, it’s just because I’m very weak...” She took the lead, after a few steps she turned around saying: “Come on, hurry up!”

Lily was to her wits end. She looked to the sky, ‘I am getting stuck with a devil that fell from the sky; this is going to be interesting!’ and said to herself before she shook her head and followed Phoenix into the house, a wide smile on her face.

1