#6. White Sapphire
727 1 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement

 

Deep in an enchanted forest lies a two-story house. It’s home to powerful enchanted weapons and magical garbs. There, you’ll find a young woman who seems to never age and her fairy companion who welcomes the guest with open arms. They are world-renowned by their craft. It’s been there for 15 years and when the doors open fairy children always fly out of the home, enchanting it with magical wonders. They live comfortably in this radiant forest. 

“White Sapphire?”

I traveled far to reach this establishment. There I saw human children with fairy wings on their backs. This was an odd sight but what took me most by surprise was the two women greeting me at the door. 

“Welcome to White Sapphire, what can we make for you?”

The pair offered me a drink as I ordered two pure white rings.

“Engagement rings?” 

She questioned, turning to the human on her side.

“Y-Yes…there’s…someone I fell in love with and I…want to confess to her.”

The human’s purple eyes shined.

“Her?”

“Y-Yes…I’m…into women. But I’m not sure if…it’ll work out. She’s…different and I’m…her childhood friend.”

The human and fairy listened intently. With a blush, they turned to each other. The fairy spoke up.

“Let me tell you a story of two ladies who weren’t supposed to ever be together.”


There I stood, barely a foot tall as I stare up at my mistress. Unlike me with my brown frizzy hair and hazel eyes…She’s beautiful with every essence of a woman. From her dazzling dark hair and lush purple eyes. Her profile mirrored that of a princess. Her bust firm, posture perfect, with a lip of a well-rounded butt.

“Sapphire, what are you thinking about?”

“Huh?”

I gasp, oh no, I did it again. I was fantasizing about…mistress’s figure. It’s inappropriate for a maid to think of such things about their mistress. No, not just that… a fairy should never idolize a human in such a way. Not only that…we are both women. Nothing as taboo could ever work between us.

“Hurry up now, mistress’s bath won’t be done by the time she’s finished dinner.”

“Yes, mother.”

I fly over to the door. There I put my finger to the wood and merge through. We fairies must use magic to get around in these giant houses. There’s no way we could turn the handle or even gather the strength to push open the door. It’s a constant reminder of how different Mistress Flora and I are. She’s a noblewoman who will marry rich. She’s been courted by several dashing men who even I cannot deny being perfect. I, however, like girls but that is a matter of its own. 

I turned on the water and watch it flow into the tub. I’ve always dreamed of one day being able to share a bath with Mistress Flora. But then I imagine her crushing me against her back by mistake…or even between her breast…or…what would happen if I drowned by her sitting on me.

“Sapphire! The bathwater is overflowing!”

A knock to the head woke me back up. 

“S-Sorry mom!”

“You’ve been acting strange lately, Sapphire! Is something the matter?”

“N-No mom…I’ll get with it from now on!”

It was only recently that I started…feeling this way towards mistress Flora.


One night I woke up and wanted to get some water…As I traveled through the halls, I reached her room. There I heard a faint noise coming from it. I probably shouldn’t have but I entered using magic. There I witnessed mistress holding her hands…in her private spot. Then I realized what was happening and escaped before I was noticed. On my way back I was…curious and slipped in again…only to see her crying…

“I’m…so alone.”

She cried with her hands covering her face.

But how?

She was courted by all those lovely looking men.

She’s surrounded by all the family and friends she would ever want…

So how is she…lonely?

Before she could realize I was there I vanished into the night and made my way back to my bed. There I lied looking at the ceiling, questioning what she meant. 

“Mistress Flora…is lonely? But why…how…?”


My memory vanished as the bathroom door suddenly opened. Mistress Flora stood on the other side. The bath ready now with bubbles spreading from one end to the other. 

“Oh…thank you very much.”

“Y-Yes Mistress…is there anything else you wish for?”

“No, that’ll be all.”

She’s like an ice sculpture. She’s cold yet beautiful to look at. Her hair wriggled down to her back. Her slender arms held a towel to cover her large breast.

“Ah…is there something you want?”

“Oh? I was just… admiring you.”

“What?”

“Oh?!”

I covered my mouth. Only then did I realize I was drooling. How could I show something so unsightly to the Mistress…?

“S-Sorry, Mistress…”

“Hold on.”

Mistress held me with her fingers. My body slumped as I tried to make my escape.

“Now wait a minute…what was your name again, maid?”

“Ah…S-Sapphire, ma’am.”

She stared at me, her expression stoic. 

“You’re…cute.” 

She smiled before letting me go.

“That’ll be all, Sapphire.”

I left the warm bathroom in a daze. Not only did the mistress hold me…she even…said my name. Her warm breath enveloped my cheeks. If only her fingers would caress my skin and brush my hair.

“Sapphire!”

“Huh?!”

I rushed back in to see Mistress Flora holding her sponge.

“I was wondering…if you could wash my back?”

I held the massive sponge in my hands as I flew behind her. Her back is so large, but I couldn’t help but want to rub every part of her. This was a dream come true.

“How long have you worked here? I’ve never seen you around.”

“For around 6 months now, Mistress.”

