Chapter 23 – Chrome’s Turn
274 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 23 - Chrome’s Turn

 

 

[ Ability Name: Metalization

Ability Type: Physical Transformation

Exo units expended: 25

Defensive Grading: 50~100

Offensive Grading: 48~52

EU/M: 1.5 EU ]

The screen was finally full with the grading’s details without asking to do any further actions for a few seconds before another line appeared…

[ Calculating overall grading… ]

What seemed to be a loading progress line appeared before vanishing to reveal a single word.

[ (=) Pass+ ]

“As expected of Future High’s student,” Jack blurted out once the chamber opened as a follow up of his comedic act…

“Humph,” Fred only harrumphed in response as he a got out of the room with before he looked towards Alice with a prideful expression, he didn’t really know what ‘Pass+’ meant as the chamber he used before didn’t have the overall grading function, but he knew that it should be something better than a normal ‘Pass’, so he deserved to be proud.

However, Alice didn’t seem to even notice his glance as she looked towards Chrome who already took a few steps towards the testing chamber…

‘Let’s hurry and get in before another one does first…’ Chrome thought to himself, taking wide steps towards the room, as he anticipated testing and comparing the difference between the grading in the chamber and the Self-Reliance palace, and of course what grade would be assigned to him in the end.

On the other hand, the other students didn’t really seem like they wanted to fight for the early spot, it was the same either way, and most of them were actually a bit nervous this time as the results were unpredictable, unlike the two earlier tests…

[ (-) Either activate your ability or just concentrate your attention on forcing it out (-) ]

As soon as the glass door closed after Chrome got into the chamber, he could see this line of the inner face of the black screen, as he could tell that the outer screen didn’t reveal everything that was displayed inside.

‘The usage description for those who don’t know their ability nor how to use it is quite vague…’ Chrome pondered before dismissing the thought, the ability he was going to display wasn’t an awakened ability anyway, so regardless if they worked or not, these rules naturally didn’t apply on it, so he couldn’t test it either way…

Instead, Chrome started the activation process that he used last time, as instructed by the floating quill, ‘Lightning, activate, right index finger, use 1 energy point.’

As expected, as he recounted his simple mind equation, a small ball of electricity formed before his index finger as he mused, ‘I will just use 1 point for now and see how the chamber will react and use the energy candy later and make a full capacity strike…’

Chrome naturally didn’t forget to slip the candy piece into his mouth stealthily before he got into the chamber where he was being watched by everyone, ready to swallow it and get the energy points when needed.

[ (~) Assessing… (~) ]

Chrome could see another line that wasn’t displayed on the outer screen when it was Fred’s turn, before it turned to the one he was familiar with...

[ Ability Name: Generate Electricity

Ability Type: Energy Manifestation

Exos Units expended: ‘As it is an energy manifestation ability, please do try to imbue as much Exos till you can’t do it anymore, so that the maximum threshold could be calculated’ ]

‘I see…’ Chrome slightly nodded in his mind as he understood that the testing method seemed to differ according to the tester’s ability type, which explained why his testing process seemed to be different when compared with Fred’s.

‘Well, then let’s test my theory to see if it works!’ Chrome exclaimed with anticipation as he concentrated in his mind, ‘use 3 energy points more…’

Unsurprisingly the ball of electricity started growing bit by bit, till it stabilized after it grew to be double of its original size before Chrome unhesitantly swallowed the candy piece that he hid in his mouth!

Gulp.

‘Use 10 more energy points!’ Chrome excitedly ordered in his mind, performing the last act of his test…

As a part of the plan he thought of on his way to school, Chrome wanted to use the 4 energy points that were left in his body after the first candy was created to create a lightning ball, with the intention to strengthen it using the energy points obtained after he eats the energy candy, thus amplifying the performance results of his abilities by using 14 points instead of 10 that should have been his limit.

However, it seemed like not everything would go his way in the end, ‘This…’ Chrome was a bit baffled…

_____________________

Energy Points (EP): 4/12

_____________________

After giving his order for the 10 energy points that he obtained from the energy candy to be expended to superimpose another lightning ball on the other one formed through the 1 + 3 energy points, the number of points used was only limited to 6 as 4 stayed back which he easily caught as he was checking the scroll for any changes periodically…

Of course, as a result, the lightning ball only doubled in size once more, giving off more sparks, which was lower than the end attack that Chrome planned to achieve, in short, his plan was half a failure, half a success, since he at least managed to form a lightning ball worth 10 energy points, which seemed to be his limit for now.

‘It seems that the rules of the palace can’t be easily bent, I thought it was a loophole that could be exploited, sigh…’ Chrome felt a bit disappointed at the result, but he took it as a learning experience in an easy spirit after letting out a short sigh.

[ Exos Units expended: 1(Min)-10(Max)

Offensive Grading: ‘Please…’ ]

Seeing the result change to his exact use of energy points, Chrome wasn’t really surprised as he already affirmed that Exos Units and Energy Points were equivalent in value in the last test as he got the same Capacity & Emission rating, calling out in his mind ‘Go!’ before he read the familiar line that appeared under the numeric values.

Zzzzzappp!

The electric was sent flying off Chrome’s finger as it collided with the glass wall, producing a brilliant spark before instantly dying out… 

 

11