#3. My Hero
619 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement

 

When the demon king appears and the world falls into turmoil, the Hero of Light will appear and banish the evil back into its eternal slumber. A tale told in many stories, many ways. This is just another one of those…


 

My long hair fluttered in the ominous winds. Destruction drew near as I raced up the endless steps, leading to the heavens. Clattered in witches wear with my sword in hand, I reached the Demon Lord’s Sanctum: Ragnarök.

The dreadful stench of sorrow assaulted me, but I couldn’t waver. This is it, the path I was born to take.

“I will end this, Demon Lord!”

I cried, catching the attention of the horrid beast. Its hellish wails erupted as the black beast towered over me. Its scales protruded wildly revealing hundreds of red eyes around its body. The nightmare bared its horrid fangs at me.

“Hehe…”

That’s all it took for me to end its life…

The world was saved…

My light prevailed…

Well…

…That’s not necessarily true.

My body shook…unable to settle down. The ends of my mouth curled, twisting inhumanly. I couldn’t see my expression but I’m a million percent sure that I looked a bit…unstable! 

“Heheheh…”

Yes, this is the power I wanted! It’s everything I’ve longed for since grandma’s fairytales!  


“A Hero?”

Grandmother chuckled. There I sat on her rug with my huge witch hat. Well, Grandma’s hat…

“She will come and save us from all the evil in this world!”

“How do you know, Grandma?”

Granny waved her sapphire wand revealing an illusion of a beautiful knight. Her porcelain skin amplified her beauty. Her silky white hair waterfalled down her back. The deep cerise in her eyes raptured my heart. She was tall, elegant, but with the essence of a powerful wonder.  

“Who is she, Grandma?”

“She is the Hero of Light, Eliezera.”

Eliezera…

Even her name resonated in my heart…

It was that day…

My teeth clenched, thinking back to that magical time. That was the day I decided that my Hero needed to come. 

“Huh???”

“What the heck happened here?”

The Demon Lord laid wasted in front of me. It’s wails of agony vanished and all that remained was its core hovering over my hand. My neck spun oddly towards my new guest.

On the left, the Acolyte of the Holy Order. She’s world-renowned for her deeds in the church. Next, the greatest assassin in all the land who swore her loyalty to the Hero of Light. At her side, a nobody witch who followed her from the first village she wandered into. Lastly, a loyal elf who vowed to end this chaos for her deceased parents’ sake.

“S-She has the Demon Lord’s Core!”

The elf shrieked. The joy in my heart didn’t waver. I stood face to face with her…The Hero of Light, Eliezera.

“Who are you?!”

Eliezera cried, readying her blade. The Demon Lord’s Core wailed as I laughed. By the horrified looks of her teammates, I could speculate that my appearance must have been…a bit unsettling. 

“Eliezera!”

My body snapped forward as if being possessed by Lucifer. I couldn’t control myself anymore. The dark core buried itself in my chest as I ran like a zombie, flailing my arms back and forth. The Acolyte stepped forward, forming a magical barrier in front of me. I’ve mastered dispelling magic so, with a wave of my hand, it shattered.

“I got her!”

The thief cried as she faded into the shadows. A silhouette emerged behind me, but it was useless. I cut the little thug down with lightning speed. She flew to the other end of the sanctum landing on her back. 

“Out of my way!”

I raged as the loyal elf along with the mundane witch blocked my path. Together they raised their wands to the heavens, creating an unholy beast from the sky to look down on me. A god who must have bestowed its power to help destroy the Demon Lord. I stood, amazed at its splendor. The spirit lifted javelins and thrust them my way.

“Even a god won’t stop me!”

I crackled, albeit manically, as the spears of righteous judgment leveled me. They stabbed me with all kinds of unholy elements. When the show of wonders was over…

“S-she's still standing!”

The elf shrieked. My face twisted as I pointed my finger to her. An unholy ray beamed, piercing the elf in the stomach. Overcome with fear, the pitiful witch fell backward. 

“Now…it’s only us, Hero of Light.”

Her elegance didn’t waver despite her group being decimated. She readied her holy blade. Her stance was perfect, with no openings and all confidence. In a flash, she sped forward and brought her blade down upon my head. However, the blade stopped on my forehead without a scratch. Her eyes widened in terror as I grabbed her arm, causing her to drop her weapon.