“Oh?... Sorry, I don’t associate with the help too often. And you being a fairy too…”

Fairies and humans aren’t seen on the same platform. Humans believe fairies are subservient to them and are treated as lower class. So, we fairies are made to do work seen only in the shadows. Even me doing something like this would be odd in a noble home.

“So…you were admiring me, Sapphire?”

“Huh?!”

My blood boiled as she turned to me. Her breast was in full view now. I could hold her perky pinks in my hands but if I did that I’d certainly be kicked out!

“Ahh…ahh...”

“Don’t be shy about it…we’re both women, aren’t we?”

“But I like women!”

Shut up, Sapphire! Are you trying to get kicked out?!

“Hm…but you’re a fairy, why would you admire a human?”

“Ahh….ahh…you just are so radiant. Fairy or not…”

She leaned back; her breast bounced causing me to rub my legs together.

“Are you…attracted to me, Sapphire?”

“N-No, I could never be! You’re my mistress and you’re a human! I wouldn’t be able to rub your breast properly or make you feel pleasure because of our size differences. Even if we became a pair It-it wouldn’t work! No matter how much I want it too!”

“S-Sapphire…”

“I wouldn’t be able to hold you or rub your butt or pet your head or...”

“Hush now. You talk a lot, fairy.”

She put her finger over my mouth. How I had to hold the urge to put it in my mouth and swish it about, tasting every aspect of her finger. 

“So, you’re nothing but a pervert, aren’t you?”

“Huh?!”

Mistress Flora chuckled.

“Wow… I never thought I’d have someone so interesting in the same household as me this entire time.”

After the bath, Mistress Flora invited me to her room. There I sat on her enormous bed as she lied there with me.

“I…like woman too, Sapphire.”

“Huh?”

“Yep…but mother and father told me that I need to get over this phase and marry a proper young man.”

“Phase?”

“Yep, phase. Apparently, I’m being rebellious. All my other brothers and sisters went off and married a proper person of the opposite sex. They’re happy and make lots of money.”

She lifted my tiny hands in hers.

“But I don’t want to be married off to a man I don’t love. If that’s happiness, then I would rather be miserable.”

“Mistress Flora…”

“If only you were human then I’d run away with you.”

It wasn’t enough that I admired her. Or that I believed I fell in love with her and lusted after her. It wasn’t even enough that I was a woman who likes women…just like her. We have too many differences and eventually one of them would be the main problem. This problem…I wasn’t human, and she wasn’t a fairy. Even though we might share the need for each other something would always stand in our way. Like…always.

“Sorry…we can’t be together, but we can be friends, Sapphire.”

“I…would love that.”

I lied out of my mouth. I hated those words. “Be friends?” Every time I fell in love with someone it was always…we can “be friends, Sapphire.” Why did it have to be so hard for someone like me to find someone to love?

“I’m happy we can be friends!”

“M-Me too…”

So again, even mistress will be a person who my love will burn bright until they leave me for someone they love? Then eventually they’ll stop talking to me and I’ll have to accept the fact that it was just a one-sided flame that needed to burn out time and time ago. 

“Sapphire?”

“Huh?”

“Oh no…I made you cry.”

I touched my cheeks and there they were…those pesky tears that always flood out when I never want them too. 

“Ahh…ahh…”

I needed air, I wanted to be as far away as I could. I literally wanted to die now.

“I’m sorry I can’t recuperate your feelings. It’s not that I don’t find you attractive or anything it’s just…”

“I-I know…I…I’ve always known.”

I hopped off the bed and flew away. 

“S-Sapphire!”

I closed my eyes and flew out of the room using magic to escape. There’s no way…I could return and face Mistress Flora again. Not after such a pitiable display.


 

“Ah, excuse me, have you seen Sapphire?”

The fairy maids looked at me like I grew three heads. It’s rare for a keeper to associate with the help, especially fairy’s and maids of the like. I needed to find her and tell her the real reason why I couldn’t…be with her. It’s been three days since and nobody has seen her around. 

“M-Mistress.”

“Hm?”

An older fairy maid flew up to me. She had to be around 1.5 feet so a bit taller than the other maids.

“Are you looking for my daughter?”

“Oh…Sapphire is your daughter?”

“Yes…I must apologize for her absence. She might not be coming back to this establishment.”

“Huh?”

“Sapphire isn’t one to be able to keep a job for too long. For the 150 years she’s been alive she could barely keep work for a year.”

“I…see.”

Well, this would be for the best. She shouldn’t know that I’m already engaged to be married. So, any hope of us getting involved in that way would only lead to her being hurt. 

“However, if you would still like to see her then I can have that arranged.”

“…”

I wanted to say yes but…

“No, that’s quite alright.”

“Yes, Mistress.”

She is a fairy, a lowly being who I shouldn’t be associating with. Even though she stands a foot tall and a bit of a pervert…and she’s honest…and kind…

“M…ma’am.”

I stuttered, calling back to the older fairy.

“Ah…may I take you up on that offer?”

A few days passed but there was no word of Sapphire. I was starting to believe she decided not to come…despite me pleading her mother. I did reject her, and I have only myself to blame. As I sipped tea on the autumn season, the porch cooled itself off in the wind. 

