Chapter 26 – Twisted?
313 6 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 26 - Twisted?

 

 

[ Name: Chrome Blue

Awakened Ability: Generate Electricity

Ability Type: Energy Manifestation

Ability Rating (Novice Stage): A+

Exos Rating (Current): E

Physical Rating (Current): C- 

- Overall rating: C

- Eligible for enrollment ]

‘Success!’ 

Taking a long look at the report card that he received by the automatic card dispenser that was outside of the floor, Chrome was suddenly overwhelmed by a swirl of happy emotions as he could only freeze in confusion.

“Chrome! You passed as well, that’s great!”

Snapping out of thanks to Bryce calling him out, Chrome’s mind finally returned to its stable state again as he smiled towards Bryce and said, “yeah, we can now go there together!”

‘This is…’ 

Sitting down beside Bryce, Chrome could only deduce that it was the doings of what was left of alter Chrome’s consciousness as he could feel that something heavy has been lifted off his mind after that exact instant.

“To all of you that have managed to get into this room, congratulations! you have managed to take the first step on the road by displaying enough talent to get accepted as part of the special enrollment program of the ‘Extra’s Academy’!” The aged examiner who had silently got on the podium said with a bright smile on his face.

The few students who failed had already been told to leave as soon as they received red report cards from the dispenser, so they had already been escorted outside by the staff.

“However, just having enough talent isn’t going to bring you far on its own, you also have to spend enough effort to keep up with your talent or else you would be just wasting it…”

“As such, as a last word of advice, make use of the next two months wisely, fix the flaws that stand on your way, and make sure that you have done all you could. Otherwise, if you think that getting into the Academy will be your way into a relaxed luxury life, then it would be better if you just throw away the card in your hand and start thinking about a different path in life.”

The aged examiner’s expression that took a 180 degree, turning into a serious judgemental one, stifled most of the students as they were unconsciously intimated...

However, the examiner’s expression went back into the bright smile almost immediately as he added, “of course, the choice is all yours, it’s just that the number of those who I have seen quit in the first month or even the first week of getting enrolled isn’t small. So I simply didn’t want you to end up like them seeing that there is a greater number of especially talented individuals this year. At the very least prepare your mentality for what to come. That’s all, I wish you good luck and let’s meet again in the Academy!”

Having finished his speech, the aged examiner went down the podium with a nonchalant expression as he casually left the room.

“Ahem, since the old man left without telling the notes he was supposed to tell, I will do it myself so we can leave. First, remember to record your address with the staff before leaving so that the bus would come to get you on the first day. Secondly, remember to go to the nearest assessment facility with your cards to receive a certain package before the first day comes.”

Crow simply stood up as he noted before he gestured for his students to follow him as they exited the room as well, one by one.

“Alright, let’s get going as well!” 

Link followed Crow’s example as he stood up as well, followed by his students, and Jack did the same silently, as they all headed to the same door they entered through.

‘I should do some research when I go home…’

As Chrome was adding his own address in, he was seriously considering the examiner’s words, while he knew that his ability could allow him to grow stronger just with time, he wasn’t going to laze around either.

Finally leaving the facility and getting into the bus at which the atmosphere calmed down a bit as a consideration for Krig who failed, Chrome just relaxed and lost himself in thought as he tried to ignore the glare full of contempt that he felt like it was going to burn him soon…

`~~~`~~~`~~~`

Two hours later, in a certain grand mansion…

“He did it! he finally did it!”

A certain young blonde girl was rolling around in her bed with a face full of smiles as she seemed incapable of holding her happiness…

“Not only did his personality return to its rightful nature, but he had also awakened an ability that suits him very well, he looked too cool while using it…”

However, while she appeared to be genuinely happy for a friend, the smile on her face couldn’t help but get twisted as her eyes seemed to be entranced.

“He had turned into someone else after his parents’ disappearance, but now… his confident smile, his brave confrontation, even his deep thinking habit, all of it has returned!”

The girl held a picture frame in her hand which had a certain indigo haired youth that seemed to be lost in thought while looking through a window.

“Naturally, I would still have accepted his weak self. It’s still him after all, but the sudden change got me too excited…”

The twisted smile only grew more twisted before the strange expression on the young girl’s face disappeared as it returned to its reserved and suitable state.

“Ugh, I was almost going to do something foolish again this morning, I really should contain myself more… but he is just too…”

A kind benevolent smile took its place this time as it almost seemed that the current girl was another person compared to herself as she looked at the picture frame once again…

“Isn’t that right… Chrome?”

 

10