Chapter 5: Angel Falls
1.7k 6 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

   A nervous Tusk enters the classroom, he can see two beautiful ladies standing in the front of the class.

   "This is it, no helping it now, I gotta man up!" A still nervous Tusk thought, although his mind is running in so many directions and his heartbeat racing like a horse. He understands that first impressions are always important, and will determine what people would perceive him to be for a long time.

  "That's what dad always says… gotta make a very good first impression!" So with a great determination and all the courage he can muster, Tusk stood in the front of the class and opened his mouth.

   And with all of his willpower, uttered the first words he ever said in his new school.

       "Gudfdaytuyouhf…" 

  An uncomfortable silence followed, it was eerily quiet. The whole class had a look of confusion and surprise. Nobody expected this, how can someone so handsome turned out to be a complete dork. It's probably one of the bigger mysteries of the cosmos.

   Then from the back right side of the classroom, a soft giggle started to be heard, slowly gaining strength and momentum, until it became a full blown laugh. 

   Chitose, tried hard to stop herself from laughing, but she can't help it, her soft giggle turned into laughter before she realised it.

   The whole class looked at Chitose in disbelief, never before they saw the stoic girl laugh like that, or even laughed for that matter. It's not everyday that such occurrences happen, let alone two. This is turning to be one strange day indeed.

  Tusk however was relieved that the attention was diverted from him. He bowed down to Miss Anne and the girl standing beside.

  "What a cute girl!" Tusk thought admiring Lyn's beauty. The blush on his cheeks betrays his thoughts clearly. Never before has he seen someone so cute and so pure, since most girls he saw in the capital wear paints on their faces.

   "But she doesn't wear any paint on her face at all, it's all her natural face, she is so cute!" Tusk can't seem to take his eyes off Lyn for some reason, those dark eyes, long eyelashes, that shapely lips that you want to kiss, the shape of her face and the long black straight hair, not to mention her petite frame that wants Tusk to protect her at all cost.

   "Hello… excuse me" Lyn greeted Tusk in a cheerful way, waving her hands in a very cute manner.

   "My name is Lyn Holden, I am the class president. On behalf of the whole class 2-C, I welcome you to the school, I hope we can be all good friends." With a sweet smile, Lyn took Tusk's right hand and gently shook it. 

  Tusk is still staring blankly at Lyn when Miss Anne, who was clearly enjoying the turn of events finally faced Tusk and placed her right hand on his shoulder and said; "Shouldn't you be introducing your name to the whole class dear?" Miss Anne said in a playful manner.

  That finally snapped Tusk back into reality. And he finally managed to compose himself, he cannot afford to look like a fool again in front of Lyn. So he cleared his throat and finally managed to speak normally.

  "My name is Tusk Regnum, I am happy and honored to be a part of this class. I am new to this town and have no friends, so I hope we can all be close friends. I will be in your care from now on."

   He said it with such flair that Chitose once again burst into laughter. This time so hard that even Claire was trying to calm her down with a worried look.

  Tusk was surprised and stared at Chitose thinking, "How dare this fat orc laugh at me! But I need to keep my cool in front of Lyn…" Tusk was thinking when he saw the girl who was trying desperately to calm the fat orc down.

  "Oh what's this, she looks kind of familiar… very familiar… but I just can't remember when or where." He tried so hard to remember those old memories that he finally forgot that he was still standing in front of the class… not that the ladies mind it anyway, after all, it's not everyday that you have a new classmate coming and a handsome one to boot too. There aren't many good looking guys in school and so choices are really very slim, only Bruno is tolerable at best. But now however…

  With this realisation, the girls are now sizing up potential rivals. Most consider Lyn and Claire as the top contenders and the most difficult to beat.

  "So Tusk, I have already assigned a seat for you." Miss Anne told Tusk pointing to a vacant seat at the right back side of the room, beside Chitose's seat.