“I…just want to see Sapphire…”

“Mistress?”

I turned to see the flying fairy. Her shoulders are down as she looked away.

“Oh, you…came.”

There we sat at a table. Well, Sapphire sat on the table. She was like a little doll I use to have when I was young. My parents took it from me so I could grow up and become a proper lady. We sat there without a word for a moment before ultimately, I moved my lips.

“I’m sorry we can’t be friends, Sapphire.”

“I…know.”

She looked up in the sky.

“For the 150 years, I lived…there’s been plenty of people I’ve fallen in love with… admired too.”

Tears started forming in her eyes. 

“But it’s not easy…liking people of the same sex. There’s always that…” let’s just be friends or, it wouldn’t work...” lurking in the corner.

Her tears grew as she looked down.

“I’m so used to being the only one who’s fallen in love. Never once has anyone ever…felt that way towards me though.”

She hung her head down like a toy.

“Mom thinks I’m useless. ‘Sapphire can never find a job…she has no ambitions…she just moves with the wind and once she’s bored, she just leaves…’

Her small body begins to shake.

“But that’s not true…I do have ambitions…I just fall in love easily…and I always mess things up and run away. Just…like before.”

For 21 years my family constantly gives me people who say they love me. At the drop of a hat, I can be within someone else’s arms, and maybe even one day I would eventually fall in love with them. But Sapphire has been searching for a person to say that… they love her for over 150 years. And not once had anyone recuperated her feelings. I’m lonely because I can’t find someone who I genuinely love…but she’s lonely because everyone she loved ran from her. Could the answer to this riddle be as easy as that?

“I’m sorry, Mistress. I won’t ever cause you any trouble again. Just please don’t take it out on my mother.”

I grabbed her clothing and lifted her up in front of my face. Her feet dangled just over my neck. Our sizes are extremely different, and I have no idea…how this kind of thing would even work between us. Unconsciously, I turned her around and angled her out to the side.

“M-Mistress Flora?”

She has a good size bust for a fairy…her cheeks are puffy…

“M-Mistress?!”

I lift her maid wear…I’m not trying to look at her underwear or anything…No, I wanted a better look at her slender legs as they pull up gently puffing out her butt. If she stood 5 feet taller and 100lbs heavier I would want her to lift me up and take me away. But no…

She’s…Sapphire…

A fairy…

“I think you’re perfect.”

“Huh?”

“You’re firm, slender, have a great shape that’s a tad irresistible…even for a fairy. It’s…a bit of a…you know…turn on.”

Her skin turned red. I could see even her legs were shaking. 

“Nnnng, stop it!”

She got free and turned back to me. 

“P-Pervert!”

“You’re one to talk.”

I looked out into the distance. If I take this leap…I won’t be able to come back. But there’s nothing here that I’ll miss. 

“I want you to take me away, Sapphire.”

“Huh?”

“Take me away from this place! I want to live out in the forest, away from all of this! I don’t want to be a noble’s prize…I want to be with someone who would love me!”

My voice started to shake.

“I-I know how to nit. We could start a business and sell it to the town. You know magic so maybe you can enchant them…we can make a shop from our cozy home. We can be together…I even heard fairies know of spells for…off-spring…so…maybe somehow…someday… even with our gap in sizes, …we can make love-“

My mouth got covered by her small fingers.

“S-stop!”

“Hm?”

“M-Mistress…you’re talking too much! It’s embarrassing.”

Sapphire nuzzled up to my ear and whispered. 

“We’ll find a way…I’m sure.”

It was that day…I found my love.


 

“Good luck and I hope to see you and your childhood friend next time you come.”

“T-Thank you, both of you!”

The woman took her engagement rings in her hand. Determination fired in her eyes as she rushed out the door.

“Hey…Sapphire…”

“Hm?”

Flora nuzzled her nose against mine. 

“I think…you should get in touch with your mother again.”

My face warmed up.

“Another one?! …We already have our hands full with the other twelve…”

“Well…I told you to be careful.”

I closed my eyes and smiled faintly.

“I… couldn't help myself…”

I turned around, not looking the mother of now thirteen in the eyes.

“We’ll talk about this after we finish helping our customers!”

“You pervert.”

“W-well I couldn’t help myself…you’re so meek when we…you know.”

“Sh-shut up.”

Flora… was the one…that didn’t run from me. 

The woman I’ve fallen in love with 15 years ago… the one that chased after me. It started out rough but eventually, we made it work…thirteen times now. No matter how many times I got rejected in the past…there was one out there for me. And Flora was the one. So, no matter how different someone is…I’m sure if they are the ones for them, they will surely find happiness.


“Will you…marry me?”

Her elven ears perked up. My vision went blurry…my eyes watered with tears. Fear crept up in me but what took hold was her slender arms holding me. Me being human, her being an elf and, both of us being women…

“Yes, I will marry you! I’ve waited so long for you to ask me!”

Were that woman and fairy, right? How I wished for this day to come and it’s finally here. The last push I needed was those two.

Thank you, White Sapphire, for giving me the hope I needed...

To make it work between the one I’ve fallen in love with…

No matter how different we are.

19