“How the hell?!”

“Holy resist magic.”

I whispered tenderly in her ear.

“Hehehe…I’m touching the Hero of Light!”

“Huh?”

Her face turned pale as our eyes met.

“I-I love you so much, Eliezera!”

I held her tight, falling to the ground with her in my arms. My emotions ran ramped and I couldn’t control it anymore. 

“Huh?”

“Grandma told me all about you, and I fell in love!”

“Eh?”

“When I heard that the Demon Lord awakened and that the Hero of Light will soon reincarnate…I knew what I had to do!”

I stood up and touched the core in my chest.

“I had to do everything in my power so that I could meet you. So, I decided…”

Unintentionally, a giggle seeped out. 

“TO BECOME THE DEMON LORD!

I laughed at the sky. But in an instant, I began to whisper softly.

“That way…it’ll be fate that we met.”

“She’s crazy!”

The run-of-a-mill witch accused.

“I’m not crazy! I’m in love, damn it!”

I lifted my blade intending to cut the neck off that wannabe witch! But then my Hero stepped in.

“What are you saying?”

I raised up on my toes, trying to meet eyes with my hero.

“I’ve always wanted to meet you, Eliezera!”

“I-Is that so?”

The knight cleared her throat and turned to the side.

“O-okay, you met me…what now? You hold the very core I need to destroy and end this chaos. Are you going to let me destroy it?”

“Nope.”

“What?!”

“Because once you rid of the Demon Lord’s Core…you too will vanish, Eliezera.”

The acolyte gasped.

“Huh, is that true Eliezera?”

It would seem her followers didn’t even know of the truth. She may have planned to hide it until the end. The knight bit her thumb then glared at me.

“What are your demands then? You seem to have all the power…Demon Lord.”

“C-Call me Lila instead!”

“Eh…L-Lila?”

“My demands…I-I…” 

My heart fluttered.

“…I want to go on a date with you…or else…”

I raised my hands in the air.

“I’ll destroy this entire world!”

The skies twisted purple as the demon of chaos revealed itself in the clouds. The horrid nocturn that is destined to bring about the end of the world. Even looking at the demon that appears from it could rip the soul of a man out. Unamused, Eliezera crossed her arms. 

“T-There’s no way I’ll go along with your games.”

“Oh, so you wish to see this entire world burn because you didn’t want to take me out on a date?!” 

I stumped on the floor in protest.

“What, is it my looks?! I know I look a bit crazy right now but, god, I murdered a Demon Lord only minutes ago! I-I clean up nicely!”

“It’s not that…”

The devil in the clouds roared. It was nearly time for it to unleash, destroying this feeble planet at my command.

“What then?! Am I not cute enough?! Am I too short?! Is my voice annoying?!”

The demon drew closer. If death was what awaited this world, I didn’t care! If I couldn’t have a date with Eliezera, my hero, then nobody will live!

Eliezera nursed her forehead.

“No, you’re definitely cute enough, Lila-“

“Eh?”

“Huh?”

She timidly rubbed her neck.

“I…just never met someone as…eccentric as you. Are you sure you want a date with…me, Lila? I-I don’t measure up to the stories, you know?”

She moaned as I dropped my hands, causing the purple clouds to vanish in an instant.

“Yes! I’ve only been dreaming of it for years!”

“This is ridiculous…”

The elf snapped, rubbing her stomach. I was ready to shoot her a second time. 

“Shut up! This is between me and Eliezera!”

Suddenly, my hand was caught. 

“Lila…I won’t go on a date with you if you keep threatening my comrades.”

“Eh?”

My heart exploded with joy, but I had to take hold of this situation before my chance escaped.

“E-Eliezera! Meet me in the Capital. There, we shall spend the day together!”

A manic laugh escaped as I boosted my hands to the sky. Dark clouds formed in response.

“Someone, stop her!”

Again, Eliezera held my hands and captured me with her bloodstone eyes.

“W-What will we do there, Lila?”

“Eh? I just f-figured we walk around, and you know…get to know each other?”

My hero crossed her arms and groaned.