  "What the fuck?! Why there?! I don't want to sit beside that, that thing!" Tusk erupted which surprised his classmates and Miss Anne. He just blurted out without thinking, completely losing his composure.

  That outburst shocked even Miss Anne, but she remembered that this is the child of the new governor, and even in this remote part of the country, everyone knows the great Red Thunder Ars Regnum. So she just let it slide.

   Lyn quickly took charge of the situation to avoid it escalating any further than it should.

   "Follow me." She took Tusk's hands and led him to his seat.

   "So, if you need anything or you have any questions on anything regarding the school, don't hesitate to ask me, I will help you the best I can okay?" Lyn said with a smile as Tusk finally settled down on his seat.

  "Thank you." Was all that Tusk could say, failing to hide his embarrassment for his outburst earlier.

  So with that, the students of class 2-C finally welcomed their new classmate. And with a sideway glance, Tusk sees a smiling Chitose, her golden eyes sparkling with such pure radiance, that regardless of what his first impression of the 'fat orc' made his heart skip a beat.

                        ……………..

   Just outside the classroom, far from the sight of ordinary humans, a lone figure flying high up in the sky with great haste, Tarmora has finally reached Triplance.

  "I can feel Sinante Bluewings mana radiating nearby. But where can he precisely be?" Tarmora was surveying the surroundings for any sign of the High Balekon, but to no avail. 

   She wishes to be out of sight to humans as possible. But now she realises that she needs to go down and to mingle with the people if she has a chance to locate the archmage. She hated the idea, but she had no choice.

   With great ease, she dived down to a secluded forest just outside of town. When she finally touched down, she made her wings retract to her slender back, slowly, the wings retracted until no traces of them and only smooth pale skin can be seen.

  "First, I need to find some clothing, I can't walk around town looking like this, with only this ugly cloak and all naked underneath, I am still a lady and should act as such." She said to herself while blushing like a pure maiden (which she technically is)

  So with those thoughts, she walked to the edge of the woods to look for houses that had clothes hanging on the outside for drying.

   Reaching a small copse of trees on the way, she spied a small white bunny rabbit staring at her. The bunny twitches its ear then happily hoppes towards her. Tarmora's eyes widened in sheer joy and can't contain her happiness in the presence of such a cute creature. She has always loved animals ever since she can remember, so she picked up the bunny and kissed its nose in a playful manner, then she placed it down on the ground once again and continued with her business. 

   She spotted a small cottage just on the other side of the clearing with clothes hanging for drying. She quietly sneaked near to the house, cautiously checking for any signs of people, lazing about. So far, she saw no signs of life around the cottage, which is good since she plans to steal some clothes after all, which is very humiliating if she got caught. Imagine, Tarmora getting caught for stealing clothes.

  "Unforgivable!" Tarmora muttered under her breath, thinking what a great travesty it is indeed if she actually got caught, they would be signing songs of it throughout history, they would probably call it 'The goddess who can't buy her own clothes so she stole some peasants clothes instead' that thought made her irritated that she almost screamed because of embarrassment. But she managed to calm herself, and focused on the task at hand.

  The clothesline was not very long and the number of clothes were very few. She found some clothes for girls though, although it seems a little small, it was a simple high neck blue striped tank top, a pink panty with a small cute blue ribbon on the beltline and a knee high maroon checkered skirt.

  "These clothes have a very strange design, maybe the owner of these clothes have a very peculiar sense of style… it does look nice however... this will have to do, after all, robbers can't be choosers…" 

   She then proceeded to a small pond on the left side of the cottage. She stared on the reflection to see how she looked. With a small grin and a nod of approval, she then proceeded to walk to one of the small villages location, to ask for any news or any information regarding Sinante Bluewing.

  

  What she did not know however is that five hundred years has already passed since that fateful battle where she lost to the High Balekon and the Godsbane wars, and Sinante Bluewing the only High Balekon in history has passed into legend… However, his descendant is studying at school at that moment.

54