“I spent all my money…preparing for the final fight. I didn’t expect to come back, so my cash is literally gone.”

“T-That’s kind of expected…This being your final battle and all. I-I would have done the same.”

We both looked away now, likely embarrassed from our lack of budgeting.

“I can’t watch this anymore.”

The assassin palmed her head then held out a sack of money.

“Take it, split it, go on your date. Just stop flirting already.”

“I think it’s cute.”

The acolyte chimed in.

“It’s like you two were destined for each other.”

Eliezera glared at the nun’s tease but my heart swirled at the thought.

“S-Shut up.”

“D-Do you really think so?!”

“If your date goes well, why don’t I marry you two?”

The witch sprinted over, gripping onto my hero. 

“I-I won’t allow that! Eliezera doesn’t belong to this…weirdo! Nor does she belong to the Demon Lord! How could you even think about marrying them?!”

“Settle down two-bit witch!”

I spewed at her, lifting my hands up to the sky. The day disappeared as the lavender clouds rolled back in.

“I love Eliezera more than this entire world! If I can’t have her then this world ends, capiche?”

“That’s…unreasonable!”

The elf forced her companion away as she cried.

“Because my love is unreasonable!”

I screamed with all my heart.

“Yes, I’m a selfish little dreamer who wants to love who she loves and there’s nothing anyone in this world can do about it!”

“L-Lila…”

Her voice trickled in my ear, causing me to blush.

“Eh, y-yes Hero?!”

“When should we meet?”

“W-We can meet up at Capital Square at 10 o’clock, tomorrow!”

“Hm…”

“Ah, is that too early?! Maybe 12 is a better time?”

“No…10 is fine. I was thinking about what I’ll wear. I’ve…never been on a date before.”

Honest yet mysterious, passionate yet humble. She’s everything that makes my heart rage with want. I giggled uncontrollably as I raced down the endless steps leading from the Demon Lord’s…no, my sanctum now. I still have the core so she won’t try anything unless she’s sure she can take it from me. I’ll have my date with her no matter what!


“It’s…10 o’clock.”

The Capital bustled lively as I waited patiently in my new dress. It was purple with waves that trickled down to my knees. My shoulders now exposed with a violet flower neatly tucked in my hair. The tower clock ticked stubbornly as each second slogged by.

“It’s…10:01.”

I raised my hands up to the heavens. My legs began to tremble, but I couldn’t waver now!

“S-She must have decided to stand me up!”

The lavender clouds roared in. Citizens looked up to the skies in awe. My heart ached but it’s the deal I made. If I can’t go on a date with Eliezera then-

“Ah?!”

My shoulders were grabbed from behind. 

“S-Sorry I’m late…Lila.”

Her voice serenaded my ears as the clouds began to dissipate. What took its place was a warmth in my heart. 

“…I-I was scared you stood me up, Eliezera!”

My small hands lied on her breast. If this moment lasted all eternity I wouldn’t’ mind.

“A-Actually…I’ve been here for…a little over ten minutes or so.”

“W-What, you’ve been here that long?!”

“I…found it hard to approach you.”

She scratched her nose.

“Next thing I knew I…was checking my reflection in a window and lost track of time.”

“Really…for me?”

I awed.

Her dress was one of pure silver now. It flowed down to her ankles and matched her tall, mature figure. I… couldn’t compare to her glamour.

“Well, shall we go?”

Off she went. Like a puppy, I wiggled my way behind her. Desperately, I watched her soft hands. My mouth curled in anticipation. I…wanted that hand.

“Hm?”

Eliezera turned to me. Her expression was stoic so I couldn’t read what she was thinking. 

“H-Here.”

She reached out her hand and took mine as if reading my mind. My heart pounded uncontrollably. This is the hand of…my hero. We walk through the park, looked at decorations and, seen all the new stuff from the merchants. Finally, we reached a small, homely inn.

“Oh my, what a lovely couple.”

“Huh?”

Taken aback by an elderly woman’s flattery, Eliezera’s face sprung red.

“Ah…d-do you serve pancakes here?”

“Pancakes for lunch?”

Her eyes escaped my question.

“I-Is that…not good, L-Lila?”

“N-No, I eat pancakes all day long too…”

“Seat for two?”

An elderly man entered, holding his wife’s shoulders. How I secretly wished for that to be us one day. After a small wait, our pancakes were served.

“Wait, Eliezera!”

“Huh?”

I took my pancakes and plopped them on top of hers then moved to her side. There, I cut the stack of cakes in fours and turned back to her.

“Ohhh, more pancakes?!”

Despite her elegant, mature outlook she seemed to have the heart of a child. It’s…adorable.

“Maple Syrup?”

“Yes, please!”

I drizzled the sweet over our fluffy cakes then took her fork in my hand.

“Eh?”

“Say, ahh!”

“W-What?!” 

She looked around, probably becoming aware of the customers around us.

“There’s no way I can do something like that, L-Lila?”

“D-Do you want this world to end?! I’ll run right out these doors and put my hand to the sky!”

“Lila…it’s embarrassing.”

Reluctantly, she opened her mouth. With a bite, her face lit up in bliss. My heart fluttered.

“I’ve…always wanted to do that with…the person I love.”

I giggled like a creep, but I didn’t care.

“H-Here, say ahh, Lila.”

“Eh?”

I didn’t see this counterattack coming. My heart wasn’t ready for it!

“…I-I can’t!”

“Won’t you do it…for me?”

“Wawawawaaaaa.”

I made a not so cute sound, even drooling a bit because of it. Nothing a woman should be doing…Eliezera giggled sweetly.

“Hm…you’re cute, Lila.”

“Huh???”

We sat there feeding pancakes to each other for a while longer. Using the same fork, I felt as if Eliezera was becoming a piece of me. Maybe that was too much but still…I’ve never been happier. Soon enough the sun began to set as we continued to stroll through the city.

“Hey, come with me, Lila. I…want to show you something.”

Eliezera joined our hands. We journeyed up a path that led to a clearing where flowers danced.  We sat together, watching them glow off the twilight evening. In this place, dark and light merged into something beautiful. But soon the night would come and separate its splendor.

“I…had fun today, Lila.”

“R-Really?”

“Yeah, I did.”

“…But now you have to go…Don’t you?”

“Yes, I can’t stay here, Lila.”

“…Well…we had a deal, didn’t we?”

…It was inevitable.

The unholy core seeped from my chest. The cause of hurt and pain…and the reason why my dream was…fulfilled. 

“…Goodbye, Eliezera.”

As my last tantrum, I chucked it in the flowers and ran away. I couldn’t bear to see her leave. That would mean everything I worked for would be gone. The years I spent studying, training…for this wonderful day...and terrible night.

“L-Lila!”

“O-Oh?”

My hero…embraced me from behind.

“I have to leave…But would it be selfish of me…if I ask you to come with me?”

“W-What?”

She pushed the orb back on me then held my shoulders.

“I…want to be with you...Lila. Other worlds need a Hero, but they don’t…have you in them. A-And I want you there with me…”

Her eyes enlarged as she gazed at me.

“O-Oh…”

Her slender fingers touched my lips.

“I think...I might have fallen in love with you too.”

Was this…real? Then my cheeks were embraced by her soft hands as our lips merged. We became one…until she pulled away. So, I leaped on her and pecked her lips repeatedly.

“I…I want to be with you, Eliezera!” No matter where you go! I’ll be that pesky Demon Lord that wouldn’t let you go from the other world.”

“O-Or…you…could be my wife.”

In between pecks, I gasped. 

“Huh?!”

The acolyte’s tease came back to mind. 

“But after our wedding, we’ll be leaving, alright? Other worlds need saving from a Demon Lord that's terrorizing the people.”

“Screw the people! I would die if another Demon Lord took you for themselves!”

Our beautiful dresses were stained by the grass as we rolled about.

“L-Lila, y-you…can stop kissing me…now.”

“Hell no!”

“O-Okay…”

I’m selfish and unruly. I force my will upon others, but I don’t care. I found the person I love. E-Even if it made me a little crazy along the way…my life’s mission is finally completed.

Our noses met as we smiled at each other.

“I-I love you, Lila!”

“I love you too, Eliezera!”

And I’ll destroy any world that tries to take you away from me.

19